Deleted

how do DoTs scale?

i'm wondering how DoT effects (and HoT effects) scale with the the following stats and how refreshing comes into the picture, and if there is a difference between over time effects that mention X over Z seconds or X every Y seconds for Z seconds.

INT and SP
    crit
    haste
    mastery
    +damage buffs on you (like empowered shadows)
    other buffs (like trinket procs)
    + damage debuffs on the target (halfus, CoE)
    other debuffs on the target (like 5% crit)

this information is all available out there, but i find it kinda scattered. one source mentions the 4 top stats, another mentions the buffs and debuffs,... but i don't think i have found a source yet that gathers them on 1 page.

Check out Karnor's thread here. I think it has most of the info you're looking for.

Stat Priority: Intellect > Spirit > Haste = Mastery > Crit

Here are the haste threshholds for dots in relation to haste
    Vampiric Touch
    Ticks / Haste %
    5 / 0
    6 / 10
    7 / 30
    8 / 50
    9 / 70

Devouring Plague
    Ticks / Haste %
    8 / 0
    9 / 6.25
    10 / 18.75
    11 / 31.25
    12 / 43.75
    13 / 56.25

Shadow Word: Pain
    Ticks / Haste %
    6 / 0
    7 / 8.33
    8 / 25.
    9 / 41.66
    10 / 58.33

Theres also a haste table for renew but its very meh spell if ur blanketing as its not ur goto spell and u only need 12.5% to get an xtra tick which gets refreshed anyway while in serenity and i think for the 2nd xtra tick for it would be 37.5% dont quote me on that, thats just a number im thinking of atm but i think its that anyway

For the rest find out yourself as they aren't overly important anyway as you shouldnt really be refreshing ur dots as soon as u get a proc from a trinket or what not because it actually lowers ur dps unless everything procs at exactly the same time which would generally only occur when you refresh your dots after ur initial cast anyway, and you generally would only recast a dot if the proc is about to fall off
    Last edited by Kent1000; 2011-04-15 at 11:16 AM. Reason: GRAPH FAILED TO COPY LOL