Poll: What MMO Are You Gunna Try?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Hated Bioware/EA after Dragon Age II, plus their annoying marketing and the way they handled things in general.Don't feel like bothering with their games for now, just don't wanna.

So it's GW2 all the way, and after reading some stuff about GW2... well, i can't say that i could give a damn about any other MMO, not until i try this one out.

While I agree Dragon Age 2 was a massive dissapointment, I'll give Bioware the benefit of the doubt due to releasing high quality games for well over a decade for me, meaning I'll likely try SW: TOR.

bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you forgot The secret world but i voted for GW2 even tho i never played GW and i dont like the first one.

GW2 and Warhammer 40k is not coming out this year, and you forgot the MMO that currently has by far the most hype for it(SWTOR).

Dragonball Online

Dragonball Online

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p84nBxAwQOs
    ^ Cinematic

Def would get me off Wow, if it ever comes to America.

SWTOR nuff said.......

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    GW2 and Warhammer 40k is not coming out this year, and you forgot the MMO that currently has by far the most hype for it(SWTOR).
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/s...pe/sOrder/desc

The hype meter disagrees.

Guild Wars 2 is by far the most hyped MMO right now.

Oh and why do you keep posting that GW2 will not come out this year, that's unsubstantiated FUD. The beta has been confirmed to be this year and release is expected this year. So unless there's major problems the game will release this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Go be a fanboy elsewhere, stop spreading false rumors

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm buying SW:TOR the day it releases and giving it a month. It's currently looking to be pretty fantastic, but you never know. If it turns out to be as polished as I'm hoping, then I'm going to cancel my other subscriptions. I'm long over due for joining a new, blossuming MMO again.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Star Wars The Old Republic. ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elledramoc View Post
    Dragonball Online

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p84nBxAwQOs
    ^ Cinematic

Def would get me off Wow, if it ever comes to America.
    So... awesome..

---------- Post added 2011-04-14 at 10:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    I must have missed the part where he was a "fanboy" in any way, shape or form in this quote. Realistically, GW2 is indeed not dropping until 2012. Do I have proof? No, of course not, nor is there proof of the opposite. I can, on the other hand offer many reasons to support this logic.

On Topic: I'm buying SW:TOR the day it releases and giving it a month. It's currently looking to be pretty fantastic, but you never know. If it turns out to be as polished as I'm hoping, then I'm going to cancel my other subscriptions. I'm long over due for joining a new, blossuming MMO again.
    If you posted here regularly, he constantly dogs on anything that isn't star wars, it's getting annoying.

Where's the option for several?

Guild Wars 2
    Planetside Next
    The Secret World
    Tera Online
    SWTOR

(Warhammer 40k will not be released in 2011.)

I think GW2 looks really cool. I still feel like I haven't given RIFT enough of a fair try, too. Forgive me for my ignorance, but what exactly is the hype about SW: TOR for? I love the Star Wars storyline, no doubt, but I think it seems like it would be really difficult to make interesting hoy-key based MMO-style combat around swinging lightsabers and shooting lasers. Know what I mean?

---------- Post added 2011-04-14 at 11:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    I'm buying SW:TOR the day it releases and giving it a month. It's currently looking to be pretty fantastic, but you never know. If it turns out to be as polished as I'm hoping, then I'm going to cancel my other subscriptions. I'm long over due for joining a new, blossuming MMO again.
    Not gonna lie, I *love* WoW, but the prospect of joining a community just getting on its' feet and exploring a new, expansive world sounds awesome. But (WoW was my first serious MMO) now that I've had so much experience in MMOs, do you think that novelty factor will still be present?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruu View Post
    Not gonna lie, I *love* WoW, but the prospect of joining a community just getting on its' feet and exploring a new, expansive world sounds awesome. But (WoW was my first serious MMO) now that I've had so much experience in MMOs, do you think that novelty factor will still be present?
    I'm actually glad to see someone agrees. There's something irreplaceable about being in a world where EVERYONE is a "newb" and no one has the right to look down on anyone else. Wandering out into the world randomly and finding little things that aren't popularly known about is something you just can't get in an offline game (Or hell, even IRL anymore )

To answer your question, the biggest thing you'll have to get used to, at least this was true in my own experience, is the quest flow of other games. WoW has definitely grown into a title that bullrushes you to level cap and focuses on trying to make sure you have a smooth, fun ride while you get there. Other titles aren't quite as "hand-holding" in this aspect. Sometimes you'll simply find yourself with no quests in your logs and no idea where to go next. This isn't a bad thing, but a sense of personal exploration is very helpful =) Other than that, yeah, the novelty is always there in the beginning, assuming you actually like the game to begin with, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post

If you posted here regularly, he constantly dogs on anything that isn't star wars, it's getting annoying.
    You caught me before I deleted it. I had a brain fart for an instant and didn't register who it was. Don't worry, he's just as annoying on the actual TOR forums as well. Sorry for the misunterstanding.
    Last edited by Luko; 2011-04-15 at 03:18 AM.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by ZyngaFail View Post
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/s...pe/sOrder/desc

The hype meter disagrees.

Guild Wars 2 is by far the most hyped MMO right now.

Oh and why do you keep posting that GW2 will not come out this year, that's unsubstantiated FUD. The beta has been confirmed to be this year and release is expected this year. So unless there's major problems the game will release this year.
    Because 1 website determines that? mmorpg is very known for hating pay to play MMOs.

The best way you can tell is from site traffic.

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/guildwars2.com#
    http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/swtor.com

as you can see, SWTOR is getting much more traffic than GW2. Not like it really matters, but SWTOR is definitely going to be more popular for very obvious reasons.

So from site traffic
    GW2:
    Last 30 days 15.6%
    Last 7 days 18.7%
    Yesterday 21.9%

SWTOR:
    Last 30 days 11.8%
    Last 7 days 10.9%
    Yesterday 14.8%
    looks like GW2 is winning. Iv never used this site before but im just going off the chart that i see

Deleted
    Warhammer 40k tbh sounds more fun and as a 40k player myself its gonna be interesting to see.

Other then that Skyrim looks awesome :P
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9eGtyqz4gY better then the real trailer.

I'm going to try out Secret World for sure, the game just looks neat. Also going to buy buying GW2 to play super casually. I won't be touching ToR though, unless it's the best game ever made. I've had enough of lame single player on rail questing mmos.

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    So from site traffic

looks like GW2 is winning. Iv never used this site before but im just going off the chart that i see
    Pretty sure you are looking at it wrong. This is what you should be looking at.

swtor.com

Alexa Traffic Rank

Traffic Rank in US

Sites Linking In

guildwars2.com

Alexa Traffic Rank

Traffic Rank in US

Sites Linking In