Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    No, I was referring to the racial comment specifically. The human racial has been a blight on both PVP and PVE since it was created. The game would be improved, massively, if it was removed.
    Sounds like someone is overexaggerating, at least in PVE there are very few things historically it would remove. The main one being fear, which is somewhat pointless when it is cast multiple times and has a short duration.

We did this with a 2 tank/3 healer comp as well without a mage.
    We're alliance, which gives up an advantage.
    On our first kill, we used both our bops and our hpally had to racial/interrupt.
    On subsequent kills, after the two bops, our dps was good enough to get him down before his third set of roars.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    No, I was referring to the racial comment specifically. The human racial has been a blight on both PVP and PVE since it was created. The game would be improved, massively, if it was removed.
    I can easily say exactly the same about that tauren stun or the belf silence.

Anyways on topic. DK with IBF will work. Also PvP trinkets.

Deleted
    Im to lazy to read if this has been said, but release the slate and OT it, taunt of eachother. 90% of the times the stun from slate will save you from this happening. And if it does paladin with bubble ftw.

You can have a pally using bubble and casting hand of protection on a healer (shaman would be good so he can heal a bit through the damage and he has a range interrupt). You can also release Slate Dragon wich will stun Halfus, sometimes it'll stun during the Furious Roar and causing it to be interrupted with less than 3 ticks, other times it'll stun right before he casts Furious Roar what will give your healers more time to top your raid - notice that doing this way you should have a tank with cooldowns up taunting and tanking Slate during the roar (if you're not killing it).

you can also use the stun reduction meta on one of your interrupters( you probably want one with hit cap aka not a tank) , just have a small stack in the guild bank ( and the ones he/she needs to switch back to later). pop down mobile banking, and don't forget to switch back , easy mode.

Have a ORC as any class with a short cd interrupt? Have her/him spam interrupt, he/she should be able to get it just in time^^

Remember Holydins can interrupt aswell now, might be helpful

Anything else I recon have been said.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

I didnt see what your raid comp is, but I will give you this tip.

Release slate after the first one or two drakes dies, he stuns the rest of them, makes Hal take more damage and makes you take less from roar. You can easily take it down in addition to the other drakes, and it makes things much smoother.

As for interupts, buy a shaman off of craigslist.
    GL

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bobty View Post
    Sounds like someone is overexaggerating, at least in PVE there are very few things historically it would remove. The main one being fear, which is somewhat pointless when it is cast multiple times and has a short duration.
    Actually, in PvE it removes a lot.

It's not overpowered though. At least not anymore overpowered than say, Goblin Jump (which in a lot of cases is a direct DPS increase, as well as a survivability tool. There are many more "things to avoid" than stuns). Other things like Worgen racial, help tremendously for things like Atramedes. I'm sure BE's can get some good use from their racial as well.

etc.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

We don't release Slate and just eat the damage. Not really sure why we don't release the last drake... but we don't .

Deleted
    free action potion and living action potion.

Why would anyone not bring a mage we make it all so much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    Have a ORC as any class with a short cd interrupt? Have her/him spam interrupt, he/she should be able to get it just in time^^

Remember Holydins can interrupt aswell now, might be helpful

Anything else I recon have been said.
    We used our orc dk to get the interrupt, the racial alone wasn't enough to get it though, he also had to use the meta gem with stun reduction.

Deleted
    I usually take care of this as a tank. First one i bubble, 2nd one is time for free action potion and 3rd one is PvP trinket (the last one is a last way out of it if we have no one else who can take it) BUT we usually do it on 25 and there you have Blink, IBF, Bubble, etc.

Also can people stay on topic and stop whining about racials? =)

There are plenty of ways to do this.

2 ways that -everyone- can do is wear a PVP trinket, and use http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/20008/l...action-potion/

There are also some race-specific solutions: Orc with a stun reduction meta with an interrupt ability (kick, pummel, mind freeze, etc), humans with every man for themself.

As well as class-specific solutions: Paladins can bubble and rebuke, and paladins can also hand of protection someone else with a kick (they have to click it off after the last stun), DK icebound fortitude, probably others.

if u have hunter ask him to use a gorilla they can interump and with the talent 30% reducion stun duration is really easy

Claxxess response is a common way to get through it

Deleted
    actually its a knockdown AND a stun combined, just like throwdown.
    the knockdown can not be dispelled in any way and only hinders movement. the stun however is dispellable.
    thats why mages can just blink out of the last stun and counterspell the nova.
    a dk can use icebound fortitude to get stun immunity, and of course any trinket dispels the stun.
    another possibility is to have a warrior using bladestorm well timed, using a beastmaster hunter with a kick-pet(gorilla for example) using bestial wrath properly, paladins with divine shield, or in case nothing else works for you shadowpriest who skilled silence using dispersion

Quote Originally Posted by Touch View Post
    if u have hunter ask him to use a gorilla they can interump and with the talent 30% reducion stun duration is really easy
    another good idea. this way the spec does not matter and respeccing your pet is free anyways

I'm an orc without the stun meta and if I just spam Shield Bash during the last stun I'll get it in time >.>

Didn't have mage for the first 5 kills or so we did.

Didn't see it mentioned in my quick scan. But if you HoP someone they will not get knocked down. They can click it off after the roar and interrupt. That takes care of 2 easily, can trinket a 3rd.