Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jreg View Post
    I honestly believe the Heat would have more trouble with the Bulls than the Lakers. If the Heat manage to beat Bulls in 7, I think they could take the Lakers in 6 or 7. Kobe is insane in the playoffs, but they are weakest against athletic guards (Chris Paul baby!), and their inside presence can be somewhat nullified with good help defence.

Also, it's hard seeing the Spurs come out with a great season, and then likely fail in the post-season because Manu's injured. They definitely needed him yesteday.
    The Lakers have trouble against a great point guard, not the two guard which is usually smothered by Kobe. The Heat's point guard is a mishmash of Mike Bibby and Mario Chalmers, Balmers as I refer to them. Not exactly as threatening as Cp3 lol. I don't have any confidence at all in Big Z's defense, because well it doesn't exist, so I would expect the superior length of Gasol and Bynum to do major damage inside compared to Noah and Boozer.

Ya the Spurs really need Manu. I don't think they end up losing the series without him because it is the Grizz after all, but no way do they get past OKC without him, or likely even with him.

Also, my love for the Heat is driven by a delusional reality I live in where D-Wade is a Detroit Piston and has been for years. Anyone remember that time Joe Dumars passed on Carmelo Anthony and Dwayne Wade to draft Darko Milicic? I do. I died a little inside right then. Sure they won a ring after wards, in no way thanks to Darko who averaged about 12 second/game. That move along with trading Billiups still makes me wonder why Dumars has a job. But then again Keuster is still the coach even though he is terrible and everyone hates him so that isn't a whole lot of "organizational oversight" it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    The Lakers have trouble against a great point guard, not the two guard which is usually smothered by Kobe. The Heat's point guard is a mishmash of Mike Bibby and Mario Chalmers, Balmers as I refer to them. Not exactly as threatening as Cp3 lol. I don't have any confidence at all in Big Z's defense, because well it doesn't exist, so I would expect the superior length of Gasol and Bynum to do major damage inside compared to Noah and Boozer.
    Not just the point guard, but any one in the backcourt. It's the reason why the Lakers have struggled against Charlotte consistently; they have one helluva athletic backcourt. It'll be the same reason why if the Lakers meet OKC, they're in for a monster of a playoff fight.

And if Coach Spoe isn't retarded, he won't be using Z too much against the Lakers. Maybe as an opener and a guy that can stretch the floor, but he'll want to use Dampier and Joel Anthony too.

Did you see the Christmas game between the Lakers and Heat? Dwade did a number on Kobe.

Ilgauskas actually has a history of bothering Bynum, so it's possible he'd see decent minutes in a series. People also need to get it out of their head that Kobe is a lockdown defender. This isn't 04 anymore, he can clamp down on someone for a few minutes in the fourth or in spurts, but he doesn't have the energy to be a premier defender through an entire game and contribute offensively.
    It's also perfectly plausible the Heat would struggle more with the Bulls. They still haven't proven they can consistently tackle a Thibs defense, although Chicago's played very mediocre defense in their first 2 play-off games. Guess we'll have to see how it turns out, a lot can change still.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogias View Post
    Ilgauskas actually has a history of bothering Bynum, so it's possible he'd see decent minutes in a series. People also need to get it out of their head that Kobe is a lockdown defender. This isn't 04 anymore, he can clamp down on someone for a few minutes in the fourth or in spurts, but he doesn't have the energy to be a premier defender through an entire game and contribute offensively.
    It's also perfectly plausible the Heat would struggle more with the Bulls. They still haven't proven they can consistently tackle a Thibs defense, although Chicago's played very mediocre defense in their first 2 play-off games. Guess we'll have to see how it turns out, a lot can change still.
    Agree with your post entirely except game 2 for the Bulls.

The defence wasn't up to standard, but it was still pretty good. I think the Bulls would've won in a blow out if they didn't turn the ball over like a god damn uranium fuel rod. That said, that offensive foul followed by a no call was pretty horseshit. Pacers are definitely making the series interesting.

I could definitely see a Heat/Bulls series go either way. At the very least, I think it'll be an awesome showcase of defensive prowess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't believe the Knicks lost yet again..... we could easily be 2-0.

Quote Originally Posted by nonamekiller View Post
    Doesn't help that both Billups and Amare were out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nonamekiller View Post
    Keep the faith. The fact that the Knicks were in both game 1 and 2 is beyond surprising to me. They are a .500 team playing against the most experienced team in the East. They were in both those games in the final seconds on the road. The problem that has popped up is that the Celtics are too talented at too many positions for the Knicks to be able to defend a last second attempt well. Yes the C's cheated to get the open look to end game 1. Game 2 though KG just over powered his man and the Knicks couldn't double team because anyone on the floor for the C's could knock down a game winner. The exact opposite can be said of the Knicks without Billups and Amare on the floor. They don't have a second option besides Melo without them. As soon as Melo got doubled and passed off the ball it was game over. They would have had a better shot having him take that awful shot he took in game 1 in game 2 when there were no good options. You don't take the ball out of the guy with the hot shot. It killed them in game 1 when they stopped going to Amare. It killed them in game 2 when Melo didn't find a way to take the final shot.

If they add a few more pieces around their superstars, just like the Heat have to, they are going to be a force to be reckoned with in the years to come.

Also Jeter sucks big time bro. Should have retired after last season. Can't believe the Yankees resigned him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a chance that the Mavericks are making it out of Round 1. Game 3 comes home to Portland tonight, and the sixth man is going to push the team way over the top. Wallace has had a weird slump over these last two games, but coming back to PDX and having the entire stadium cheering him on (which by the way, Portland fans don't need an announcer to tell them when to cheer like the sadsack Dallas fans do) is going to break him out of this funk. Watch us rack up 3 double doubles tonight and Saturday. It's going to be great.

EDIT: For some reason, I seemed to have thought that Saturday was Thursday. XD
    Last edited by Aurzon; 2011-04-22 at 08:22 AM.

Heat fan here hope i'm not the only one. Sometimes the Heat are hard to watch. Why doesn't Lebron and Wade just attack attack sometimes they just stand there and take jumpers never understood that. Just drive give and go. I think anyone who plays the heat should just play zone on them, make them beat you with jumpers. Lebron use to run up and down 24/7 when he was on the Cavs not sure why its different, maybe different offense I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go Portland! lol

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by berger103 View Post
    Celtics all day, no one can stop them
    Without Perkins? Good luck against Chicago and LA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bulls.

Though every year I'm rooting for whoever is playing against the Lakers and Celtics. That and since this is the first year in forever the Jazz haven't made it, I have no one I care about to root for.

What fun is there in seeing the same two teams in the Finals every year?

10+ Year Old Account
    God dam Knicks.... series could have been tied at 2-2 >.<.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    I think the Heat will do it.

But really, i want someone OTHER than lakers or Celtics winning it.
    Most people agree,,, but the championship will go through Boston or LA
    Last edited by kunah; 2011-04-25 at 01:31 AM.
    Operation Red Wing

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy Brandon fracking Roy, did you watch game 4? If he comes back to his old ways in the Playoffs, I could see the Blazers going pretty far.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking either Chicago or Celtics. I'm really rooting for the Celtics, especially now that they have their playoff mode engaged, but sadly their very inconsistent. For consistency I'm rooting for Chicago, even though it's a bit sad that whenever Derrick Rose isn't on the floor, Chicago loses presence. The thing I am MOST rooting for though is for CP3 to knock the Lakers out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Holy Brandon fracking Roy, did you watch game 4? If he comes back to his old ways in the Playoffs, I could see the Blazers going pretty far.
    Yea... they were down 23 at one point in the 3rd... good shit Roy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Da Bulls! Seeing Rose hit the deck was scaaaaaaaaaaaaaary.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Scranton, PA...yes where the office was made!
    Celtics has been my team for life, as long as the heat dont win it im fine, ive watched the yankees but enough championships in one sport, dont ruin this one with money

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one who thinks Memphis going up 3-1 on the Spurs is like the Cleveland Anythings winning a title?