10+ Year Old Account

Blue poster got mad at me...

So this Blue posted in response to someone on the official forums griping about how a cosmetic change is the last thing that warlocks need, insinuating that they need to fix balance issues with the class.

"It's understandable you feel that way. I just ask that you recognize I added the caveat that we don't have a set time frame for doing this -- it's just something our artists are excited about doing. With that said, also recognize that artists don't balance classes, nor will the class balance team be designing new gender models for your demons. "

(I would post link but I am still considered a newbie on this website)

So being the flippant person that I am, I responded to the Blue saying...

"Maybe the artists should be the ones balancing the classes since your supposed 'class balance team' is doing such a bang up job..."

Aparently he/she did NOT find my comment ammusing and perma banned me from the wow forums. So so sad...

...so what is it you want to discuss here exactly?

10+ Year Old Account
    That the blue did what every blue should do.

The team dedicated to balance changes and the team dedicated to cosmetic/graphical changes are completely separate. Programmer time will be spent in both cases, but that is largely insignificant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Discuss? Oh my dear self-righteous friend you... Why I wish to discuss absolutely nothing, just to share my glorious achievement of being banned from the official forums. You must understand that this was my first ever ban from them so I just really got super-excited and wanted to share with everyone here!

/sarcasm

Still not really getting this. This is the Class Discussions forum. Forums in general are for discussion. You could have made this a discussion by adding something like "Do you think the ban was fair?". I'm still certain you would get a resounding "yes".

You can call it "Blizzard will ban you for saying bad things about them" all you want, the truth is that, as I said in my previous paragraph, forums including the official WoW forums are for discussion, and insinuating that the art team could do a better job of class balance than the class balance team doesn't lead to constructive discussion.
    Last edited by Renowned; 2011-04-15 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShamanTankFTW View Post
    "Maybe the artists should be the ones balancing the classes since your supposed 'class balance team' is doing such a bang up job..."

Aparently he/she did NOT find my comment ammusing and perma banned me from the wow forums. So so sad...
    It's not even creative.

Discuss? Oh my dear self-righteous friend you... Why I wish to discuss absolutely nothing, just to share my glorious achievement of being banned from the official forums. You must understand that this was my first ever ban from them so I just really got super-excited and wanted to share with everyone here!

/sarcasm

Okay well, gratz I guess. But this is a forum, not a diary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, whoops...

Put this in the wrong forum then, so so sorry.

But to be honest, we all know that was a completely fair ban. I mean, who wouldn't get mad and ban someone for quip'ing and insulting a moderator's intellegence. But now I must ask, is this not considered a discussion? Seeing as we are all talking to one another so maturely?

15+ Year Old Account
    You must understand that this was my first ever ban from them so I just really got super-excited and wanted to share with everyone here!
    This is the first time you have been perma-banned from the Blizzard forums? Allow me to say; "No shit, mate.".

So this Blue posted in response to someone on the official forums griping about how a cosmetic change is the last thing that warlocks need, insinuating that they need to fix balance issues with the class.

"It's understandable you feel that way. I just ask that you recognize I added the caveat that we don't have a set time frame for doing this -- it's just something our artists are excited about doing. With that said, also recognize that artists don't balance classes, nor will the class balance team be designing new gender models for your demons. "

(I would post link but I am still considered a newbie on this website)

So being the flippant person that I am, I responded to the Blue saying...

Nobody will miss you. Nobody will miss you if you completely quit because blizzard is a "censoring nazi communist dictatorship".

Don't get me wrong...demon geneder *is* probably lowest priority, even far behind goddamn green fire (srsly blizz). But just because you stand for the "right" opinion, doesn't mean you can act as you like.
    Luckily enough people submit their concern and feedback in a mature way. Goodbye.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Enjoy getting banned from this forum aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    "Idiocracy" becoming reality in the US, "Planet of the Apes" becoming a reality in Europe.

Oh, whoops...

Put this in the wrong forum then, so so sorry.

But to be honest, we all know that was a completely fair ban. I mean, who wouldn't get mad and ban someone for quip'ing and insulting a moderator's intellegence. But now I must ask, is this not considered a discussion? Seeing as we are all talking to one another so maturely?
    Fair enough,

Yep I agree your ban was only fair. That's how things seems to play down on the official forums. I'm just glad I never really get in to any arguments there, the moderators seems a little bit stingy.

10+ Year Old Account
    My dear dear Ultima, I must confess that this was my first ever ban. As in, I had never been banned before. In hind-sight I wish that I had gone out with a little more bang...

Deleted
    My dear dear Ultima, I must confess that this was my first ever ban. As in, I had never been banned before. In hind-sight I wish that I had gone out with a little more bang...
    I'd like you to have gone out with a bang as well. As in the bang of the door against your face.

What are you trying to accomplish by being a prick on the official forums without adding anything constructive?

Oh man, you really told them! Is that what you wanted to hear? Did you come here thinking everyone would pat you on the back and give you high fives?

10+ Year Old Account
    Alyson...what on earth gave you the idea that I should have been constructive? There are more intellegent people on both of these forums that are well more equiped to post constructive things. But you mean to tell me that you have never felt the urge to take a 'dig' at one of the moderators when they post rediculous things? Well my good sir, I have as you can pretty much tell.

You can have a dig at them all you want. Just do it on your Facebook page or in the diary you keep under your pillow. The forums are there for constructive discussion, and when people try to "take a dig" at the devs it derails the thread.

But you mean to tell me that you have never felt the urge to take a 'dig' at one of the moderators when they post rediculous things?
    Ridiculous as in factual statements? Sorry you thought you were being clever and got hit on the nose for it, but the wow community can do well without your type of juvenile antics.

10+ Year Old Account
    /sigh

You all are so uptight that it's starting to give me gas. I bid everyone that I have annoyed today goodnight and to enjoy a thread that should have been dead 5 minutes after I had posted it! :P