Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    In my experience, warlocks are one of the classes I have no problems killing off. It's almost as if shadow priests are the counter class to locks.

But I will agree that our dot protection is really bad at the moment.

Personally I think that all of our dots should have an effect if removed.

VT - same as it is now.

Pain - Gives us a free shadow orb to spend.

DP - Heals us for a bit.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Deleted
    If they lock out your shadow school, use your wand, Spriests been doing it since forever, maybe you should try it.

What a train of thought you have.

10+ Year Old Account
    With dispels you can oom a spriest quicksmart, warlocks have a bit more advantage to get mana back. Nevertheless, a spriest with good timing can make it work...afflic locks...they're boned against a dispelling class.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    If they lock out your shadow school, use your wand, Spriests been doing it since forever, maybe you should try it.
    Except what I said is true, what you said is something you pulled out of your ass.

And you're not taking 15% extra damage, you're losing your 15% damage reduction (slight diff here) and now able to heal yourself - PRETTY DAMN WELL - for a dps spec.
    You're right, it's not 15% more damage taken, it's 17.65% more. Losing a damage reduction is the same thing as taking more damage than you otherwise would. Please think these things through when trying to critique another class.

Sig by Mipeo

Shadow Form is like having resilience built into your spec.

It's pretty awesome

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ligaments View Post
    You're right, it's not 15% more damage taken, it's 17.65% more. Losing a damage reduction is the same thing as taking more damage than you otherwise would. Please think these things through when trying to critique another class.
    I'm not saying it's not, it's the way it was worded. Lets say you're a 0/0/0 spec priest, you then spec into shadow and take shadow form. You are now taking 15% less damage as you are in that form. You are therefore netting a damage reduction, he was stating that you are taking a penalty of jumping out of that form to heal.

I'm stating that no, you're not suffering a penalty, you're merely losing the advantage you had for being in a non-healing form. You may say that's the same, but it's not - if we're to talk about it in numerical perks at 0/0/0 you're at 0, you gain shadow form, you go to +1, you lose shadow form, you're back to 0, you're not in the negative.

I could argue the same that if I wish to swap armours around (Fel & Demon), one gives me more armour and higher healing throughput but I don't feel that I'm penalising myself for going with Fel armor.

& Lohe, you must've had the easiest ride in arena if you are encountering people as bad enough in cataclysm to go for interrupting searing pain. Fel Flame is instant and hits as hard.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm stating that no, you're not suffering a penalty, you're merely losing the advantage you had for being in a non-healing form. You may say that's the same, but it's not - if we're to talk about it in numerical perks at 0/0/0 you're at 0, you gain shadow form, you go to +1, you lose shadow form, you're back to 0, you're not in the negative.
    Losing an advantage and incurring a penalty is the same thing.
    Welcome to the English language.

& Lohe, you must've had the easiest ride in arena if you are encountering people as bad enough in cataclysm to go for interrupting searing pain. Fel Flame is instant and hits as hard.
    Good luck Fel Flaming when your shadow school is locked.
    Last edited by Siri; 2011-04-16 at 09:47 AM.

I'm not saying it's not, it's the way it was worded. Lets say you're a 0/0/0 spec priest, you then spec into shadow and take shadow form. You are now taking 15% less damage as you are in that form. You are therefore netting a damage reduction, he was stating that you are taking a penalty of jumping out of that form to heal.

Following your attempt at logic you wouldn't mind if Soul Link was removed from the game. You would not be taking extra damage, you are taking the same amount of damage you should be, right?

I could argue the same that if I wish to swap armours around (Fel & Demon), one gives me more armour and higher healing throughput but I don't feel that I'm penalising myself for going with Fel armor.
    Not even close to the same thing. They are never going to be able to lock you out of using the Armor spell you already have applied to yourself, and swapping between them is entirely your own choice.

You should at least figure out the basics of your own class before you start posting in threads about classes you know even less about and telling them they are wrong.

Now pay attention, you may learn something.
    I pointed out you can use Searing Flame when locked out of Shadow, and you don't take extra damage.
    You suggested Fel Flame. Which is Shadow. Which you are locked out of.
    And the beat part of your example? Even if you were actually right, it would be *another* spell you could use when locked out of Shadow, and not take any extra damage.

Now please stop posting, you are making the entire Warlock community look bad by association. This thread is about the Vampiric Touch Dispel penalty not being a penalty, not your need to show everyone your lack of understanding.

Back on topic, I like Direshadow's idea of Dispelling Devouring Plague healing us for a bit, it would at least mean that the person spamming Dispel might need to pay a little attention. Mostly considering the cost of all of our DoTs I would like if they brought back something like the old Shadow Affinity where some mana is returned when your DoTs are dispelled.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-04-17 at 03:25 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Back on topic, I like Direshadow's idea of Dispelling Devouring Plague healing us for a bit, it would at least mean that the person spamming Dispel might need to pay a little attention. Mostly considering the cost of all of our DoTs I would like if they brought back something like the old Shadow Affinity where some mana is returned when your DoTs are dispelled.
    Well Devouring plague is a disease so even then only Paladins and other priests can cure it, and being it's our weakest DoT, they would be better off dispelling magics instead. Nice idea though, I would like our self-healing power back.
    I treat forum trolls like the Black Knight in monty python. Idiots who don't know when to fall over and die. Despite me chopping up every bit of your terrible argument you still think you are right, but i get the satisfacion of kicking a limbless idiot where he deserves to be.