Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why male and female demons now?

First time posting and i must say this pushed me to doing it. Its been a while but i believe locks didnt get a new demon with cata because "we didnt have the budget and it would mean having to leave something else out of the game". Dont see how it would not be in the budget but ok ill go with it. I just dont see why now they can remake all the demons. I dont really know what goes into it but i think just making one demon and a few spells would be alot cheaper than 5 new skins.

other posts. read them.

blizz likes to please the ladies

Deleted
    to be honest i think locks have enough pets atm anyway, all of our pets specialize in different areas and the changes to infernals and doomguard were enough to satisfy me throughout this expansion. new skins for our pets is kind of a fresh invigorating way of looking at them, sure its just something cosmetic. but to be honest personally for me i don't see the need to introduce more pets into the game nor do i see the benefit of having another choice to make when we now have to keep up with more precise rotations/priorities whilst dpsing. Look at it this way:

Felguard - (Demo) great for aoe, especially for boss fights such as maloriak.
    Succubus - (Demo) Lash of pain works really well for single target DPS.
    Felhunter - (Affli) Applies an int which makes up for having no mages - Also interrupts casters.
    Imp - (Destro) Provides great buffs to destro dps with empowered imp etc also makes up when for when no priest is in the group by providing stam buffs
    Voidwalker - Good for nothing big blue clown - this is probs the least used pet, personally i use it when soloing old dungeons etc anything more is stupid.

If you wish for a new pet why not just redesign the big blue clown we have, its not really used for anything bar some pvp when you want a shield even so it doesnt provide the cc that a succubus does or the interrupts that a felhunter does. We really don't need another useless pet to sit there unused.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chief potato picker View Post
    Voidwalker - Good for nothing big blue clown
    In his defence he's a tank. You don't need him unless you need him to tank something.

Quote Originally Posted by goofisalock View Post
    but i think just making one demon and a few spells would be alot cheaper than 5 new skins.
    I would expect that a few graphical changes, however elaborate, that affect nothing but appearance would be a lot cheaper than having people to decide what role a new demon would fill, deciding on the spells it would use, balancing the numbers around the warlock, the other demons, and other players, reworking some or all of the talent trees to give the new one a place when there's already a "primary demon", so to speak, for each tree... and ofc deciding which demon model to use but that would be the least of their problems.
    Last edited by mmocec303aaab8; 2011-04-15 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Added a quote for my reply to the OP

Quote Originally Posted by Charith View Post
    In his defence he's a tank. You don't need him unless you need him to tank something.
    He's a tank that couldn't get aggro even if I died in combat!

Wait... he IS a tank then!

Deleted
    Well it is already halfway through april, summer is coming, the dreary time when people stop playing and realize there is a world outside.
    Going by the numbers, warlocks are not that well represented anyway and might be in need of some love.

I have no idea what the costs are for redesigning the demons but they cannot be more than peanuts compared to the record profits the company makes time and time again.

Still a strange announcement if you ask me. Reworking the models, ok why not. it is not like there is anything more meaningful to do for their graphic guys... but gender specific versions on top of that?? Maybe to please the hello critty crowd, I dont know and for some reason I care less every day.

If you sit down and think about how much money they will be making from the new lion flying mount being available from the blizzard store soon, I think you will understand how they can do this.

I get having both sexes for the succubus, but what would a female voidwalker look like? Or a felguard? Felhunters? He did say all warlock pets

I'm all for more choices, and i'm glad they're doing this, im just curious as to how they'll turn out.
    Last edited by Jhaalu; 2011-04-16 at 04:25 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait for my warlock to have a PINK voidwalker going to be amazing

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should just rename the voidwalker to blueberry

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaalu View Post
    I get having both sexes for the succubus, but what would a female voidwalker look like?
    The voidwalker keeps the same voice as live, but has a pretty pink bow wrapped around his her head.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

It's a decent way to throw a bone to the gay community, gives them something to point to and say "yes we are doing things for you"

PS: Oh god, no pun intended
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    It's a decent way to throw a bone to the gay community, gives them something to point to and say "yes we are doing things for you"
    That's a little harsh. Like... really. Ouch.

And for the record: People with boobs were asking for an Incubus longer than the LGBT community. Just throwing that out there.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    so there's gonna be a male succubus?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    That's a little harsh. Like... really. Ouch.

And for the record: People with boobs were asking for an Incubus longer than the LGBT community. Just throwing that out there.
    Meh, I wouldn't think so but it seems they were trying to make a point by announcing it in the thread they did. It's just PR bs, but blizzard's been doing a lot of that lately. If I'm being harsh towards anyone, it's blizzard, not the players.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the next playable races are going to be Burning Legion refugees. The Shivarra or Shivan and Sayaad. Blizzard is preparing us for the sexually-dimorphic Twisting Nether influx.

Also, as another point, this ISN'T happening "now." "We are looking into possible solutions from our art team," is not "We are working hard on this."

People obsessing about their demon's gender reminded me of this strip:

15+ Year Old Account
    Creating a new demon means work for class balancing team. Creating new artwork has NOTHING to do with class balance, or adding spells, or anything for that matter.

Except the boomkin models. But I'm fairly certain they have a list of priorities, and were simply stating that this is "on the list" not that it's at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Eis View Post
    Creating a new demon means work for class balancing team. Creating new artwork has NOTHING to do with class balance, or adding spells, or anything for that matter.

Except the boomkin models. But I'm fairly certain they have a list of priorities, and were simply stating that this is "on the list" not that it's at the top.
    Given the fits it gives them when people see something as a promise when it's not worded at all like one, I highly doubt they'd say this without already being committed to make it happen. Of course, the timetable is unknown, yes, but that's a given.