Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    love it, love everything about it

  2. #42
    nothing makes me turn over the radio station quicker than this atm.

    awful and irritating (and no I'm not a gaga hater just this song is awful).

  3. #43
    Epic! crackleslap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    1,624
    I absolutely fucking love LADY FUCKING GAGA. As Semi-Precious-Weapons would say. If you went to the monster ball tour you would know =]

    OT: I fucking love the Song Judas and Born this way and pretty much every song of hers and film clips. Damn shes just amazing.

  4. #44
    Banned Rageissues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corvallis, OR
    Posts
    1,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    I just want the whole album already
    I know! I bought the deluxe edition online and it is supposed to arrive the day the album is released. Gonna have do a lot of homework during the weekend, 'cause there's no way I'm going to any of my classes that day!

  5. #45
    I heard "Judas song coming out at Easter" and shook my head. Is it even about THAT Judas? Is it about religion at all and if so what do you think of the timing?

  6. #46
    Smile! Migari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    u ma xoxo L O V E
    Posts
    5,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    I know! I bought the deluxe edition online and it is supposed to arrive the day the album is released. Gonna have do a lot of homework during the weekend, 'cause there's no way I'm going to any of my classes that day!
    Hehe

    I will just listen to it on Spotify while sitting outside in the sun! <33

    I'd like to boil down to a choice, not a rehash

  7. #47
    Banned Rageissues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corvallis, OR
    Posts
    1,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Druxray View Post
    I heard "Judas song coming out at Easter" and shook my head. Is it even about THAT Judas? Is it about religion at all and if so what do you think of the timing?
    The song itself was originally planned to come out on the 19th, but was released early because it was leaked on the internet. The video, also, had no fixed release date and neither Lady Gaga or her record company ever alluded to an Easter release for it. It was a rumor created by idk who, but for some reason flocks of the uninformed (IE Fox News, may they all be destroyed) were certain that it was to be released on Easter, and thought it a good idea to make a story about its Easter release and how horribly difficult it was to decipher what the song was about.

    To answer your question, no, the song is not about how Lady Gaga worships Judas. It is all a metaphor. Judas in the song is a person whom she loves, yet is unfaithful to her, but she can't stop loving him for whatever reason.

    To stop some before they start, her labeling this person as her Judas is not an attempt to label herself as Jesus. The person is A betrayer, not THE betrayer. In addition, in the line "Jesus is my virtue, but Judas is the Demon I cling to," if she was considering herself Jesus, it would make no sense for her to say "I am my own virtue."

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    The song itself was originally planned to come out on the 19th, but was released early because it was leaked on the internet. The video, also, had no fixed release date and neither Lady Gaga or her record company ever alluded to an Easter release for it. It was a rumor created by idk who, but for some reason flocks of the uninformed (IE Fox News, may they all be destroyed) were certain that it was to be released on Easter, and thought it a good idea to make a story about its Easter release and how horribly difficult it was to decipher what the song was about.

    To answer your question, no, the song is not about how Lady Gaga worships Judas. It is all a metaphor. Judas in the song is a person whom she loves, yet is unfaithful to her, but she can't stop loving him for whatever reason.

    To stop some before they start, her labeling this person as her Judas is not an attempt to label herself as Jesus. The person is A betrayer, not THE betrayer. In addition, in the line "Jesus is my virtue, but Judas is the Demon I cling to," if she was considering herself Jesus, it would make no sense for her to say "I am my own virtue."
    I'm not sure I believe in coincidences most of the time but it just might be since I doubt she really planned when to release her album and singles based around particular events but who knows. About the song it does not seem really that offensive and done in slightly different way and done by a christian artist it might be welcomed. I always enjoy hearing peoples interpretations of Judas since I was raised Christian and he was scapegoated and hated for no good reason. Jesus and god didn't hold it against him and I thought of Judas and Peter as being a symbol for everyone who sins that they deny and sell out their christ for personal gain but others didn't interpret the story in that way. So far a song about social issues, religion, and people are mentioning one on politics maybe next. Lady GaGa seems to make it too easy for pop journalists to worship or crucify her which I'm sure is the whole idea.

  9. #49
    Banned Rageissues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corvallis, OR
    Posts
    1,708
    Yeah I have no doubt that the lyrics of this song were meant for more than just a powerful metaphor, but also to stir up shit so that her name would be talked about even more than it was before. For every person or story talking about how appalling Lady Gaga's new song Judas is, there will be even more people clicking on her youtube channel to watch this aforementioned abomination... and perhaps some of those people will say, "Hey! I really like this song! I'm gonna listen to some of her other stuff while I'm here!" Through this negative press, she gains fans, popularity, and of course, money.

  10. #50
    Judas is much better than Born This Way... Just being honest.

  11. #51
    I'm not a Gaga fan, I think his music sucks.

    The fact this was "conveniently" released around Easter just made me despise it even more.

    We get it, you respect nothing but your own fame, you whorish Madonna rip-off.

  12. #52
    Banned Rageissues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corvallis, OR
    Posts
    1,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosva View Post
    Judas is much better than Born This Way... Just being honest.
    Could not agree more. In my opinion, BTW was originally so popular just because of the artist it was released by. The song itself was not that good :P

  13. #53
    Smile! Migari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    u ma xoxo L O V E
    Posts
    5,533


    Nothing much yet but tomorrow there will be

    I'd like to boil down to a choice, not a rehash

  14. #54
    Banned Rageissues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corvallis, OR
    Posts
    1,708
    Is it just me, or is she NOT wearing those God-awful face spikes!?!? Oh please let it be true!

    Edit: Just watched Gagavision 44, and it may just be me, but I think that at a part of it the spikes were smaller. Could they be progressively going away as the album advances? I can hope anyway :P

    Oh and here is a pieced together snippet of (so I think...) Electric Chapel (from Gagavision 44). Mind you that this is by no means an official release, but merely a window through which you may be able to kind of sort of figure out what the song will sound like. Either way, it gave me a gagasm.



    (sorry that neither this post, nor its numerous edits had anything to do with Judas... I'd just rather keep this thread rolling while the hater level is at a minimum rather than bump the troll bait that is the other two Gaga threads from last summer-winter :P)
    Last edited by Rageissues; 2011-04-28 at 08:58 AM.

  15. #55
    Smile! Migari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    u ma xoxo L O V E
    Posts
    5,533
    That´s fine Rageissues, we don´t have any official Gaga thread so

    And yey, that sounds great!

    --------



    Lady Gaga on Ellen.
    Last edited by Migari; 2011-04-28 at 04:59 PM.

    I'd like to boil down to a choice, not a rehash

  16. #56
    Over 9000! ElyPop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Chelmsford, Essex.
    Posts
    9,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    Is it just me, or is she NOT wearing those God-awful face spikes!?!? Oh please let it be true!
    She only seems to be using the forehead spikes, which also appear to be smaller.

    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    Lady Gaga on Ellen.
    It's amazing how so many can relate to her. Mother Monster was crying.


    Also:


    Anyone who says that's lip-syncing is stupid. She's singing over a running version of the song. Funnily enough, I like that she has a timing error at the start. Shows that she's still human. This performance definetly took a lot out of her, as she sounds really strained towards the end.

    Definetly entertaining, though.

  17. #57
    Banned Rageissues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corvallis, OR
    Posts
    1,708


    Get it before the copyrights do!

    She looked so hot in both the interview and performance! Screw all this talk about how old gaga needs to come back, she's been here all along!

    Edit: whoops, now we have two... well maybe one will get blocked while the other stays :P

  18. #58
    Over 9000! ElyPop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Chelmsford, Essex.
    Posts
    9,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    Edit: whoops, now we have two... well maybe one will get blocked while the other stays :P
    Pfft.

    Also, the Judas video is out next week!

  19. #59
    Smile! Migari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    u ma xoxo L O V E
    Posts
    5,533
    Yey! God I love her so much.

    I wish I could´ve been in the audience

    I'd like to boil down to a choice, not a rehash

  20. #60
    Banned Rageissues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corvallis, OR
    Posts
    1,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    Pfft.

    Also, the Judas video is out next week!
    From what I've read about it, it's gonna be quite interesting to say the least. I can taste the tears of the overly-religious already.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •