Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This thread hasn't seen any activity in a couple of days. So, some random ass news!

PETA slammed Gaga (w00t!):

"Dear Gaga," the letter from PETA senior vice president Dan Matthews reads, "many of your gay fans, I among them, have long admired what you told Ellen [DeGeneres]: 'I hate fur, and I don't wear fur.' I included a link because these recent photos of you in fox and rabbit and with a wolf carcass make it appear that you have amnesia. I'm also including a brief video hosted by Tim Gunn showing the violent cruelty that you promote when you wear fur.

"What happened? Are your stylists telling you that it's fake, or are you a turncoat? Many gays are animal advocates because we recognize that the same arrogance and indifference that some have toward animal suffering has at times been directed toward us personally because of our orientation. PETA has long participated in Pride events around the country, and just last week, we helped lead protests against Chick-fil-A. But by wearing those dumb furs in a heat wave, you're making yourself a target just like the mindless Kim Kardashian. As we plan our fall campaigns, please tell us whether what you gracefully told Ellen was heartfelt or just a pose."
    Source: http://fashionetc.com/news/fashion/6...-lady-gaga-fur

And Gaga's awesome comeback:
    To the fans. i want you to know that I care deeply about your feelings and views, and I will always support your philosophies about life. We've been having over-arching conversations about society, equality, and politics for the past five years, and we should continue. I do not however support violent, abusive, and childish campaigns for ANY CAUSE. Particularly one that I respect. "Animal Rights." I am choosing not to comment on whether or not the furs I purchase are faux fur-pile or real because I would think it hypocritical not to acknowledge the python, ostrich, cow hide, leather, lamb, alligator, "kermit" and not to mention meat, that I have already worn. This should already put me in a category as one who appreciates and adores the beauty of animals in fashion, but am not a strict vegan. I have truly always stayed away from skinned fur, especially i have never been able to afford a nice one, but this does not mean my morals are rigid and that I won't bend at the sight of an absolute art piece of a coat. I have no chains about this. You see a carcass, I see a museum pièce de résistance. But I am truly sorry to fans who are upset by this, its a fair and applaudable feeling about the health and safety of animals. I respect your views, please respect mine.

And to campaigners, Save your flour to make bread for the children who are hungry. And Kim Kardashian is fabulous.
    Source: http://littlemonsters.com/text/502c1e67f35c0c5d3d00185c

*Applauds.*
    (Would have posted this but I fear the infraction.)

Deleted
    Oh my god, that last line, she has the best humour.

I loathe PETA, however I am a strong defender of animal rights, and I really do not like fur as clothing because of how the fur most likely was acquired. It's absolutely her choice to wear it because it looked great, but that does not, in any way, make up for the slight double morals she is presenting. Meat can easily be produced by "humane" ways of keeping cows and slaughtering them. I am actually not so sure about leather, I imagine some places do it better than others, but I only know a few brands who get their fur from proper animal-farms.

You can't excuse everything with fashion, and it's pretty hypocritical if she thinks so. And she can't really expect people to respect her views, we can accept them, but that's not the same as respecting them.

Not to make a big fuss out of it, other artists have done much worse than wear fur, so she's still OK in my book As long as she isn't promoting fur in her songs, I really don't care.
    Last edited by mmoc8b7a14d456; 2012-08-16 at 02:58 PM.

so , has anyone watched the trailer for the "Fame" perfume commercial.
    Waiting for the 3 mnts full vid, probably comming out next week. :L

Quote Originally Posted by Javi-Grey View Post
    so , has anyone watched the trailer for the "Fame" perfume commercial.
    I was just about to post it.

I honestly cannot wait for the full thing. The Schiesse video. It was also produced by Ridley Scott, which makes it much more awesome.

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 11:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ForsakenFrodo View Post
    Oh my god, that last line, she has the best humour.

I loathe PETA, however I am a strong defender of animal rights, and I really do not like fur as clothing because of how the fur most likely was acquired. It's absolutely her choice to wear it because it looked great, but that does not, in any way, make up for the slight double morals she is presenting. Meat can easily be produced by "humane" ways of keeping cows and slaughtering them. I am actually not so sure about leather, I imagine some places do it better than others, but I only know a few brands who get their fur from proper animal-farms.

You can't excuse everything with fashion, and it's pretty hypocritical if she thinks so. And she can't really expect people to respect her views, we can accept them, but that's not the same as respecting them.

Not to make a big fuss out of it, other artists have done much worse than wear fur, so she's still OK in my book As long as she isn't promoting fur in her songs, I really don't care.
    Oh, and what she wore was fake/faux fur. She was just airing her views on the whole debacle.

I loathe PETA
    I loathe them and any other group that obsesses over their personal beliefs to an unhealthy and annoying degree. PETA, GLAAD, DARE, KKK, Black Panthers, Jehovah's Witnesses, you name it... they all annoy me.

I think it's fine to have empathy towards animals, or the gay community, or to be against drug abuse, or to be a religiously devoted person, or whatever.... (Except KKK and Panthers are not fine, racist scumbags) but these people take it to annoying levels.

Speaking of which, I wonder why there doesn't seem to be an organization devoted to spreading the word about ending racism, that'd be a good one. Gaga seems to have quite a bit of influence and power, she should make a song that touches the subject of not being a racist. I mean yes she mentions it in Born This Way but it would be good if she made a song entirely devoted to anti-racism, don't you think? I think she actually reaches people with her messages.

Random Side Note : If the world actually ends in 2012, then we never get to hear ARTPOP since it's scheduled for 2013. Hopefully that whole things a crock though.
    Last edited by WaitingforMoP; 2012-08-16 at 10:45 PM.

From GagaDaily (Source):
    @ladygaga
    FAME The Campaign Film by the amazing STEVEN KLEIN will be Released on SEPT 13th at the GUGGENHEIM
    The television version of the 'FAME' ad has already been released, and will begin airing soon. The fragrance, along with the VOGUE cover, hit shelves next week. She will be returning to the US between her European tour to celebrate the perfume's release, with a massive launch party planned on September 12th.

September will be a big month for the singer, who is due to release North American tour dates and drop a collaboration single with label-mate Kendrick Lamar (Sept. 6) as well.
    The TV version is the trailer that we've already seen.

Have you guys smelled/ bought FAME yet? I love it! Its a very dark scent, but has a florally/sweet scent to it. On me its very floral and I love it! The lady said I was the first to buy FAME at that Macy's
    Clarity & Stache

i pre-order it and went to pick it up the day it came out , didnt use it till yesterday my first day of school.
    smelling like an expensive hooker tbh ~!

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't been following much Lady Gaga news recently, but reading about the new album is making me excited again. I feel like a commercial and care-free album is exactly what she needs for both her image and the longevity of her career. Like I said a good while back, I think that she made BTW the way that she did because she had the following necessary for her message to be heard and respected by millions. While BTW still made a good attempt at combining serious messages with pop music, it fell short of mass commercial popularity as a result of being too different than what society was ready to accept with open arms. Now that her message has been heard, she now is free to go back to what most of her fans originally fell in love with, that being light-hearted music with catchy instrumentals and lyrics. I can't wait for the old Gaga (or at least something close to the old Gaga) release the next Bad Romance/Poker Face.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/9/6/329...tpop-album-app

Latest Gaga album to be released as an iOS app as well. I gotta say, that's pretty goddamn awesome. Not only is it a medium she can communicate to her fans with, but it's also a great way to appreciate that style of music even more (with interactive visuals).

Is it me or did lady gaga just disappear from the news all of a sudden? I remember during her pokerface days she was super popular, now I never hear her anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    http://www.theverge.com/2012/9/6/329...tpop-album-app

Latest Gaga album to be released as an iOS app as well. I gotta say, that's pretty goddamn awesome. Not only is it a medium she can communicate to her fans with, but it's also a great way to appreciate that style of music even more (with interactive visuals).
    Revolutionising the music industry. Yep. :3

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Is it me or did lady gaga just disappear from the news all of a sudden? I remember during her pokerface days she was super popular, now I never hear her anymore.
    She hasn't released a single since last year + she's touring + she's supposedly on a media hiatus (I think she's only done one interview this year?). She's just avoiding the press in general.

Don't worry though, she'll be back with a bang at the start of next year/end of this year with her new album, ARTPOP, and its predecessor singles.

i like lady gaga

Is it me or does Jaina look like Lady Gaga in here? its awesome
    oh and btw, gaga has gained some weight recently lol, wonder if she is trying to be like Adele for the new era.
    j/k lol

Apparently, she tried some dodgy diet which caused her to gain a few pounds.

Anyways, ARTPOP update:
    It's not likely we'll be seeing a single before Christmas at the very least since she wants her fresh new sound to be fresh with a new year, or something.
    Source: http://gagadaily.com/index.php?showtopic=30445

But good news!
    Her collab with Kendrick should be out sometime in October (although, she doesn't feature too much, but still does backing vocals).
    Some reviews (and they're all positive!): http://gagadaily.com/index.php?showtopic=30562

Also, it seems no one posted the full FAME video!

A bit of a let down since it wasn't that Schiesse music video, but cool nonetheless!

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...ether-20120928

"Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett Plan Jazz Album Together."

Just leaving this here.

Deleted
    If it's going to have the same flair that The Lady is a Tramp did, that will be a great album!
    No news on anything related to ARTPOP yet?

No news on anything related to ARTPOP yet?
    Nope. We're not getting any ARTPOP before Christmas, at the very least. :/

http://soundcloud.com/ladygagashaus/...-stache-edit-2

Supposed ARTPOP leak. Or a remix of one of the songs from the album. Behold.. Stache.

Edit: Awshit. Tara (Gaga's makeup artist and bff) just tweeted that it's just a random song that Gaga made recently. It won't be on ARTPOP. But it's a snippet of what's to come.

"Stache won't be on Artpop- gaga just made it for fun- enjoy the appetizers and get excited for the main course xoxo" - https://twitter.com/TaraSavelo/statu...91405291728897
    Last edited by ELYPOP; 2012-10-06 at 09:27 PM.