Poll: how you respond to have a nice day?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

how do YOU respond to "have a good day"?

i have always wondered, what is the correct way to respond to this? its basically another way of saying goodbye and generally when someone says it, i respond with "you too" or "right back atcha"

but just recently i said that in response and the person got offended that i did not thank them for them wishing me a good day. this honestly confused me seeing as how i told them that i wish the same (which in my opinion, is above and beyond a simple "thanks" because it basically is communicating that i care about their day as well).

so thus the question, how do YOU respond to that? am i missing something? is my response socially incorrect?

i dont generally work with people so im not heavily experienced in this area but this is the first time anyone has ever reacted like this.
    Last edited by fapjackmasta; 2011-04-15 at 11:06 PM.

----------------------------------------
    you are now consciously breathing
    ----------------------------------------

i always just say "you too" if they don't like it to bad

If you're looking to recapture nostalgia.. It's not going to happen.

"You too!" is an implied thank you, so I always go for that one.

Oops... Sorry misread.

"You too." all the way!

Deleted
    Combination of 1 and 2: "Thank you, you too"

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's morning, this

Deleted
    You too

You too mate

I say "You as well, thank you"

"Thanks" with a fat smile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier10101
    Yep, humans went around in those days casting balls of nature and stars at each other, and healing each other on the battlefield with thrown leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Yeah, I actually have a pet peeve and I find it rude when I say "Have a nice day" and the other person just says "Thanks." It's silly and petty, yes. But I just find it self centered when people don't return the pleasantry.

Usually I'll say "thanks, you too."

But some good responses for irl trolling:

"why?"
    "too late"
    "make me"

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropes View Post
    Yeah, I actually have a pet peeve and I find it rude when I say "Have a nice day" and the other person just says "Thanks." It's silly and petty, yes. But I just find it self centered when people don't return the pleasantry.
    Don't ever work in food or retail, then. It happens literally a million times a day.

You too, or same to you is how I respond.

I say "Thanks, you too."

I work a drugstore so when people buy stuff, I normally say "Have a good Day/Night" and I normally get a "You too." It annoys me when people don't say anything back. Thanks is fine, but seems a tad rude to me, I don't know I guess.
    Stream: Gurkalicious

I say: "Thanks, you too!" - I worked at my father's grocery store for close to 6 years as a teenager, so I got into the habit of asking "How are you doing?" and saying "Have a good day/night", as well as having it said to me, and that was always my response.