Heroic Chimaeron 25 question.

Sup everybody. Just got Heroic Halfus last night and we are going to do chimaeron next. Question about him. When he enrages sub 20% does mocking shadows damage increase as well? When we FIRST killed chimaeron we hit the enrage timer in the sub 20% phase but it literally made no difference at all because of finkles mixture. If the enrage doesn't increase mocking shadows damage, then in reality you have 7 minutes to burn him 80%, not 100%. If it DOES, then mocking shadows will 2-3 shot everybody :<.

Mocking shadows is cast by Nefarian -- the boss enraging should have no effect on it. What enraging does have an effect on is how long your tanks survive, which can be quite a long time at regular damage levels/speeds. Remember that a berserked boss attacks much faster.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Mocking Shadows damage is pathetic so long as you get people topped off before the enrage. Even at half health any class can survive for upwards of a minute. The thing that'll make a smooth kill is to keep at least one cooldown for the current tank to get him into a corner. Your other tank should run as far as possible to give Chim as much distance to travel as possible.

Kills can be determined by how long your tanks can survive.

However.

Once Chim enrages he will start killing people in rapid succession, and since you no longer have the damage buff once he enrages, you might want to talk to your dps if you still hit the enrage timer on normal.

O i wouldn't worry so much about the enrage timer, as the RNG involved in this fight tbh.

Between tanks getting absolutely hammered out of nothing to having very very short period's between feuds and your top dps getting chain slimed.
    It's an interesting fight, if you put it that way.

But if you hit enrage on normal mode, you don't seem to have the dps for it tbh.
    I would start to phrase all attempts, and look at the bottom ones, and see if they're consistently at the bottom.

P.S there have been reports that fire mages are particulary vurnable to caustic slime debuff, due to some faulty dot hit and miss mechanic

I can attest to that. If I was lucky and didn't get a single slime I was up in the top 5 in damage, which was maybe once during our progression. Normally our fire mages were towards the bottom of the charts. This is just not a fight we do well in, although in phase 2, we do quite well, so I guess it's a give and take.

P2 mages can pop MI and then invis as the MI fade and basically just stand and cast with out having to worry much about agro.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Enrage is still brutal due to the attack speed increase. He'll start killing people extremely quickly.

With mocking shadows, Finkle's Mixture might as well not exist. When you hit 1 health, you will die within the second to Mocking Shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksen View Post
    The Enrage is still brutal due to the attack speed increase. He'll start killing people extremely quickly.

With mocking shadows, Finkle's Mixture might as well not exist. When you hit 1 health, you will die within the second to Mocking Shadows.
    Mocking Shadows is unaffected by Finkle's Mixture because obviously it hits for 2k each time, so you'll be below 10k when it's time for it to kill you.