Poll: Best CoD Game?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Cod and Cod: United Offensive

I mostly played singleplayer (with very very rarely multiplayer) , but damn did I tear that singleplayer to shreds.

CoD 4 :MW, IMO. I've replayed it many times, including a good portion of it on veteran. But the missions are diverse, the stealth sniper mission in that is the most awesome level I've ever played in any FPS. Second place for me would be Call of Duty 2, definetely the best ww2 FPS game I've played.

I absolutely loved CoD 2's campaign, which is why I voted for it. However, when it comes to multiplayer, I'd have to go with CoD 4.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Voted for WaW because it seemed to me to have the best player base when I played it.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post
    Anything created by Treyarch can't be considered "good"
    Since when could people not have an opinion?

Deleted
    CoD 4 by lightyears

Mw2 basically good with the exception of a few perks that need to be changed but no dedicated servers = no go -> this game sucks
    black ops a total fail at all, its a typical treyarch game, badly developed favoring run and gun spray people and they are greedy as hell as they promised mod tools at release and now after 7 months and one dlc (5 maps 15 $) they are still not there.

10+ Year Old Account
    CoD 3. The campaign blew... that I can admit to. However, the online was incredible. Zero lag. Both Americans and Germans had their OP and medium strength weapons. The mauser was incredible because you could one shot people with a medium range chest shot... and the BAR was incredible because it shot on a rope across the map and killed you in 2 hits. Absolutely loved that game.

New CoD online: Nothing but perk kills and getting shot in the back. The lag was so god-awful terrible that when you use a fully auto weapon, half of the bullets disappear from the lag. You unload 8 bullets into them point blank... but then when they kill you, the kill cam just has you there standing there with your thumb up your ass. No thanks. I'll take a game that gives me credit for pulling the trigger.

10+ Year Old Account
    CoD 1 + Expansion and CoD 2.

Modern Warfare was "meh", MW2 was the worst piece of junk I've played in quite a lot of years, and from what I've heard Black Ops is even worse than MW2 so I have no desire to even try it.

Deleted
    A lot of people giving props to COD4 for its multiplayer and campaign. I never really played the online much, found it boring, but that's just because I prefer a more mobile kind of shooter. Did however play through the campaign, what was it about this that seems to have captured so many of you? Granted, the sniper mission was fun, but beyond that I guess I just couldn't get into it.

Sorry for going off topic, its just something I've wondered about for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin118i View Post
    A lot of people giving props to COD4 for its multiplayer and campaign. I never really played the online much, found it boring, but that's just because I prefer a more mobile kind of shooter. Did however play through the campaign, what was it about this that seems to have captured so many of you? Granted, the sniper mission was fun, but beyond that I guess I just couldn't get into it.

Sorry for going off topic, its just something I've wondered about for a while.
    I liked Modern Warfare 1 because, as another person said, was diverse. I am ashamed that I didn't play online but I did play the campaign. You had an AC-130 mission, SAS infiltration mission, Cold War stealth mission, search and rescue mission and my personal favorite the "Don't call me Shirley". There was a lot of intense moments and epic scenes.

That said, it's a toss up between Call of Duty 2 and Modern Warfare 1

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Train Heartnet View Post
    everything after the first Modern Warfare was garbage
    this, this, this, exactly this

Call of Duty, United Offensive, Call of Duty 2, and Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare are the great COD games. The rest can suck my fat one

Black Ops is absolutely the worst abomination to the series, and Activision ruined their relationship with IW so no more MW games sadly.
    Ah, you have some reading/catching up to do

Favorite: MW2, only things they needed to change was removal of commando and danger close..
    Forget about OMA? (specifically, refreshing noob tubes over and over and over and... oh you get the point)
    A lot of balancing issues within MW2.

EDIT: OP - I chose Black Ops. Simply because most everything is pretty balanced. The ultimate COD game that would take the cake would be Infinity Wards game engine (Sound FX, Graphics are amazing) And Treyarch's team of excellent game balancing, and zombies of course 8)
    Last edited by QwertySham; 2011-04-16 at 01:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by QwertySham View Post
    Ah, you have some reading/catching up to do

Forget about OMA? (specifically, refreshing noob tubes over and over and over and... oh you get the point)
    A lot of balancing issues within MW2.

EDIT: OP - I chose Black Ops. Simply because most everything is pretty balanced. The ultimate COD game that would take the cake would be Infinity Wards game engine (Sound FX, Graphics are amazing) And Treyarch's team of excellent game balancing, and zombies of course 8)
    Treyarch is unbelievably biased and their coding is TERRIBLE. (Lag & poor hit detection)

They took out quick scoping because "they didn't like it" then nerfed snipers from OSK without any return just because..

Treyarch is unbelievably biased and their coding is TERRIBLE. (Lag & poor hit detection)

They took out quick scoping because "they didn't like it" then nerfed snipers from OSK without any return just because..
    Lag is lag, as long as there is internet/servers/hosts, there will be lag. Not too much you can do about it.

I do agree with you on the snipers bit. I do think that Sniping in Black Ops is incredibly stupid. I've always put it as, wherever the center of my crosshairs are is where the bullet should go. The SCOPE IS NOT MOVING by itself, the entire gun is. I shouldn't have to breath in for 2-3 seconds for my bullet to go where the center of my crosshairs are - End rant.