[Discussion] Malfurion and Cataclysm

Hi, I don't know if it is the right place to post this, but as I didn't find any "Lore dedicated forums.

So here it goes, I remember to "hear" people expeculating that Malfurion would play a major role in this expansion, and yes he came back from the Emerald Dream as far as I know.. and I really don't know much, so feel free to correct me, as I'll thank for that aswell. Ok, back to the topic.. He's back and people were claiming that he'd be the "main character" of this expansion.. but for now it's Thrall doing the shizzle.. fighting Deathwing at the Maelstrom, going Guardian mode and all the stuff..

So, is Malfurion "waiting" for 4.2 (Firelands) to show-up and fight aside with us against the walking Ragnaros.. or he's just awaken.. and pugging around with his budies?

Let the flaming beggining!

firstly I doubt you'll get much flaming here :P

secondly, I'd bet he's probably discussing how to enter the Firelands with the other leaders in Hyjal, so essentially, he's waiting.

Would be f* awesome to have a f* long quest-chain introducing the Firelands, having us interacting with the "leaders" and such.. now that you speak of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're hoping for flaming you should have posted in general, it's generally more subdued in here.

As for Malf, he's generally focused on defending the Night Elves against things that directly affect them, i.e. he's in Darkshore quite a bit and is protecting the world tree in Hyjal.

I would imagine he'll come into play in Firelands and be there to help us beat Legnaros but after that he'll probably be a minor role. I think of him as being as important as Alexstrazsa was in Wrath.

It makes no sense to me that he would come back as a neutral character - while his wife and lover is the leader of the NE people who are all allied with the alliance. Malfurion was around when Cenarius got mowed down by the orcs. Theres no explanation for his neutrality is there?
    There is a fine line between nature and magic - a fine line I have crossed over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be good to see have him help you in Firelands...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vannarius View Post
    It makes no sense to me that he would come back as a neutral character - while his wife and lover is the leader of the NE people who are all allied with the alliance. Malfurion was around when Cenarius got mowed down by the orcs. Theres no explanation for his neutrality is there?
    To be fair on this one he was sleeping when the Night Elves joined the Alliance and he's always worked to save the world before petty faction arguments before.

I'm certain Malfurion will play a big part in Firelands -- I will be very disappointed if he does not.

As far as the whole "neutral" thing goes, it does make sense to me that he would be neutral. While he was in the dream, he was poisoned by one of the people he trusted most (who happens to be a night elf). Then he wakes up, and the world is shattering. Do you really think that if the world was cracking in two, people would really care about who they socialized with?
    Katarinea of Bleeding Hollow.
    Night elf and proud of it, and a Loremaster both inside the game and out.