10+ Year Old Account

Buying new graphics card, wich 1?

So im gonna buy a new graphics card cause im sick of playing wow on low vid settings... but idk wat to get.

I want to be able to play wow in ultra settings.
    Idont know much about computers but atm i got a Nvidia Geforce g210.

What do you guys think? thanks

Budget?

If price is no option I would grab a Geforce GTX 580.

A new GPU won't give you much more performance, If you want to play wow on Max you need a good CPU not GPU! +8800GT is max for WoW.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    AMD 6950 Reference cards for roughly 250$

Take that card, flash the bios, and wah-laa

You have a 6970 for $100 less

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori View Post
    A new GPU won't give you much more performance, If you want to play wow on Max you need a good CPU not GPU! +8800GT is max for WoW.
    Not quite, before I got my gtx 470 I was using an 8800 gt sc and I saw a huge jump going from that. CPU was/still is unlocked phenom ii 550 (into x4 B50)

i have a GTX 460 and i play on ultra just fine, sustain 60fps with v-sync enabled

Quote Originally Posted by Cleetuss View Post
    i have a GTX 460 and i play on ultra just fine, sustain 60fps with v-sync enabled
    I'd suggest for the OP to get at least a 460, or a 560 if he can as well

Quote Originally Posted by Lori View Post
    Did you see that the OP is using a POS video card right now which is not meant for any gaming? WoW is not that CPU demanding outside of raids (especially 25 mans) and you do need a decent video card in order to get smooth fps at ultra settings. A GTX 460 or 6850 is all you would need to run WoW smoothly on ultra, I would recommend a 6850 since it is usually cheaper and faster than a GTX 460 (1GB).
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

There is no point telling him what card to get until he tells us the rest of the specs of his PC. We don't know what kind of PSU,CPU he has and also the resolution he'll be playing at.

Deleted
    I just went from an 8800 GTX to a 460 GTX, and the difference is quite big. I can now actually interrupt in raids on time because my FPS is fine.

Still have an awful CPU though

Deleted
    I always thought WoW was more CPU demanding than GPU?

We could give you Many ideas on an upgrade over your old card, but without knowing more about the PC inside we cant really help..

Mainly what's the mobo and PSU you are using?