Poll: Would you like a RuneScape type MMORPG?

Thread: RuneScape MMO

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    so you want a game like TES to go online but droping the exp rate and making it more tedious?

srry Bethesda already said they would never do that.

TES PvP would be fun! chaotic, looting the person you kill, loosing everything upon death! but lvling would suck i dont like spending 97% of the game leveling
    "The instinct of self-preservation? You call it that. Yes, i will sink my teeth into life. Fuck your evolution. Let other species wait their turn. I'm not a lamb being led to the slaughter."
    ~Hunter

What is better, to be born good? or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
    ~Paarthurnax
    my attempts at being funny with skyrim

I liked Tibia as a kid, but the gaming community was rubbish...

Quote Originally Posted by Exhume View Post
    it's sounds great.
    but i want to say that Runescape doesn't have crappy graphics. and do you know why? cus its a java based game. and not a game you need to download thats why.

i played Runescape for many years, i had epic times like i went barrowing earning gold for my abbysal whip. doong the ancient magic quest.
    i go online some times if i get bored on WoW.

Still if you would make a game like that i think it would going to be a big grind fest.
    The idea for losing gear to other people when they PK you or you get spanked bij alot of npc.
    it will not attrect o lot of players.
    Browser games aren't so two-dimensional anymore. There is a huge amount of potential in them. By today's standards Runescape is very far behind. In optimization and appearance. However - the look is a bit, I believe unintentionally, stylized giving it longevity.

An okay example would be the Battlestar Galactica Online game. Its an awful game but tens years ago, when Runescape came out, if you had asked someone if something that looked like that was realistically possible in a browser the answer would of been a resounding no.
    Last edited by Yooya; 2011-04-17 at 09:43 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jankes View Post
    Heres an idea: If you die in WoW, delete your gear!
    here's an idea, dont flame!

Besides, how does that help me to get other peoples gear when I kill them? Or help with the risk vs reward thing? (people not wearing their best armor and weapons or risk losing it all)

---------- Post added 2011-04-17 at 09:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yooya View Post
    Browser games aren't so two-dimensional anymore. There is a huge amount of potential in them. By today's standards Runescape is very far behind. In optimization and appearance. However - the look is a bit, I believe unintentionally, stylized giving it longevity.

An okay example would be the Battlestar Galactica Online game. Its an awful game but tens years ago, when Runescape came out, if you had asked someone if something that looked like that was realistically possible in a browser the answer would of been a resounding no.
    Actually it does attract a lot of people, RS is very popular even now, possibly second to WoW if you look at the number of players and thats something. But the age and poor graphics are holding it back a lot.

The bad thing about Runescape is the massive grind it requires. If i were to start playing now, i would need like 2-3 years to reach the levels of my friends(and that would happen only if they stopped playing for that period)

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    So basically you want that which was removed in Cataclysm back.
    I don't understand what you mean. WoW was nothing like RuneScape pre Cataclysm.
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Actually it does attract a lot of people, RS is very popular even now, possibly second to WoW if you look at the number of players and thats something. But the age and poor graphics are holding it back a lot.
    Not once did I call the game unpopular, or even bad for that matter, in any post, I don't see where you are going.

runescape with better graphics and game play would be pretty beast i suppose...