Thread: Bluescreen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaniia View Post
    That is exacly what it says ( But its google translated from Swedish, so might not be 100% correct english )
    Then give the error in Swedish - theres about half a dozen swedes scattered about here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dfarrall View Post
    Hm im afraid i dont know what that means as it doesnt really point to alot in english.
    If you do some googling im sure you could find a way to get it to work.

Either way it points to a ram issue so try just using 1 stick and see if that fixes it, if not try the other stick. If it then works you know its a dodgy ram stick (like the blue screen error suggests) and you can go get some more ram
    Technically, you don't know.
    It might be a driver problem. All kernel mode drivers are well able to mess around with the PFN list, causing stop 0x4e. A buggy driver (they upgraded the hardware) is all it takes. Double free anyone?
    It might be a hardware problem, that's one of the three. It may be the RAM, it may be something more subtle. May be a thermic problem.
    Maybe they caught a rootkit. These may run in kernel mode as well, and generally hook several system calls.

Also, he does not need memcheck, as Windows 7 can do that just fine. They simply have a localized version of it. Have them press Windows+R, type in MdSched and hit Okay. Windows 7's start menu is like WotLK. People don't know where the tools are, anymore.
    Last edited by mmocc24a3db56c; 2011-04-16 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by choww View Post
    Technically, you don't know.
    It might be a driver problem. All kernel mode drivers are well able to mess around with the PFN list, causing stop 0x4e. A buggy driver (they upgraded the hardware) is all it takes. Double free anyone?
    It might be a hardware problem, that's one of the three. It may be the RAM, it may be something more subtle. May be a thermic problem.
    Maybe they caught a rootkit. These may run in kernel mode as well, and generally hook several system calls.

Also, he does not need memcheck, as Windows 7 can do that just fine. They simply have a localized version of it. Have them press Windows+R, type in MdSched and hit Okay. Windows 7's start menu is like WotLK. People don't know where the tools are, anymore.
    I did say that, but he obviously isnt running windows 7 - the BSOD points to ram so first place you should look is ram, them move onto other things.

Deleted
    Actually I have Windows 7 Home Premium :O

Edit: I ran that Memtest, it didn't show any errors, I had all 4 sticks in but it still would have shown errors if there were some?
    Last edited by mmocc5b6c284d6; 2011-04-18 at 02:24 PM.