Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Patch 4.1, 4.2 and when are epic gems coming?

Hello people,
    I just want to know if their has been any talk of Epic gems coming in the next 4.1 or 4.2 patch?
    I try to keep up with all the patch news on the front page, but I might have missed something.
    Also, what is the next patch coming out? 4.1 or 4.2?
    Is 4.1 coming at the end of this month and 4.2 coming in the next couple of months?

I want to know about Epic gems so I can price and sell my Rare gems. Depending on how well they sell, sometimes I get piles of Rare gems and if Epic gems are coming at the end of the month I might start dumping the Rares I have. But if Epics are not coming till 2 or more months away then I will sell my Rares at normal prices/rate.

Like I said, I do my best to keep tabs on the news but I cant find any info regarding epic gems.

Epic gems usually don't hit til the third raid tier afaik.
    So 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    4.1 is likely at the start of May and 4.2 around July or August. As for the gems, I think we got epic gems in WoTLK on our first content patch Ulduar so we should be getting it in 4.1 but not sure.

epic gems came out right as toc was coming out. third tier.

There are unique-equipped epic gems on the PTR:

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=69922

If it's anything like WOTLK, they'll be from fishing dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    Epic gems usually don't hit til the third raid tier afaik.
    So 4.3
    'Cept for those ones that came in 3.2...

10+ Year Old Account

Edit: also if anyone can gift me 30 days of gametime i'd be more than happy, i'm bored atm.
    Do those advertisements work? Sign me up.

Deleted
    4.1 is likely at the start of May and 4.2 around July or August. As for the gems, I think we got epic gems in WoTLK on our first content patch Ulduar so we should be getting it in 4.1 but not sure.

Edit: also if anyone can gift me 30 days of gametime i'd be more than happy, i'm bored atm.
    4.1 isnt a content patch so earliest 4.2 but prolly not unitil 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    Naxx/EoE/Sarth (1), Ulduar (2), TOTC (3).
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.

3.0.2 - first tier
    3.1 - second tier
    3.2 - third tier

3.2 was the third tier...problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjornkatt View Post
    4.1 isnt a content patch
    I was going to correct you, but when I realized it was half-true it made me laugh.

Deleted
    Epic gems will be released in 4.2 same as wotlk.

Epic gems will be released in 4.2 same as wotlk.
    I don't think so - well, we may get unique-equipped epic gems, but not regular epic gems. They'll likely be released in the third tier of raiding, just like they were in wotlk - but since 4.1 is a non-raid patch, it throws the numbers off so that 3.2 =/= 4.2.

Wotlk:

3.0 (first tier) - blue gems only
    3.1 (second tier) - unique-equipped epic gems (Stormjewels) that came from fishing dailies
    3.2 (third tier) - epic gems

Following that pattern, for Catacylsm:

4.0 (first tier) - blue gems
    4.1 (not a tier) - nothing
    4.2 (second tier) - unique-equipped epic gems (Blazejewels) that would likely also come from fishing dailies
    4.3 (third tier?) - epic gems

If 4.3 is another non-raid content patch, then we might not see epic gems until 4.4...whenever the next tier of raiding is.

I don't totally remember what they did in BC, but I believe epic gems were introduced in 2.1, but were unique-equip (like the fishing daily gems in LK)...and it wasn't until 2.3 or 2.4 that the unique-equip condition was finally removed. Not sure how that synced up in terms of raid tiers, but I imagine it was a very similar model to LK, thus making it more probable that Cata will follow the same pattern.

Simply put, the fair bet is that third raiding tier = epic gems.
    Last edited by Trucidor; 2011-04-17 at 01:00 AM.

Well I am thinking we will see them in 4.3, but you never know we might get a suprise and see them in 4.2

4.2 will add epic gems, 4.3 will add legendary gems!

na not rly..

10+ Year Old Account
    No one knows, so everything here is pure speculation. We know for a fact they will not be in 4.1, so you have at the very least 6 more weeks until 4.2, when they could (possibly) go live. More likely is 4.2 comes out some time in June/July and epic gems are in the content patch after that, which would likely be sometime around the holidays I'd guess.

Deleted
    Aye, as everyone has said. Definitely not 4.1. So maybe 4.2 or 4.3.

Gives me time to level up JC and get some money out of it at least before I fall behind again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trucidor View Post
    I don't totally remember what they did in BC, but I believe epic gems were introduced in 2.1, but were unique-equip (like the fishing daily gems in LK)...and it wasn't until 2.3 or 2.4 that the unique-equip condition was finally removed. Not sure how that synced up in terms of raid tiers, but I imagine it was a very similar model to LK, thus making it more probable that Cata will follow the same pattern.

Simply put, the fair bet is that third raiding tier = epic gems.
    In BC, you had unique-equipped epic gems drop from heroic bosses. They were a stat point worse than the 'real' epic gems. Those 'real' epic gems were only available from mining in the Mount Hyjal raid instance - and later on also from BT and Sunwell drops (the joys of attunement quests, eh? ^^)

At some point, the heroic-dungeon epic gems were no longer unique-equipped. So even people who had no awesome raid that killed 2 MH bosses every week had access to the 'smaller' epic gems and could fill their sockets with them if they were persistent enough and had a bit of drop-luck.

I don't remember when the epic gems became available for purchase with justice points. Must have been at some point during Sunwell *scratches head*

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    4.2 will add epic gems, 4.3 will add legendary gems!

na not rly..
    If only....

Deleted
    I hope Blizz adds some rar gems to archa because it needs a revamp.