Thread: Harmless Idea

10+ Year Old Account

Harmless Idea

Everyone was in full rue mode when the portals were removed from Dalaran and Shattrath. Having to level characters through those continents was more than slightly painful at this expense. So I've come up with a very simple solution to rectify player travel issues between these continents for a more streamlined, but not too give-away approach.

Rather than adding portals to the major cities in Dalaran and Shattrath-

Add portals to Dalaran and Shattrath in Stormwind and Orgrimmar.

They're already the intentionally new portal hubs. Players already camp SW and Org more than they ever camped Dal. There's plenty of space to squeeze in a portal to each of the cities, if not by the portal rings, then in the vicinity of the portals to the Blasted Lands.

This makes it easier for leveling players. It does not distract from the main hubs. And it will facilitate travel just enough for people to TRAVEL more rather than camp cities quite so much. I think it could be a nice balance between "grounded" and "go anywhere in WoW at the touch of a hearth".
    Last edited by Callace; 2011-04-16 at 03:03 PM.

This would make sense I guess, but it just seems, uh rather pointless at this stage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prez- View Post
    This would make sense I guess, but it just seems, uh rather pointless at this stage.
    People are still leveling characters, I think.

---------- Post added 2011-04-16 at 04:22 PM ----------

Yeah, it's only a very minor change really... That's why I thought Blizzard would go for it. They seem to be into really minor additions as of late...
    Last edited by Callace; 2011-04-16 at 04:22 PM.