10+ Year Old Account

Idea: Multi-Profession crafted attack/defense structures.

I think it's a cool idea to bring professions to the next level. I think World of Warcraft is ready for multi-profession crafted structures and stuff that can be used in raids or battlegrounds.

My idea on how this could work.

Player 1 uses his/her "Request building" skill, obtained at level 85 (or higher) at your craft-profession trainer, when he/she is within a raid dungeon or battleground. These "Request building" skill requires 2, 3 or 4 players (include player 1) with high enough profession level to complete the building.
    The following happens now. Player 1 starts channeling for 30 seconds. A sphere, like the Arcane Explosion, will show that player 1 is channeling. Within 30 seconds other players have to respond and join the channeling before these 30 seconds are over. When a player joins channeling the time resets to 30 seconds until all places are filled. Each proffession however needs a 5 second prepare-time. The prepare-time starts when you enter the sphere of Player 1 and keep standing still. If you move, the channeling stops for you and the other players have to wait.

Example of how it could like ingame.

When all prepare-times are done. it's automatically time for the construction-proces. When it starts it asks for a couple materials to use in the proces. If all players got the materials and accept the construction, then the proces starts. The time for the constructions depends on what structure you want to build. (For example: a catapult could take up to 3 minutes to be constructed.) Oh, and both preparing and constructing channeling are unprotected, so attacking mobs might cancel the proces as well, but materials won't be lost.
    When construction is done, the structure is automatically placed on the location where the channeling was done. Now a random player can sit on the structure and use it like any other vehicle in WoW. The structure collapses after 5 minutes or when it's destroyed.

To be clear this idea will only apply to the craft professions, meaning that skinning, mining, herbalism and all secundary professions are excluded for this idea.

Example of structures

A mentioned a Catapult in the text above, but many more strucures can be added to this.
    Like:

- Catapult (needs: Blacksmithing, engineering) | A player can launch rocks to the enemy
    - Ballista (needs: Blacksmithing, engineering and jewelcrafting) | A player can launch missiles to the enemy
    - Floating Hot Oil Cauldron (needs: Blacksmithing, enchanting and alchemy) | A player can flip the cauldron on enemy groups to cause fire damage over time
    - Pit of Death (needs: alchemy and enchanting) | When one enemy walks over it, the enemy could be sucked in and vanish into the depths.
    - Miniture Dark Portal (needs: blacksmithing, enchanting, inscription and jewelcrafting) | A player can open the mobile dark portal to let in a small army of uncontrolled demons.
    - Evil Detection Platform (needs: Engineering, Jewelcrafting) | When a enemie walks upon the platform, spikes will smash out and pierce the victim.

Many more things could be added, but this are a couple of my ideas for now.

I hope you like it.
    Last edited by Z3ROR; 2012-09-18 at 05:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm. That would actually be pretty entertaining and would addd a pretty unique mechanic to the game.

ME gusta.
    Vive la mort, vive la guerre, vive le sacre mercenaire." ("Long live death, long live war, long live the cursed mercenary.)

15+ Year Old Account
    I think Blizzard needs to step into the "request job" action in professions where the person wanting something crafted doesn't have to physically give materials to the other person who is actually crafting the item (or enchant) before they go into multi-job crafting.