Thread: Un-needed hate

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    "No, it makes them a challenge in 1v1 which Blizz has stated they will never balance because frankly, it's impossible. Listen to yourself. "Oh no, we have to work together to beat a mage in a game balanced around 3v3/5v5!"
    See Ego driven mages come here to defend being overpowered by saying things like this. They can't balance 1v1 so its ok mages are OP 1v1, well if that is the case then I want to be made overpowered in 1v1 too. But I wont because the Devs do not favor my class like they do mages. And this is exactly why mages are hated.

Mages are just lucky the current dev team is biased for them, maybe next expansion they will see all their abilities gutted and they will be balanced in 3v3 but completely helpless in 1v1 and see how that feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    See Ego driven mages come here to defend being overpowered by saying things like this. They can't balance 1v1 so its ok mages are OP 1v1, well if that is the case then I want to be made overpowered in 1v1 too. But I wont because the Devs do not favor my class like they do mages. And this is exactly why mages are hated.

Mages are just lucky the current dev team is biased for them, maybe next expansion they will see all their abilities gutted and they will be balanced in 3v3 but completely helpless in 1v1 and see how that feels.
    Troll tears, salty!

Also wonder what class u will come up with as being yours... i bet we will have a good time:<

I'm just sad that the next patch will cause a 20% ranged attack reduction speed on my hunter, effectively bumping my Cobra/Steady Shot up to something like a 2.4s cast time, making it easy to LoS, and reducing my passive focus regen rate by 20%.

Other than that, they're just annoying when they spell steal something. Like when I faceroll 2v2 with a war buddy, and they steal Master's Call I applied to him. And when they root me and sit on my ass and all I can do is Wing Clip. But hey, hunters counter mages decently (currently, hack, 4.1). But once you've played a melee class, such as a war or feral druid, they can start to be seriously annoying. PvP isn't balanced around 1v1, but you don't even have a fighting chance if you're a certain class or spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkblood14 View Post
    Troll tears, salty!

Also wonder what class u will come up with as being yours... i bet we will have a good time:<
    Hey look its a mage and a douchebag who would have guessed. U MAD.

Yeah that is the type of response I should write to be on your level. But instead im writing this.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm just curious, since you seem to like the term, but can you name one person that isn't ego driven? I can think of two, and their lives sucked.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    I'm just curious, since you seem to like the term, but can you name one person that isn't ego driven? I can think of two, and their lives sucked.
    I'm not ego driven. I'm just awesome.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have had a talk with a few guildies and none of them play mages. I asked them about PvP, how good mages were. Their answer for it: It's not a problem when you have a dispeller. Without one it's getting tough.

I don't understand the hate on mages. I'm fine with Blizzard taking away all our snares and roots as Frost if they give us Astral Armor back (Was in the Vanilla Beta). *trollface*

15+ Year Old Account
    Or Detect Magic for the lulz
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Or Detect Magic for the lulz
    I liked some of the implementations of Detect Magic, but I can understand how some mechanics can't really be welcomed with open arms.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    It's because mages are blatantly favored by the dev team and are constantly given abilties that are far superior then similar abilties on other classes. It is also because mages have begun to believe they win through skill and not because of these superior abilities.

Examples:
    Blink, removes stun and roots and has half the CD of Shadow Step. Shadow Step when it was implemented removed just roots, yet that was decided to be overpowered and root removal was removed. So the devs are favoring the mage by always letting the mage get out of stuns and roots with their movement ability but the rogue does not get that.

Impact, a random proc'd stun. Here again Mages are allowed to keep an overpowered ability that was removed from Rogues and Warriors after TBC. Why is this? Why is it ok for a mage to have the exact same mechanic that was called overpowered for Rogues and Warriors?

Frost Nova, Ice Barrier, Freeze... how many instant roots do mages even have now? Can you count them all on one hand? Yet every other class is limited to 1. Why is ok for Ele shamans to have to make due with 1 root while mages get so many?

Mages are filled with overpowered abilities given to them by Blizzard due to bias with the dev team and the use of which and the ease of which they win pvp encounter gives the mage an enflated ego and they become rather douchey.
    <1500 rating

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    By the very virtue of making a class that can't take a hit yet is meant to kill people, we will always be perceived to be OP 1v1 by people who can't play well against them, be it because of lack of skill or class designs. Barring a drastic shift in design of classes, this is how it will be. Would you rather us have the healing of pre-nerf rogues and uninterruptable, yet have no novas? You'd still get your face frostbitten, but you'd be able to hit us while we laughed your damage off.

We are apparently OP by the design of glass cannon. We are balanced around low uptime of melee on us. Yet say we were iron cannons, we'd have the same damage but no novas or chills, and be taking the same equivalent damage, but magically not OP anymore? Do you see the logic in this? It is a human perceived problem, when in reality there is no problem if done another way. Simply because we are perceived to be frustrating to fight makes us viewed as OP. We're not free kills for melee, you have to work for it to stay on us and take us down. Sorry you have to actually work for your rating.

Sorry, we had our TBC already. Or do you not remember the damage tax and sunwell? How easily people forget we were sat for an entire patch until farm status, and how we were punished simply for bringing our cast times down to reasonable levels. Also how easily people forget that we could global anyone in PVP in vanilla, in which current PVP is a massive improvement over. And then we get to the part of mages I care for: frost raiding. Certainly tons of dev bias there. Makes us so powerful, we can do anything! Top meters, top PVP rankings.

Oh wait.

Frost's bottom of the barrel DPS. To be buffed next patch.
    Frost's got average top end arena rankings, where it matters, where people learned that dispelling shit means a frost mage is a sitting duck. We're also losing some control to compensate for the above point as well.

To add to this; you call me ego driven as an insult somehow, but for the wrong reasons. I couldn't care if mages were viable at all in PVP. I'm sick and tired of being nerfed on the frost raiding side because enough people decided a team without a dispeller was a good idea then cried to Blizz when they get destroyed by something that should by all rights be dispelled instantly. Everything has counters. Frost mages have counters. You know what doesn't counter frost mages? Double melee teams without dispels. Stop making them expecting to not get your ass handed to you by a frost mage.

So yeah, I'll defend the spec. If only because it keeps my play style competitive in a different part of the game entirely. Not to mention I love poking holes in arguments when the source material is full of them.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2011-04-17 at 12:19 PM.

Deleted
    The classes are fine generally as they are. Its all down to the player, if you play bad you will emote it on here.

Remember for every offensive ability there is a defensive counter and for every defensive ability there is a offensive counter. If all else fails run around the pillar:P

15+ Year Old Account
    because when people lose 1v1, they whine. mages are very good 1v1, especially against melee classes. that is all.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    ive recently given up pvp on my mage, disenchanted all my vicious gear cos i just find it so boring now after so long and yea its ridiculous the ammount of control frost mages have over certain other classes... freeze, feeze, slow, more freeze, freeze some more etc etc ,,,,, bores the shitt outta me now so im gearing up a fewal dwood for pvp for a change and it is indeed annoying to be constantly rooted lol but meh fekk mages in pvp theres way too many of em now cos they just faceroll

---------- Post added 2011-04-17 at 05:07 PM ----------

[/QUOTE]
    Remember for every offensive ability there is a defensive counter and for every defensive ability there is a offensive counter. If all else fails run around the pillar:P[/QUOTE]

um a lil exagerated there methinks
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

I do a lot of arena .. Frost mages are funny as hell and I love it when we get them, I spend a lot of my time dispelling and purging that frost mage, once the purging and dispelling gets going that frost mage is screwed.

Frost mage Purge spammed = No self buffs at all = really horrible damage and one very scared mage.
    Frost mage Dispel spammed = Dead frost mage as my warrior team mate goes and nails that mage or I frog said mage and generally keep him busy while my team mate goes and kills his buddy.

Combine both of them and you have a mage with no teeth and pretty much no control at all.

Mages are cake if you dispel and or purge them.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    worst thing in arena 2v2 atm is 2 decent frost mages tho they can nuke 1 target in a blink of an eye lol
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I be hatin cause I'm a hater!

<3 frost mages

Quote Originally Posted by Winterhoof View Post
    /brohoof

OT: Frost Mages make a lot of people rage 1v1. However most people when they get angry seem to forget about reason and just bitch and moan. Myself included . Trying to hit a Frost Mage that just freezes you in place time and time again gets frustrating fast.

Deleted
    I think the problem with frost mages is that they are easy to play... Maybe too easy to play, it fells like any1 can be pro