Deleted

Frost mage vs rogues

Yeah, yeah, I know there were bunch of posts like this but I really didn't find any answers. My question is simple: how to handle rogue, especially when dealing with sub rogue? I have really big problems with them. What should I do? Any advices without flaming at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by sithlord666 View Post
    Yeah, yeah, I know there were bunch of posts like this but I really didn't find any answers. My question is simple: how to handle rogue, especially when dealing with sub rogue? I have really big problems with them. What should I do? Any advices without flaming at the same time?
    Well without flaming.. You might want to change classes..

Deleted
    No I don't. Maybe I should also add "and no off topic pls". Because that sound's like "you can't handle rogue so you can't play your class. Instead of learning how to deal with rogue, change your class" awesome advice -.-

15+ Year Old Account
    don't trinket kidney shot. bind your pet freeze to your mouse. if he cloaks and is on you, iceblock. time your cone of cold properly. i'm not sure if rank 1 frostbolt is still in the game, but if it is, you'll need to bind that.

you should be able to kite him until he's dead doing this.

Well if we're talking 1v1 and an average rogue, you'll wanna start out with pet and pet nova when he opens with garrote(this will give you 2 FoF procs ) and either force a vanish or cloak(unless he's gnome). You can invis some of this or just kite it and face your back away from the rogue so he cant spam ambush. After this you should still have FoF procs and be able to deep freeze him, this will force his trinket and most likley a second vanish. By now you should stlll have majority of your cooldowns and all the rogue has is shadowdance.

Now its all pretty easy, he cant really catch up to you intil cloak is back up, this is where you want to do all your burst damage...use orb(if you're specced into it will generate a bunch of FoF procs) images and just spam ice lance or frostbolt if shadowstep is down. With shadowstep you can blink it if he doesnt have cloak or vanish up since he wont be able to stun you at all. Rogue will probably try and shadowstep and use dance and garrote you in a kidney,just block this. Save trinket for blind unless you can keep the rogue in combat with images before blind.

Also for smokebomb just blizzard on top of it so he cant restealth off it, so yea really its just about surviving the cooldown rush at the start and keeping your back away from him. Do all that and any average rogue will lose 90% of the time

Good luck

Root them 8 thousand fucking times and watch them die. Pretty simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    i'm not sure if rank 1 frostbolt is still in the game, but if it is, you'll need to bind that.
    I take it you haven't been playing recently? :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Pet and Coldsnap skillrolls shit. Also if you really want to shit on melee classes roll a dorf mage garrote-be-gone /rofl.
    You better herp yourself before you derp yourself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I take it you haven't been playing recently? :O
    no, i stopped in February. but i heard rank 1 frostbolt got removed, wasn't completely sure though.

no, i stopped in February. but i heard rank 1 frostbolt got removed, wasn't completely sure though.
    No spells have ranks any more, they just scale.

February of 2010 or 2011? Because I'm pretty sure spell ranks have been gone since 4.0, which was in October

Quote Originally Posted by gossipgirlexoh View Post
    Well if we're talking 1v1 and an average rogue, you'll wanna start out with pet and pet nova when he opens with garrote(this will give you 2 FoF procs ) and either force a vanish or cloak(unless he's gnome). You can invis some of this or just kite it and face your back away from the rogue so he cant spam ambush. After this you should still have FoF procs and be able to deep freeze him, this will force his trinket and most likley a second vanish. By now you should stlll have majority of your cooldowns and all the rogue has is shadowdance.

Now its all pretty easy, he cant really catch up to you intil cloak is back up, this is where you want to do all your burst damage...use orb(if you're specced into it will generate a bunch of FoF procs) images and just spam ice lance or frostbolt if shadowstep is down. With shadowstep you can blink it if he doesnt have cloak or vanish up since he wont be able to stun you at all. Rogue will probably try and shadowstep and use dance and garrote you in a kidney,just block this. Save trinket for blind unless you can keep the rogue in combat with images before blind.

Also for smokebomb just blizzard on top of it so he cant restealth off it, so yea really its just about surviving the cooldown rush at the start and keeping your back away from him. Do all that and any average rogue will lose 90% of the time

Good luck
    Crippling poison makes this a lot harder than it sounds, so try to time your IV (you should have the glyph) so that you can actually get away from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorlor View Post
    This is so innovative and never seen before, if I knew you I'd break your fingers with a sledgehammer as to never see you post anything here ever again.

As for the op, you need to block shadow dance, not "during cloak of shadows" as the bads claim (unless he uses both, of course). You need to avoid damage, not feel like you can deal damage to the rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorlor View Post
    ^ lol this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahren Kaa View Post
    This is so innovative and never seen before, if I knew you I'd break your fingers with a sledgehammer as to never see you post anything here ever again.

As for the op, you need to block shadow dance, not "during cloak of shadows" as the bads claim (unless he uses both, of course). You need to avoid damage, not feel like you can deal damage to the rogue.
    lol this guy needs to relax

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Crippling poison makes this a lot harder than it sounds, so try to time your IV (you should have the glyph) so that you can actually get away from them.
    Not really,kiting a rogue with no cooldowns when you have 3 novas + cone of cold root means gaining distance is fairly easy

I'd really love for at least one Frost Mage PvP thread to be mildly constructive and not full of trolls and flame wars.

Closing this.