Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    sorry to cause QQ on the moral debate.. .. .. maybe between jobs sounds better - eh ?
    I was just looking some pointers on wot to upgrade on a tight budget tbh. I aming to buy a new mobo/cpu in 6mnths or so and wasnt sure if a new GPU would make much difference. If i was to buy an ATI 6850 or Nvida 460 to put in current rig would it be a 'wise' investment for my future upgrade - basically would i see much of an improvment with my current setup ?
    Last edited by mmoc549cdeaf23; 2011-04-17 at 01:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whyusocrazy View Post
    jealous much? lol... really sad when you envy somebody with no job

*edited to save somebody's feelings from getting hurt
    how can i be jealous? i make enough money to have had a power surge murder my 6950 2gb and my hard drive and replace them both within days ($400) This guy needs to fix his priorities.

and back on topic, if you are really considering upgrading, your setup came out sometime in 2006-2008. if you can wait till the end of april or may, bulldozer architecture should be out for AMD check for their prices. Also the 5750/5770 graphics cards can be found all over the place for $120 or less + $20-30 rebates.
    Last edited by sizzlinsauce; 2011-04-17 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestler10307 View Post
    I wouldn't say this is exactly accurate, I had an 8800gt sc with a phenom x4 b50 @ 3.1 ghz and I saw a huge increase when I upgraded to my gtx 470.

Medium video settings to everything maxed @ 1920x1080 res
    8800GT is slower than 8800GTS. 8800GTS is in the same performance level as 9800GTX or HD4850.
    Also your x4 b50 didn't bottleneck anything, while his dual core is bottlenecking his GPU right now.
    This thread should have ended with the second post.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-04-17 at 07:26 AM.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    I'm not going to lay off, sounds to me he is free loading at a friends or parents.
    How did you come to that conclusion from his post? Assumptions if the mother of all f*** ups you know.

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    how can i be jealous? i make enough money to have had a power surge murder my 6950 2gb and my hard drive and replace them both within days ($400) This guy needs to fix his priorities.
    How do you know he doesn't have his priorities right? He came here asking a question about buying upgrades for his rig on a budget, you dont know if he is actively looking for a job or not, you dont know if he pays his rent, bills and buys his food or not. Your making a pretty big assumption based on absolutely nothing but your own narrowminded thought about unemployed people.

OT: I would recomend not bothering much until you can actually afford a more thorough upgrade of your entire system. I used to upgrade bits and pieces of my PC's due to low cash flow, and eventually you just end up having spent a lot of money on something thats not all that good and you have to buy a complete upgrade anyways.
    Last edited by Exera; 2011-04-17 at 07:32 AM.

This thread needs to be locked.
    Imagine that he got laid off, but they gave him a huge compensation and he just wants to play some games to relieve from the stress while looking for another job. It's not in your business to ask where the money comes from or if he can afford it. The person asks a question - you answer it. It's that simple.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-04-17 at 07:37 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Imagine that he got laid off, but they gave him a huge compensation and he just wants to play some games to relieve from the stress while looking for another job. It's not in your business to ask where the money comes from or if he can afford it. The person asks a question - you answer it. It's that simple.
    What ^ he said. I've been in his position before myself. Leave the poor (no pun intended) man alone.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalghost View Post
    like everyone else said, get a job and maybe buy some groceries and pay your rent instead of buying a new computer >.> i cant imagine ever thinking like that, but i guess if you dont have a family and everything else is taken care of already..
    OT: Your opinion at anything doesn't matter since you are a frost mage since that isn't really a real class anyway.
    OP: Go with the CPU upgrade that GPU seems fine.

Deleted
    With 150 quid you can afford a cheap H67 motherboard and an i3 2100 CPU this with your re-used DDR3 Ram and the 8800GTS will see you play wow on high settings all day long no problem. Check out Aria or Ebuyer they have some Asrock or MSI H67 going for 60 and the CPU goes for around 90.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    This, you guys are taking the whole thing out of context. The dude asked a simple question. He did not come here to be judged on what he does with his money or his time. If you have something bad to say about what someone wants to do, just keep it to yourself. No reason to badger the guy.

On topic though. I would say, put that money away and keep building it as you can, and get a fully upgraded PC. If you can save up to like, $500 over time, then you could get a PC that would run games on okay settings.