Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post
    I studied history and psychology; however, that doesn't sound remotely close to anything you'd like to study and what set yourself up for (it IS good for law though).

My question to you is: what subjects did/do you like in high school? (I'm assuming you're in Germany from your description) This isn't something to take lightly and asking on the forums on what to do is probably not the best course of action. Have you specifically researched any fields that interest you? Have you seen what job opportunities/fields you have once getting a degree in said area? Look and see if they are a growing job field or stagnated (you aren't in the US so this might not be a problem for you right now like it is for us)

You said that they did changes to the curriculum after you had entered, can you see if you somehow fall under a grandfather clause and are exempt? Some Uni's if you explain the changes might be more forgiving. It just looks like you went "well crap, they changed the requirements for my program that I wanted... so I'll just do anything at this point." (I could be wrong, of course)

As for things that involve biology or something that involves a lot of math or science here are some fields I thought of:

Engineering: This can be from civil engineering all the way to chemical engineering. You might personally want to look into genetic engineering because you like biology, and possibly chemical engineering. Nuclear engineering field is also growing (at least in the US) because of the world's ever growing need for alternative fuel and power sources.

Chemistry: I think this is self explanatory. However, this could have you doing a lot of lab work for a multitude of companies. It could be from food, to dyes, or even figuring out if you can improve X's formula, pretty much anything really.

Physics: Again, self explanatory. But there's astro-physics which is astronomy and physics. A lot of this would be government work actually (again, at least in the US) and space agencies. It also has a wide range of job opportunities.

Math: Could be you just want a "simple" math degree, however most of the time in the US that only gets you teaching jobs for the most
    part.

Sorry for the really long post, I hope this helps!
    im from Germany's upper neighbor

the Biology thing is weird because it is not a pass for ANYTHING due to something stupid political stuff
    i absolutly hated math - mediocre to good grades, top exam grade though, but i'd like medicine, but i dont think that even after taking the 3 subjects i need my grades would be good enuff... though im not sure about that yet...

Law is readily available on the other hand - also thought about psychology... but it makes me depressed!
    Btw, thinking of job opportunities - guess if theres no need for laywers here - i could go to the US u always need moar ;D

I'm just finishing my 3rd year of Anthropology (with an emphasis in archaeology), and with a minor in History.

Archaeolgy is an incredibly multi-disciplinary program. You can pretty much apply any field of discipline and it will be applicable in some way, so if fits well with a wide variety of interest.

<------- Art Major :3

Deleted
    Film theory

I went to seminary school. So a lot of examining religious texts, their origins, evolution, and effects. Lot of history.
    Much as I love computers, if I could go back and study anything engineering lights up in neon within my brains when I think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Cafe View Post
    Film theory
    i like that too, its my one of my main subjects

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Im going to astro physics next year, i just need some math and physics courses first, then im good to go

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I wouldn't take that too lightly, the physics you have to learn is going to get pretty abstract. I took a more "modern" physics course dealing with particles, some basic quantum mechanics, etc. Going deep into that is not going to be an easy task at all.
    This is good advice. Even the math in a basic astronomy course takes some effort. Make sure math is your strong suit x 50...

nurse school. Yeeeesh, I'm a man!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iselia View Post
    nurse school. Yeeeesh, I'm a man!
    Hey, I'm going to be doing that myself! ;3

I studied biology with intent of teaching it, but then decided it was a bad idea. So now I'm just waiting til I can go back and finish everything up but with nursing as my major.

Deleted
    Film theory at the university is not the same as Filmkunskap på gymnasiet.. My guess is your from sweden

3D Game Design, focusing on level design.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Cafe View Post
    Film theory at the university is not the same as Filmkunskap på gymnasiet.. My guess is your from sweden
    no... still Denmark... Someone alrdy asked if it was Germany... and we call it Mediefag - which is basiacally analyzing movies and symbolism and techniques and so one

Graphic Design, Multimedia and Animation

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a modern renaissance failure: I started out with Astrophysics, then Computational Physics/ with a Computer Science bent, then Psychology/Brain Sciences with a minor in Philosophy, then English Literature and Criticism with a concentration in Creative Writing.

That's four years of sciences and four years of arts. I have two majors, four minors, and I'm still finishing my degree.

Lambast me all you want, but it has been an amazing experience, and I would continue being a student for life it there was a shred of pragmatism to it.

I can sigh for up to six consecutive minutes! Hahah!
    Last edited by Callace; 2011-04-16 at 09:50 PM.

Master in Information Technology for E-Commerce, basically Computer Science + a bit of managing stuff. Loved it (except the managing stuff )

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    This is good advice. Even the math in a basic astronomy course takes some effort. Make sure math is your strong suit x 50...
    I wouldn't say it's the math so much as it's applying the concepts. You really only need to know how various integration/differentiation techniques and some vector algebra, but applying that stuff is the bitch. Being able to look at two bodies and say, "hey, their mass isn't uniform so I need to implement a slicing technique, or maybe I have to use a double integral for dealing with the center of mass" is what's harder than the actual math, at least from my viewpoint. But yeah, astronomy isn't for the weak -- you've got to endure a lot of crazy concepts and be able to make sense of them with equations you learn in calculus. There's a good reason why many people can't do it.

Pretty much everything past "intro to astronomy" is going to be rigorous, rigorous, rigorous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I wouldn't say it's the math so much as it's applying the concepts. You really only need to know how various integration/differentiation techniques and some vector algebra, but applying that stuff is the bitch. Being able to look at two bodies and say, "hey, their mass isn't uniform so I need to implement a slicing technique, or maybe I have to use a double integral for dealing with the center of mass" is what's harder than the actual math, at least from my viewpoint. But yeah, astronomy isn't for the weak -- you've got to endure a lot of crazy concepts and be able to make sense of them with equations you learn in calculus. There's a good reason why many people can't do it.

Pretty much everything past "intro to astronomy" is going to be rigorous, rigorous, rigorous.
    I'm against the grain here then. I was always good with the abstract concepts but bad at the math. That's how I ended up in the humanities. =P

Currently studying advanced mathematics and physics. Moving chemistry up to advanced next year.

Deleted
    Tourism

Srs business yo!

Deleted
    Ye sound like a light version of film theory, but it sound like fun and a good introduction if you ever consider to study Film theory at uni.