I need some help with my UI

Hello all. I recently have redone my UI and while I am for the most part happy with it, there are a few things I do not like. In the picture, I have pointed out to big problems. First, in the target portrait, debuffs are shown behind the action bars. What I'm looking for is some kind of buff monitor that I can use instead of the default xperl one, which will let me show only non-player buffs/debuffs on the target, or even better, specifically turning off certain debuffs.

Second, the Blizzard quest tracker is obscured by my action bars. How do I move it?

Third, I don't like the upper right-hand corner. I'd like to know what the addon is that makes the minimap square, the name of a good buff frame monitor for myself, as well as the name of the add-on that some people have that puts a bar with useful info/minimap buttons at the top of the screen. I've tried finding it in UI compilations, but I cannot seem to.

Finally, I'd really like to be able to put boxes around things such as the action bars. I think this would make it look better. I see some people have this. What is the add-on called that is able to do this?

As well, if anyone has any general suggestions for improvement, I'd certainly take them. I'm probably going to swap the placement of the unit frames and the cooldown line already, but that's pretty minor. If anyone wants a list of my current add-ons for whatever reason, I can supply one, though I have quite a few that aren't turned on so the file is bigger than it really is. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Hottie4Hire; 2011-04-16 at 09:22 PM.

Just suggestions from what I use, other people may have different suggestions...

1. Elkano's BuffBars

2. Who Framed Watcher Wabbit?

3. Squeenix

4. kgPanels.

As for suggestions try and scale some things down, like the combat log...omen...recount. But I'm sure you know that stuff. They probably don't need to be so big that you see all 25 out of 25 players bars, maybe like 6 or 7?

Your microbar and bag bar I would turn the visibility to like 5% and have it activate on mouseover.

I'd get TipTac and personally I have it set up like this, so the tooltip isn't stuck taking up UI space and will be offset from your mouse.

For the two rows of bars you have on the right side of infrequently used tradeskills, etc, I'd recommend OPie, for infrequently used:

• Short-term quest and instance items
    • Potions, Health stones, Mana gems
    • Damage-absorbing shields
    • Shapeshifts, stances and mounts
    • Foods: biscuits, stat buffs, arena water
    • Situational abilities like resurrects or long-cooldown spells
    • Equipment manager sets

And also for the big cluttery mess around the minimap I'd recommend a LDB display such as Bazooka which takes all of the stuff off your minimap and displays it like a bar across the top\bottom and can display tons of useful info.

Other option than an LDB display would be something like Minimap Button Frame to collect all of the buttons off of there into a frame which you can expand or collapse and make nearly invisible.

Then last I don't know that an addon would help you but you don't have that much screen space to begin with and the stuff on the bottom with big gaps everywhere is eating up a lot of space that could be better designed if things were smaller and fit together like puzzle pieces rather than scattering them all across the bottom.

Good luck!

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

I don't know any individual, stand-alone addons for showing only certain buffs/debuffs, but I can help with the rest.

1) The Quest tracker is called the Watchframe. I'm sure if you google "Watchframe WOW" you'll find something to move it. If anything, MoverAnything will move it and everything else.

2) Can never recommend a map addon other than SexyMap. Badass addon.

3) Buff monitor, PowerAuras.

4) Borders, boxes, frames, get those through KGPanels.

However, for all of this, I much always recommend, that which is awesome, ElvUI.