Thread: Resto Symbiosis

  1. #1

    Resto Symbiosis

    Any thoughts on on the implications of having resto druid mastery (symbiosis) work off of other healer's (including other druids) HOT's as well? Like an alternative to the raid wide buff we lost when we lost ToL. Just a thought.

  2. #2
    Im 99.99% sure its only benefits from your own hots
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

  3. #3
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    2,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer1989 View Post
    Im 99.99% sure its only benefits from your own hots
    The OP is asking what ppl think of the idea of changing it to benefit from others Hots and not just your own. OT unless carefully managed it'd probably be very OP

  4. #4
    Moderator Krekko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    4,176
    I think he's saying as a buff to it or something like that, like it working with the other dots, not asking if it does now.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    | [MoP]Ret Paladin Guide | Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

    WoW Level Scaling Feature

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    The OP is asking what ppl think of the idea of changing it to benefit from others Hots and not just your own. OT unless carefully managed it'd probably be very OP
    Haha fail on me to not reading sry

    And to topic then, na it would be crazy OP I think its good as it is now^^
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

  6. #6
    Blizzard does not like encouraging class-stacking. If they made a change like this, it would strongly encourage guilds to bring more than 1 resto druid because the more there are the better they become.

  7. #7
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Posts
    3,160
    As a 10 man healer I can already get about 90% mastery uptime. I don't think this change would be OP for 10 mans at least, but it also wouldn't do much of anything.

  8. #8
    would be too OP and won't ever happen.

  9. #9
    Fluffy Kitten Cambria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rapture
    Posts
    9,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Blizzard does not like encouraging class-stacking. If they made a change like this, it would strongly encourage guilds to bring more than 1 resto druid because the more there are the better they become.
    This.

    It would also be impossible to balance since they would have to nurf the healing assuming a 100% uptime in 25s without hurting 10 mans who really shouldn't be using 2 restos.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    This.

    It would also be impossible to balance since they would have to nurf the healing assuming a 100% uptime in 25s without hurting 10 mans who really shouldn't be using 2 restos.
    It's funny that you mention it, we were discussing this in my guild just the other night how you can bring 3 paladins, 3 priests or even 3 shamans, but if you bring 3 resto druids to a 10-man raid, the healing becomes noticeably harder.

    On topic though, I don't think such change is really needed, it would only cause further issues.

  11. #11
    Too many issues with it and it being way too overpowered when you got more than one resto druid in a raid.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

  12. #12
    honestly this could lead to interesting raid macro-management but would become overpowered if executed properly -

    imagine 3 resto druids in a raid that are all assigned with keeping hots on particular groups. if these three resto druids did their jobs properly you might as well just give them a flat 20-30% healing increase. way overpowered

  13. #13
    High Overlord Sherylina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Derby, UK
    Posts
    153
    If this change became live resto druids would have to do very little to use their mastery correctly as shamans, priests and even paladins (if glyphed) all have HoTs as well as druids, you would be hard pressed to find a target WITHOUT a hot of some form.

  14. #14
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Posts
    3,160
    Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    It's funny that you mention it, we were discussing this in my guild just the other night how you can bring 3 paladins, 3 priests or even 3 shamans, but if you bring 3 resto druids to a 10-man raid, the healing becomes noticeably harder.

    On topic though, I don't think such change is really needed, it would only cause further issues.
    If all three priests were holy or disc (that is, all three are the same spec), that would be extremely difficult.
    If all three healers healers were paladins, healing would be nearly impossible. Three druids would be much more strong, imo.
    Three shamans would be weak as well.

    Healing diversity is necessary. Three priests wouldn't be as bad if they were something like two holy and one disc because disc and holy have very different healing styles.

  15. #15
    The Lightbringer Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    3,479
    the ToL healing nerf didnt really hit us all that hard. Pretty much, ToL gave us 20% reduced hot mana, and 15% of our spirit as SP. the 6% healing buff was removed from the game entirely, so that affects all healers, not just us, and we DID get replishment.

    I prefer mastery as is. It adds an additional mechanic to Rdruids besides WG-rejuvex5.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •