Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Field Marshal Pandax9472's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wildwood, NJ
    Posts
    87

    Heroic Lich King 25

    So, I began running raids in my guild, for things such as Ulduar 10/25 drakes, ToGC achieves, and other various achievements to be had. Now, people in my guild want to complete Heroic Lich King 25. It's the only boss we didn't get to kill during Wrath, cleared everything else on Heroic 11/12 ICC. Just never got to kill Heroic lich King.

    My question is, can you clear 11/12 ICC 10 normal and then switch it to Heroic 25? I've had a few people tell me you can do it, and it seems to be something that would work considering 10's and 25's are the same lockout, and if you kill a boss on Heroic your already saved to that particular instance or something.

    Thanks
    99 problems but a Lich ain't one...

  2. #2
    You can not 'shift up' to 25s from 10man, no, so that will not work, I'm sorry. Only the reverse - 25 to 10 - is possible, I believe.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  3. #3
    If you have a normal 25 man kingslayer, you can fight him on heroic just by changing the lockout to heroic
    Quote Originally Posted by Moaradin
    What do you do when you see a Xbox 360? You turn 360.2 durr

  4. #4
    Field Marshal Pandax9472's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wildwood, NJ
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by kriissii1 View Post
    If you have a normal 25 man kingslayer, you can fight him on heroic just by changing the lockout to heroic
    I have 25 kingslayer, just need to know if you clear 11/12 10 man ICC Normal if you can switch it to Heroic 25.
    99 problems but a Lich ain't one...

  5. #5
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    2,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandax9472 View Post
    So, I began running raids in my guild, for things such as Ulduar 10/25 drakes, ToGC achieves, and other various achievements to be had. Now, people in my guild want to complete Heroic Lich King 25. It's the only boss we didn't get to kill during Wrath, cleared everything else on Heroic 11/12 ICC. Just never got to kill Heroic lich King.

    My question is, can you clear 11/12 ICC 10 normal and then switch it to Heroic 25? I've had a few people tell me you can do it, and it seems to be something that would work considering 10's and 25's are the same lockout, and if you kill a boss on Heroic your already saved to that particular instance or something.

    Thanks
    Don't you need to kill at least the end boss in each of the 3 wings on heroic each week or you can't try LK on heroic? So that would be BQL, PP and Sindragosa on hc, the rest on normal, then hc LK. Could be wrong though. As for going from 10>25 man, I dont think its possible.

  6. #6
    From what I remember, the ability to switch raid sizes was only made possible for Cata raids and was not made retroactive for Wrath raids. I haven't tested it myself, but you almost certainly can't do what you're wanting to.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    From what I remember, the ability to switch raid sizes was only made possible for Cata raids and was not made retroactive for Wrath raids. I haven't tested it myself, but you almost certainly can't do what you're wanting to.
    It's possible in ICC, it's just not possible to go from 10 to 25, only the other way around, as far as I know.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  8. #8
    You need to kill PP, BQ, and sind on heroic to unlock heroic LK, all other fights can be regular.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    You need to kill PP, BQ, and sind on heroic to unlock heroic LK, all other fights can be regular.
    Now I don't want to be spreading misinformation, but in a PuG group the other day (this was ICC10 however), we were doing ICC HC and I literally refused to DPS Sindragosa because the RL didn't set it to Heroic. I was constantly shouting not to kill Sindy cos it wasn't on HC and we wouldn't be able to access LK Heroic (I explained how the end wing bosses needed to be downed in HC), which was the entire point of the run. Most of the PuGGers said I was wrong, but the fact that they said "It's never been like that lol" in response, didn't really give me much confidence in their knowledge.

    Anyways, to cut a long story short, we got to LK by downing every single boss on Normal, and lo and behold the RL switched to Heroic mode and LK was still there in Heroic mode. Subsequently I was left with egg on my face, but it didn't really matter because 70% of the raid shouted "GOGOGO!" and half the raid immediately flew off the platform from a Shadow Trap and then Ninja DC'd because they couldn't fathom the act of learning from one's mistakes.

  10. #10
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    2,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Mowg View Post
    Now I don't want to be spreading misinformation, but in a PuG group the other day (this was ICC10 however), we were doing ICC HC and I literally refused to DPS Sindragosa because the RL didn't set it to Heroic. I was constantly shouting not to kill Sindy cos it wasn't on HC and we wouldn't be able to access LK Heroic (I explained how the end wing bosses needed to be downed in HC), which was the entire point of the run. Most of the PuGGers said I was wrong, but the fact that they said "It's never been like that lol" in response, didn't really give me much confidence in their knowledge.

    Anyways, to cut a long story short, we got to LK by downing every single boss on Normal, and lo and behold the RL switched to Heroic mode and LK was still there in Heroic mode. Subsequently I was left with egg on my face, but it didn't really matter because 70% of the raid shouted "GOGOGO!" and half the raid immediately flew off the platform from a Shadow Trap and then Ninja DC'd because they couldn't fathom the act of learning from one's mistakes.
    Must have been changed then From Wowpedia :-
    Access progression

    Icecrown Citadel will be split into four sections for release, in the following order: The Lower Spire (the first four bosses), the Plagueworks (the next three), the Crimson Hall (the next two), and Frostwing Halls (the last three). There will be a period of some weeks after the opening of the first section before going on into the second. The Lich King may not be fought until Professor Putricide, Blood-Queen Lana'thel and Sindragosa are dead. Any heroic modes may not be attempted until the Lich King has been defeated on normal mode, and you cannot face the Lich King on heroic mode during that week's lockout unless you defeat Putricide, Lana'thel and Sindragosa on heroic mode.

  11. #11
    Did this the other week to get my title. You can just clear 11/12 Normal 10-man then switch it to 25-man Heroic. Good luck! :3

  12. #12
    We did this for the Light of Dawn title a few weeks back.

    You don't need to kill end bosses on heroic.
    You can do 10 man then reform to 25 and set it to heroic and he will be there.

    Good luck!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    Must have been changed then From Wowpedia :-
    Access progression

    Icecrown Citadel will be split into four sections for release, in the following order: The Lower Spire (the first four bosses), the Plagueworks (the next three), the Crimson Hall (the next two), and Frostwing Halls (the last three). There will be a period of some weeks after the opening of the first section before going on into the second. The Lich King may not be fought until Professor Putricide, Blood-Queen Lana'thel and Sindragosa are dead. Any heroic modes may not be attempted until the Lich King has been defeated on normal mode, and you cannot face the Lich King on heroic mode during that week's lockout unless you defeat Putricide, Lana'thel and Sindragosa on heroic mode.
    Yeah I do remember the days in WotLK, whereby switching to heroic on the Frozen Throne when you hadn't defeated the end wing bosses in Heroic would result in LK disappearing. So I was pleasantly surprised to see LK still sitting there even when he had not downed a single boss on Heroic before hand!

  14. #14
    It sounds like its been changed then, in ICC you had to kill the end wing bosses in heroic, except for saurfang, to be able to access H LK.

  15. #15
    i did it on normal,and ya.lvl 85,people still fail at defile.heroic was kinda hard to,but i guess it didnt help that ive never did it on 10 man heroic and apparently the cataclysm dbm doesnt have the old raids so yeah.shadowtrap was pretty fun without dbm
    Last edited by CrunkJuice5; 2011-04-17 at 02:05 AM.

  16. #16
    Stood in the Fire Rashunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    402
    Yeah they changed it, or its bugged one or the other but you definately don't have to kill the 4 end bosses on hc now

  17. #17
    The raid leader needs to have 25-man kingslayer to switch it to 25 heroic and the same can be said for 10-man. That is the only requirement for him.

  18. #18
    Bloodsail Admiral Ferg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The dirty souf.
    Posts
    1,013
    Requirements for 25 LK Heroic:

    ~Raid leader must be 25 Kingslayer


    ...and that's it, now. You USED to have to kill Blood Queen, Sindragosa, and Professor Putricide on Heroic to unlock LK Heroic for the week. That's been changed, however.
    "heh, still i am
    tighter than the pants on will.i.am"
    Ferg<Hard Casual>GorefiendUS

  19. #19
    To dispell everyones missinformation and not knowing what the question is, Yes you can clear 11/12 as and switch to hardmode for JUST LK as long as youv killed 25man LK normal.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    It's possible in ICC, it's just not possible to go from 10 to 25, only the other way around, as far as I know.
    Pretty sure you could have always done 10>25 and vice versa, I do believe there was a restriction with doing 10/25man Heroic encounters and then switching to the other though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •