Thread: lag

lag

Hey I was wondering if anyone would know what is going on with my latency. I have a brand new computer that plays at 60fps on ultra, so it's nothing to do with that.

The problem comes up when I am in a raid with another RL friend (different house than I), during boss fights and some trash, my latency jumps from 65 to 5k+ with no apparent reason. What really confuses me is when my RL friend dies or gets disconnected from the lag, I free up all latency and play with no lag whatsoever.

I'm fairly certain it is ISP side, because it messes up 2 people from different sides of town, but it doesn't make any sense to me.

It doesn't happen in 5 mans, or in org, etc. it's just in raiding areas, and it started about a week ago randomly

Edit:

Just did a test, went and did some world pvp full blown 2 full raid groups in alliance city, dropped to 40 fps, and 0 lag and went back into a raid group, fought a boss, and back to lagging. It makes zero sense to me
    Last edited by numhtak; 2011-04-17 at 04:02 AM.

Have you tried running mod less? it could be some background chatter thats only there when you are in a raid encounter.

I hardly run with any addons at all, just dbm, omen, xperl, recount, and titanpanel. my gf uses the same, and my RL friend uses like, none.

I'm thinking it's ISP side but I don't know how to confront them, cuz I don't know the problem lol