Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sp0on1 View Post
    when i was tanking on my pala , some stupid dps died and asked me to ress him after the fight ends
    and i told him that prot palas dont have ress spell its only for holy

and he was like:"oh sorry didnt know"

and this is how you make noobs run back

LOL, i have to try that!
    "Yogg keeps sending me tells, and I can't figure out how to put him on ignore.. >=\ "
    "Don't bother, he'll just make another toon."

Back in BC, I played a female Draenei Shaman. Outside Karazhan one day, I had some guy try to chat me up, starting with 'Hey Beautiful'.

I'm a guy IRL.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Deleted
    I got kicked from a group after not rezzing the rogue, as a mage.
    Been asked for a portal as a druid
    Tank as a rogue
    funny moments

Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    I recently had a tank that I reminded he forgot about putting Righteouss Fury on. Then they made me realise he was a warrior.
    I did that too once! I felt so bad, 'cuz not only did I not pay him enough mind to realize his class, I was also calling out his threat. ><
    I said it after the first boss in HGD 'cuz he'd had threat probs the whole time.

10+ Year Old Account
    The asking-for-a-portal-from-my-rogue is the only thing someone has asked of that they genuinely didn't understand I couldn't do (I've had others where someone had a derp moment but realised their mistake immediately after they said it).

However, another post in this threat did remind me of the time I did an entire heroic dungeon on my shaman where the tank kept calling me "priest." I'm sure people confuse classes occasionally in PuGs (especially if they are wearing nonset gear that mimics another classes tier), but this was repeatedly throughout the entire run and I was wearing shaman T10 which is pretty distinct.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago, someone got a bit mad at me because I wouldn't buff them. They wanted all those awesome shamy buffs and kind of wouldn't understand that my totems wouldn't buff them when a.) they weren't even in a group with me and b.) they'd run out of range of totems anyway.

My warlock and priest need to learn how to make portals, btw. ^^

Deleted
    Doing Arcatraz long time ago, a druid kept joking that my fire mage was really bad about remembering to soulstone the healer. On the final boss he started to insist that I put up soulstone, not wanting to have something go wrong and have to run all the way back. This was about the point it became apparent he was serious, and didn't know the difference between the illidan zergling staff and a felhunter.

The guy was raiding BT/SWP too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    The asking-for-a-portal-from-my-rogue is the only thing someone has asked of that they genuinely didn't understand I couldn't do (I've had others where someone had a derp moment but realised their mistake immediately after they said it).

However, another post in this threat did remind me of the time I did an entire heroic dungeon on my shaman where the tank kept calling me "priest." I'm sure people confuse classes occasionally in PuGs (especially if they are wearing nonset gear that mimics another classes tier), but this was repeatedly throughout the entire run and I was wearing shaman T10 which is pretty distinct.
    You would have thought the TOTEMS would have been a dead giveaway that you weren't a priest!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenali View Post
    I was healing in Sethekk Halls on my troll druid, and we got to where the arrakoa use fear constantly. And the group (two BM hunters, a rogue, and a DK) got mad at me for not dropping tremor totem so that they wouldn't get feared, and the rogue whispered me asking why I wasn't dropping totems.
    I would hope that by the time you get all your BoAs, you would know the difference between a druid and a shaman.

What I want to know is, what have people demanded of you that your class just couldn't do?
    Y U No drop your totem, Druid?

Was leveling my hunter, priest asked me to put MD on tank and I was like 10 lvls below the requirement for the skill. Dont remember anymore situations like that tho

People have actually said to me "Mage table plz, rogue".

I SHIT YOU NOT.

In one pug the healer left and I was on my mage. Someone said "mage heal while we wait". Explained I can't and they said they'd boot me. So I said, "fine, I'll do my best. Not specced for it tho". Then they complained about why I was using bandages
    After that pull I explained that mages are purely dps. I guess my smart assery was not enjoyed from all, but I didn't mind the boot. It was good times

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    During SSC I was tanking on my warrior and someone yelled at me to sit and drink cause I was out of mana.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsjb View Post
    I have been asked for Summons, Healthstones, Sheeping, Portals, Food and any other thing you can think of that a Mage/Warlock can do and I play a Priest.

I guess some people just see all cloth wearers as the same!
    Wait, you're telling me all cloth wearers aren't the same? Mind=blown!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not so much me but i did cause a wipe on saurfang over it .

Friend of mine playing his shammie for donkeys years and near the end of wrath had a paladin leveled so i was donig alt raids for icc so he was on the pala ......40 seconds into saurfang jsut to be a total annoyance i shout HEROISM ...... (not going to name him).less thana second later a bubble goes up on the tank ...how wa si meant to know he had his bubble spell where he normally has his heroism button on his paladin...soo naturally after much colourful language aimed my way we still chuckle about it lol.
    Faith Manages

I can honestly say the only time I have ever been confused for another class was on my Tauren Druid before I deleted him healing some TBC dungeons after they took tree form away. I was confused for a shaman two or three times.

However, on my main (Shadow Priest) for a huge chunk of Wrath, my Guild Master thought I was undead, when I was a blood elf (now, a troll). I forget which encounter we were doing, but it involved some kind of mechanic where we would lose control of our characters, and he was going on about who can do what to get out of what, and said something along the lines of "Veyne just use Will of the Forsaken to get out of it."

I was like "Um... I'm a Blood Elf" which sparked a 20 minute tangent about why on earth would I NOT be a forsaken shadow priest. Fun times.

---------- Post added 2011-04-18 at 06:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    I recently had a tank that I reminded he forgot about putting Righteouss Fury on. Then they made me realise he was a warrior.
    I still have a bad habit of assuming a blood elf tank with a shield is a Paladin, but I've never managed to make the mistake verbally. Yet.

---------- Post added 2011-04-18 at 06:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Augh View Post
    Doing Arcatraz long time ago, a druid kept joking that my fire mage was really bad about remembering to soulstone the healer. On the final boss he started to insist that I put up soulstone, not wanting to have something go wrong and have to run all the way back. This was about the point it became apparent he was serious, and didn't know the difference between the illidan zergling staff and a felhunter.

The guy was raiding BT/SWP too.
    Equally amusing considering Destruction Warlocks were pretty rare back then. OR at least it seemed that way from my point of view of a Holy Priest.

Him: "Hey, can you cast your buffs on me?"
    Me: "I'm a Hunter."
    Him: "You still have buffs, right?"
    Me: "Only if you're grouped with me."

BLAHBLAHBLAH HAS INVITED YOU TO JOIN A GROUP

I accepted the invite and waited.

Him: "Cool, I got the attack speed buff. Thanks!"
    Me: "I have another one." (Clicked Roar of Courage)
    Him: "Thanks!"

BLAHBLAHBLAH HAS LEFT THE GROUP

I have a Blood Elf Warrior myself, i find it amusing, that when people mistake me for being a paladin and not drinking due to "out of mana".

I've also been asked why i didnt use Righteous Fury after the first pack in an instance by the healer, who obviously couldnt see the growing red bar under my health bar...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's derpheads on the internet.
    They need to gtfo.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathcrab View Post
    When I was on my rogue I had a lvl 24 hunter whisper me demanding I make him a portal once
    Pretty much this. --.--" Oh and the funny thing is, it was a mage asking =3