Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by reyina View Post
    i feel like the deserter debuff should be applied if you get kicked. otherwise, people just requeue and keep being rude.
    Then tanks and healers who leave coz they dont like random dungeon or after their item didn't dropped, should get 6 hours debuff. I'm hate w8ing 30min for a dungeon to pop, then getting retarded tank/hear who leaves, group falls apart and then again i have to wait for 30min... Seems fair?!?

I've done this a couple times queueing as a tank when I get a group that is 4 guildies who start engaging in griefing-type behavior. For example, in heroic Stonecore, I once got a group where a mage just started ninja-pulling every single group opening up with aoes, and the healer kept egging him on chatting in /p about how "ballsy" his pulls were. Obviously since all four other players were from the same guild, there is zero recourse that I have.

I feel like it is not legitimate that I should get a debuff just because a bunch of people drunk with absolute kicking power decide to act like asshats. In that particular instance, I just ported back to Org and politely explained in /p that I was porting out so they could kick me quicker, and if they want to continue the instance, that's what they're going to have to do. To reiterate, this is not a thing I recommend dealing with unskilled groups or anything like that, but I have no qualms about it if the group you land into is engaged in a concerted effort to aggravate you very intentionally.
    Last edited by underdogba; 2011-04-19 at 12:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless they just can't do what their supposed to be doing (healing/tank/dps) I leave them be, but in the rare case I get someone who just cannot learn from mistakes then I kick them

When Im on a tank or healer, Ill be a serious A hole and refuse to kick them, sit as a ghost if need be, lot onto an alt, whatever. its a matter of principle at that point, it is not how the tool is supposed to be used, kick is not a method of getting out without a deserter debuff.

But that is essentially what it has become.

with random groups, they wont even be on the same server.

There is no solution as I see it. unless people that are kicked still get a deserter debuff. but that could be used for griefing perhaps...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knood View Post
    Ah. This very thing happened to me yesterday. Luckily, I was in a group with three other friends when the tank claimed he was in charge and didn't want to do "extra" bosses. Here's a little tune that helped us through it:

99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer
    You take one down, you pass it around
    98 bottles of beer on the wall.
    98 bottles of beer on the wall, 98 bottles of beer
    You take one down, you pass it around
    97 bottles of beer on the wall.

We got to about 70~ bottles when he finally gave up. It's all about patience until Blizzard fixes what we now know as "pugs".
    I hate tanks like that, and this is coming from a tank as my main so I rarely see other tanks...the only thing I insist on my tank is doing certain boss's, i.e in ToT when I still needed my trinket, I'd 'make' the groups do the trinket boss, even though he was skippable. Most groups tried to skip it but only really had one group that actually protested most just went 'Oh he wants that lets do it'

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    1. Whisper group to leave except douch baggie.
    2. MD and pull a pack of mobs.
    3. FD
    4. ????
    5. Profit, o wait that's step three.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    There is no limitation on kicks anymore - as long as you have a full group you can kick whenever you like.
    The problem is: Everyone's afraid of starting a kick nowadays, because everyone's afraid of the "invisibile" black list Blizzard introduced, and doesn't want to get this too high and being unable to kick again.
    The funny thing though: There is no proof whether this list exists at all or if it has any influence on the game, and one of my guildies surely has started over 50 kicks since cata and he still can and does kick as soon as someone failed in any way.
    I guess I'm on the list, even though I haven't kicked that many people, because the last few times I've tried to kick someone I got a message telling me I had 2 hours to go before I could do that.

Also I've been in total fail groups that play like morons and bailed but not left, telling them to kick me. To be very honest if people are completely full of fail, then I don't see why you should, not only have suffer through their stupidity during the instance, but also get a 30min debuff on top of it. Not to mention another 45min q if you're dps.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2011-04-19 at 01:29 AM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

every time this has happened to me, i've resolved it by announcing i'll be doing zoning out and doing dailies without dropping group. i've never gotten very far into actually doing so though, i just hop out and sit in stormwind a minute and they realize i'm willing to make them wait equally as long as the deserter debuff and leave.

Deleted
    There is no limitation on kicks anymore - as long as you have a full group you can kick whenever you like.
    The problem is: Everyone's afraid of starting a kick nowadays, because everyone's afraid of the "invisibile" black list Blizzard introduced, and doesn't want to get this too high and being unable to kick again.
    The funny thing though: There is no proof whether this list exists at all or if it has any influence on the game, and one of my guildies surely has started over 50 kicks since cata and he still can and does kick as soon as someone failed in any way.
    I have a guldie who is a bit of a serial kicker and has a 2hr wait time on any and all kicks.

Interestingly, I very rarely initiate kicks, but when I do, I'm told I'm not allowed to.

Madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    Ya i think Karadros got it right sadly..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Sylvanas is flawless and should be canonized as a saint.

"Kick me, I'm not taking Deserter" isn't always the case of the person saying it being the griefer.

I once got into a H Lost City with the other 4 people all being from the same guild. My first thought was, nice, this should be cake.
    The first pull was a little rough. The tank marked for CC (looking back, it probably wasn't the tank marking), then pulled before anything could be put up and dropped a D&D on the mobs. He nearly died a dozen times and the healer went oom. Not the best start, but whatever. Next comes the captain and the tank just drops like a rock. Evasion tank and all CDs and the mob dies with only the healer and another dps alive.

My first thought is, did the tank forget to switch specs or gear? I start to go to a quick inspect.... when I notice he's at 100k buffed with Fort and Mark. He's in Blood Presence with what looks like a decent Blood Spec. His gear is mostly questing greens with a few blues.

When I ask what's going on, they said that their friend queued as a tank so that they could get a fast queue instead of having to wait. They told me to leave so that they could requeue as get a real tank (they actually said "real tank").
    I told them no, kick me.
    They say another 17 min on kick timer.
    I remark that I'm going to spend 17 min pick pocketing the mobs in the instance, then.

After about 3 min, one of their dps gets impatient and drops. We requeue (with the fake tank queueing as a dps). We get a real tank in there and proceed to start the next trash pull. The healer and 2 dps just stand there, watching, chatting in party chat. Tank dies and asks what's going on. They make some obscene comments and drop group, followed by the tank.

Was I wrong in my "Kick me, I'm not dropping" stance?
    -----+-- [Thaddius] ++++++++

Just because you are unique, does not mean you are right.
    Ðoser of Illidan

I actually stand up for what many people will call 'bads'. People who are inexperienced, or just gearing up...and want to learn. Other people have no patience for it. I do. Hense I'll speak up for them.

I will, however, votekick someone who's a jerk. Especially if its a tank or healer. GTFO of my existance, annoying little trolls! I'd rather play with newbies then jerkasses.

Nope. People like that suck. If they are too lazy to get in line like everyone else, then they deserve to suffer.

Oh, and I've trolled the shit out of some people a few times. Like when I was doing an ICC5 heroic for a guildie, tanking. As I'm pulling the first trash pack, a Warlock pug says 'gogogo pull'. As soon as that trash pack was killed, I sat down and declared "Okay, for being so impatient and telling me to 'gogogo' after I'd already pulled...we're waiting 3 minutes until I continue." The amount of screaming that resulted from this was hilarious, and my guildie was laughing really hard. Every time they protested and insulted me, I declared an extra minute of wait time. Eventually they managed to kick me, and my guildie got group leader. So he invited me right back into the dungeon. Two of the dps left in disgust, the other one started to complain again. I just told him to STFU, and we cleared the instance in about 10 minutes.

Moral of the story - don't tell me to 'gogogo'
    Last edited by Durandro; 2011-04-19 at 02:08 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalnik View Post
    Yes you should have said "Fuck you guys" then just said "Kick me".

Losers are gonna be losers that why when I get an epic fail group, I can tell is going to suck major ass within just a few pulls I just zone out and wait for them to do me a favor.
    Facilis Descensus Averno