Deleted

Looking for a space sim game

Hi, yes i'm looking to play a single player space sim game similar to Elite and Freelancer. Basically a game where you start off with a basic ship and have to earn cash via missions, trading, bounties etc to upgrade your ship. I can't seem to find anything and I'm not interested in eve online. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, the only thing i can even think of that's even close to what you're looking for is Eve Online. >_>
    @dA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleuh
    Since the invention of the internet, the Earth`s rotation has been solely propelled by english teachers turning in their graves.

Not a sim, but you might be interested in Escape Velocity: Nova by Ambrosia Software. It is a top-down game, but don't let that fool you. It is wonderfully rich and has all the components you are looking for.

I don't know of any other sim games like Freelancer.

never really played it but I think its basically the same as eve online but in offline mode (ie Single player) "X3 Reunion" look it up :=)

Deleted
    The X series sound like the game you are after. Although its very dated now.

Deleted
    Ye there's definitely room in the market for a game like this, I'll check out the ones you suggested though, cheers.

lol found a youtube review on X3 reunion by G4TV, so many cock jokes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi8n6uN091E
    Last edited by mmoc2d1425a8d1; 2011-04-17 at 10:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Earth and Beyond is pretty dated, but is up and running with a pretty strong following, new content is thrown out every once in a while as a bonus. Info (as well as the entire game,) can be found here': http://forum.enb-emulator.com/

Also, yes it's legal. EA says as long as they don't charge anything to play it then they'll stay out of the court room.

Black Prophecy which is F2P:

Deleted
    Sword of the Stars come to mind, but I am not sure it's exactly what you are looking for... The only thing I know is that it is set in space and (probably) has strategy elements.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosie View Post
    Black Prophecy which is F2P:

Oh my god. Thank you for showing me this.

Deleted
    Black Prophecy looks awesome, thanks m8, will keep an eye on that!