Big sound problem.

Ok, so my PC that is now about 4-6 (?) months old, and in that time it had this strange sound bug where ALL sound goes completely mute. Only way to fix this is restarting the PC. It happens around 10 times a week (Raiding with no sound is soo much fun -,-)

This can happen at any times, like say in the middel of combat where you really want ventrilo to work. My PC is unboard soundcard high end-specced, with windows7 64 bit.

If you need any else info to give some advise just tell me. Really damn annoying having my sound poof at any times (Both speakers and headset goes mute so its something with my PC software/hardware im sure)

Hate technology at times.. If its a software problem I cant do shit about it, but Im thinking buying a souncard might help? Not sure if thats doable, how you would replace the unboard, guess easy enough.

does it happen at any random time or only during playing wow?

Quote Originally Posted by erh View Post
    does it happen at any random time or only during playing wow?
    Sorry for late answer back.

Yes happens only during wow I belive. Also running windows moved mode and sometimes other things in bagground such as MMO, if anything of that matters.

So yea wow might be the problem.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2011-04-18 at 07:48 AM.

Deleted
    Silly question but are you using Ctrl as a modifier? (Ctrl + M = Music..etc)

That could be a possibility?

---------- Post added 2011-04-18 at 08:42 AM ----------

also seeing as **This can happen at any times, like say in the middel of combat where you really want ventrilo to work**

Does it fail to recognise you're using PTT button? or voice recognition to broadcast your voice?

Quote Originally Posted by Aranor View Post
    Silly question but are you using Ctrl as a modifier? (Ctrl + M = Music..etc)

That could be a possibility?

---------- Post added 2011-04-18 at 08:42 AM ----------

also seeing as **This can happen at any times, like say in the middel of combat where you really want ventrilo to work**

Does it fail to recognise you're using PTT button? or voice recognition to broadcast your voice?
    I dont use any CTRL binds, only shift. Ventrilo see's I talk when pushing my talk button, but no idea if people can hear me sorry.

Deleted
    Could be the drivers of the sound card failing. Try to get the updated drivers from the manufacturers website

Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    Could be the drivers of the sound card failing. Try to get the updated drivers from the manufacturers website
    Yes, just 1 problem.. not sure what brand I had Guess you can check this somewhere uhm. Also I tough windows update picked up all driver updates I need (Graphic card, mouse,keyboard etc...), but thats wrong?

Anyway thanks for the replies so far!