Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    as far as I'm concerned that is a sweet kind of pizza. Fine with me as we also do sweet flavoured pizza (nutella mostly) what I do not like is like tomato sauce, mozzarella, pineapple and some kind of meat on it mixing the lot /puke
    Nope, this has cheese, tomato sauce and sometimes ham on it as well!
    When someone asks, “What is best in life?” there’s only one answer: “To crush the newbs, see them driven before me, and read their lamentations on the forums” - Lylirra

Ketchup is good with some things, bad with lots of others.

Good with:
    Burgers, fries, eggs, potato pancakes, and hash browns. God, especially with hash browns. Getting nicely crispy but not super crunchy hash browns with a light mix of ketchup is so damn good. Onions and ketchup together with any of those things works extremely well. Raw onions, not sauteed.

Bad with:
    Hot dogs.

Should never go near:
    Most everything else.

Now fry sauce, on the other hand, is good where ketchup is, but also good in many other places, like with chicken. If you don't know what fry sauce is, try looking in the sauce section of a local store and see if you can find Some Dude's Fry Sauce. It's basically just ketchup and mayonnaise mixed together. It sounds really messed up if you've never had it because you try to combined the flavor of ketchup with the flavor of mayonnaise and it just doesn't work in your head, but it tastes way different than most people would imagine and is pretty good, especially with a light touch of barbecue sauce.

Deleted
    Lol lets make a poll out of this! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    That's not the only thing that's up with ketchup, sometimes it's called CATSUP, the fuck? Sounds like ketchup is up to some crazy conspiracy shit.

OT: Ketchup on spaghetti and stuff would be rank, it's way too acidic for my tastes :S You should go to Holland, they put mayonaise on CHIPS (Fries) People are crazy.

Edit: Damn I read 4 other threads for half an hour and someone beats me to the catsup :<
    What the hell's wrong with eating Fries with Mayonnaise? What would you use your sauces on then? Seriously..

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctify View Post
    I have friends that put ketchup on their mac and cheese and sometimes tuna too. What the hell? Also, its peanut butter that goes with everything!
    Spoken like someone who's never had a peanut butter & jelly & ketchup sandwich.

ketchup > all.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Go to Canada and you will see ketchup flavored potato chips

....yuck
    Go to most countries and you will see Ketchup flavored potato chips

a buddy of mine has it on his morning sandwiches.

I was born in Portugal. I was in severe cultural shock when I saw people putting this red goo on their food when I moved to Canada. No such thing in Portugal.. not at that time. It can be found now but it's still no exactlly popular. More for the tourists.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    eggs
    What.. the.. fuck!?
    Egg + pepper for the win

10+ Year Old Account
    I grow my own tomatoes and make my own ketchup which can be had with any meal you can think of
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    And to all those saying Ketchup because it has tomatoes in it; No. It's not the tomatoes that make it gross, it's the sugar.
    I have a friend that puts straight up sugar on his spaghetti. Also on his rice, eggs, and many other foods that do not need sugar!! It's gross

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I can see people putting ketchup on lots of weird things. What kills me is seeing somebody ordering a steak and, before taking the first bite, slather the whole thing with ketchup or some other condiment. What happened to appreciating the inherent flavor of foods?!

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    as far as I'm concerned that is a sweet kind of pizza. Fine with me as we also do sweet flavoured pizza (nutella mostly) what I do not like is like tomato sauce, mozzarella, pineapple and some kind of meat on it mixing the lot /puke
    Sweet flacoured pizza, wtf? Pineapple is nice on pizza, adds some freshness to it. Nutella sounds crazy.

Poor man's tomato sauce. With lots of added sugar.
    Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.

10+ Year Old Account
    that's like putting cottage cheese on your cereal. I mean, they're both dairy, right?

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Go to Canada and you will see ketchup flavored potato chips
    I have heard that in Canada they also like to eat french fries with brown gravy and cheddar cheese melted on top...this sounds delicious

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crownos View Post
    You decide!

*mr. burns with catsup and ketchup*
    Oh god. When I first saw this YEARS AND YEARS AGO I couldn't stop laughing.

Ketchup is decent on certain things, at least I think so. I've seen people put it on everything. Apparently on scrambled eggs it's supposed to be good but I've...never wanted to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thralk View Post
    What kills me is seeing somebody ordering a steak and, before taking the first bite, slather the whole thing with ketchup or some other condiment. What happened to appreciating the inherent flavor of foods?!

By cooking it you're losing the "inherent flavor" as this will change depending on how you cook it.
    To really enjoy that beef, take a bite of a still-mooing Tauren.

---------- Post added 2011-04-18 at 07:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thralk View Post
    I have heard that in Canada they also like to eat french fries with brown gravy and cheddar cheese melted on top...this sounds delicious
    Not cheddar. Cheese curds. The ensemble is called poutine and it is amazing.
    Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.

Deleted
    In Denmark this normal, pretty common actually.