Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Tanking parasites on heroic 10man? Does that really work o_o?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie- View Post
    So, the fact our 2 assigned melee were getting kicked off Magmaws back at random while attempting to chain, or 1 of the 2 clearly visible chains wasn't registering and we were receiving the "Magmaw breaks free from the single chain holding him" message means that jumping on his back and chaining him to the spike is an unintended way to counter boss mechanics? Rightttt....
    We had this problem too, but there is a difference between a bug caused by glitchy programming, or a bug caused by players.
    Say getting knocked off magmaw head/chimaeron RNG or saronite bombs on LK.

Quote Originally Posted by Styl View Post
    Tanking parasites on heroic 10man? Does that really work o_o?
    Yes, you can, but its not very smart. Kiting is a better choice, and there is a brief window where you can get aggro, after the pillar has stopped exploding, and the worms are starting to spawn.

We just have the entire ranged group spread out in the area, only people in melee are melee, there is a min number amount of people needed to be at ranged otherwise the pillars will target a tank or say the melee group.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiushtha View Post
    Yes, you can, but its not very smart. Kiting is a better choice, and there is a brief window where you can get aggro, after the pillar has stopped exploding, and the worms are starting to spawn.
    I don't see why wouldn't be very smart. By just standing there and doing DPS I do a lot more than having to "waste" GCDs with slows and having to run from then and so on. Sure, heal is a little bit harder, but our druid was holding the parasite/construct tank plus helping the raid with no trouble.

may be a lil late but here is my video of tanking heroic magmaw 10 - add duty
    basically me and the hunter/mage would stay ranged during head phase in order to bait constructs @ ranged only.
    Last edited by Harpocrates; 2011-04-20 at 12:14 AM.