Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    This prolly has been said, but there IS a reason to have a random loot table.

We stay in content for a while. If everyone was geared out in the first week of killing a boss(Say Nef) why go back and do him again?

It would accelerate burnout, and make the downtime between content patches unbearable for a lot of people.
    How do the suggestions here equate to "geared out in the first week of killing a boss"? That's an absurd statement.

One suggestion is to remove some of the RNG once you reach the 10x kills mark. Another suggestion is to make the RNG "smarter" -- i.e., make it slightly more likely to find the drop you need by gradually removing some of the items you can't use from the RNG pool. The RNG is still there, just with less suckage.

we're 10/13.
    My main spec is shadow. I have 2/4 (cuz 4 sucks)
    I have 3/4 heroic + 1/4 normal healing gear

Our mage still don't have his 4pieces...
    I still have blue bracer despite I'm the only cloth spirit user and we killed atramedes since the first week.

yep, rng is pretty.

Don't consider it crap loot, consider it mats to enchant your good loot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Urikslargda View Post
    How do the suggestions here equate to "geared out in the first week of killing a boss"? That's an absurd statement.

One suggestion is to remove some of the RNG once you reach the 10x kills mark. Another suggestion is to make the RNG "smarter" -- i.e., make it slightly more likely to find the drop you need by gradually removing some of the items you can't use from the RNG pool. The RNG is still there, just with less suckage.
    It would still come out to getting geared much, much faster. Which is bad for burnout.

And less enchanting mats. Which is bad when you are getting loot faster.

"Geared from the first week" was an example, not saying it would happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    12 weeks and no Plate healing helm, I must say isn't alot of fun. But...Whatever. I really don't care about loot so much as looks. And I at least LOOK like a fully raid ready paladin, if I hide my hideous helmet...