Whats a great PC building website?

The title says it all. I would just buy the parts and build it myself, but I'm not really the greatest with assembling hardware.

Reading stickies would help. There's a link for this page -> http://www.maximumpc.com/article/fea...step_explained
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

There are literally hundreds of videos on YouTube that will explain how to build a system step-by-step.

If you're looking for a written guide, you can check out Tom's Hardware Forums (http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/).

There are a lot of resources available.

10+ Year Old Account
    iBuyPower, CyberPowerPC, MainGear, OriginPC, Falcon Northwest, Digital Storm ( my favorite )

10+ Year Old Account
    Hardware Revolution gives very good recomendations for different types of computers (Media, Gaming, etc) in several different prices ranges and tiers.

10+ Year Old Account
    At www.NCIX.com you can pick out every single piece of hardware you want to use to build a computer at the same prices that we pay when we build it ourselves, and if you add the PC Assembly option to your shopping cart you just pay them $50 more and instead of shipping you the parts they will ship you the professionally built and tested computer. This level of customization and low cost usually beats those other stores if you want to be able to pick out your own parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmon View Post
    At www.NCIX.com you can pick out every single piece of hardware you want to use to build a computer at the same prices that we pay when we build it ourselves, and if you add the PC Assembly option to your shopping cart you just pay them $50 more and instead of shipping you the parts they will ship you the professionally built and tested computer. This level of customization and low cost usually beats those other stores if you want to be able to pick out your own parts.
    Not the same prices, newegg is a lot cheaper.
    Just looked at the graphics card I bought and they sell it for $40 more than newegg.
    Most of the other components are marked up as well... the cheapest p67 mobo they have is $200...
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    You probably didn't check their massive weekly sales page...

Also, newegg doesn't assemble it for you as far as I know, which is what the poster was looking for.

---------- Post added 2011-04-18 at 02:51 PM ----------
    Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    the cheapest p67 mobo they have is $200...
    And this is 100% false... you must not have looked very closely at all. It doesn't even matter whether you were on the US or Canadian page, there are plenty of P67 motherboard WAY below $200 at regular price, not even sales.
    Last edited by Plasmon; 2011-04-18 at 06:53 PM.

You probably didn't check their massive weekly sales page...

Also, newegg doesn't assemble it for you as far as I know, which is what the poster was looking for.
    No it doesn't, but you shouldn't advertise a site as "build[ing] a computer at the same prices that we pay" when they mark up all the prices on the components compared to buying the components yourself.

The best bet is to just buy the parts from newegg and find a friend/relative who can assemble it for you.
    Most of the sites which pre-build pc's for you will charge a premium for that, often times burying most of that cost in with markups on the parts.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where do you get this idea that they mark up prices compared to buying the components yourself? It seems you don't realize that NCIX is a store for buying components yourself, JUST LIKE NEWEGG. All I was pointing out for the poster was that they also give customers the option to assemble a computer for $50 if you want them to, which is something newegg doesn't do, which means newegg is not relevant to what the poster was asking for.

The prices at NCIX(US) are very similar to Newegg, sometimes a bit more, and sometimes cheaper. Clearly you didn't look at all if you think they have high prices and they also don't sell P67 motherboards for under $200. Here is a P67 board by gigabyte from Newegg US, and NCIX US:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-476-_-Product
    http://www.ncixus.com/products/?sku=...e&promoid=1317
    Newegg: $130
    NCIX US: $127
    They go back and forth in prices, I didn't specially pick this one to prove a point. I looked up a video card a few minutes earlier and it was a couple bucks cheaper at newegg.com compared to NCIX US. You are acting as if newegg is the only store in the universe that sells computer parts at good prices.

Another benefit of NCIX over newegg is that they price-match competitors. If you find a cheaper price and give them the URL, they will match it.

And finally, the poster did not say what country he is from, and you didn't either. Also, neither of you have it under your avatar. I'm pretty certain you are in the USA based on your post, but the poster could be from anywhere.

While in the USA, NCIX US prices are competitive with Newegg.com, in Canada NCIX prices usually destroy newegg.ca straight across the board on most items, plus they have cheaper shipping, price matching, and they have the PC assembly option. If he's from Europe then he's out of luck with both of these companies because they don't ship outside USA and Canada.

Your country is important when asking about websites that sell stuff, don't forget that detail. This may get me some flak, but it seems like Americans are the only ones who never think they have to mention where they are from because they assume everyone else is also American... MMO-Champion is an international website, and there are many non-American posters, probably more than half. If you want advice that is relevant around here, you need to state your shipping location.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where do you get this idea that they mark up prices compared to buying the components yourself? It seems you don't realize that NCIX is a store for buying components yourself, JUST LIKE NEWEGG. All I was pointing out for the poster was that they also give customers the option to assemble a computer for $50 if you want them to, which is something newegg doesn't do, which means newegg is not relevant to what the poster was asking for.

The prices at NCIX(US) are very similar to Newegg, sometimes a bit more, and sometimes cheaper. Clearly you didn't look at all if you think they have high prices and they also don't sell P67 motherboards for under $200. Here is a P67 board by gigabyte from Newegg US, and NCIX US:
    They go back and forth in prices, I didn't specially pick this one to prove a point. I looked up a video card a few minutes earlier and it was a couple bucks cheaper at newegg.com compared to NCIX US. You are acting as if newegg is the only store in the universe that sells computer parts at good prices.

Another benefit of NCIX over newegg is that they price-match competitors. If you find a cheaper price and give them the URL, they will match it.

And finally, the poster did not say what country he is from, and you didn't either. Also, neither of you have it under your avatar. I'm pretty certain you are in the USA based on your post, but the poster could be from anywhere.

While in the USA, NCIX US prices are competitive with Newegg.com, in Canada NCIX prices usually destroy newegg.ca straight across the board on most items, plus they have cheaper shipping, price matching, and they have the PC assembly option. If he's from Europe then he's out of luck with both of these companies because they don't ship outside USA and Canada.

Your country is important when asking about websites that sell stuff, don't forget that detail. This may get me some flak, but it seems like Americans are the only ones who never think they have to mention where they are from because they assume everyone else is also American... MMO-Champion is an international website, and there are many non-American posters, probably more than half. If you want advice that is relevant around here, you need to state your shipping location.
    Sweet. I did not know NCIX was a US based company as well as Canada. I thought it was only a Canada store. And the fact they price match makes me giddy.

Hmm I was looking at their "pc builder" tool.. which I assumed was the pc building service you were referring to.
    Actually a lot of the stuff in their pc builder tool is the overpriced junk... the only 6850 available there is $200, when there are cheaper ones in the site catalog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    Sweet. I did not know NCIX was a US based company as well as Canada. I thought it was only a Canada store. And the fact they price match makes me giddy.
    Well, they don't have any physical US locations yet (although their stores are close to the border), but they have a separate website dedicated to US sales (http://www.ncixus.com)... I'm not sure if price matching is available at the US store website, I couldn't find info about it, so it might be Canada only for now...

Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    Hmm I was looking at their "pc builder" tool.. which I assumed was the pc building service you were referring to.
    Actually a lot of the stuff in their pc builder tool is the overpriced junk... the only 6850 available there is $200, when there are cheaper ones in the site catalog.
    The assembly I'm talking about isn't the PC Builder, which I agree isn't as good as buying the parts, but I don't think they even have the PC Builder tool available on their US website. What I'm referring to is that you just load up a bunch of computer parts in your shopping cart like you would to build it yourself, but if instead you want them to build the computer you just add this "$50 PC Assembly" item to the shopping cart and they will build it and test it for you, and then ship the assembled computer with all the retail packaging for the individual parts.
    Here's the PC Assembly item link at the US store:
    http://www.ncixus.com/products/7842/PC-ASSEMBLY/NCIXPC/
    Last edited by Plasmon; 2011-04-18 at 11:09 PM.

nobody posted goold ol' dell ? :P

Building a PC isn't that hard, just get sure you double check the stuff you buy. Its easy after some time.
    You first pick a Motherboard, this defines your cpu amd/intel, then you go for the graphic card, a good power supply (be sure you get one with pcie support), some ram, a hdd (fitting to your motherboard ofc (s-ata2 and up)) and a case. Thats all
    Connecting these things is mostly self explaining or written down in the manual. IMO the hardest part in building a PC is to connect the Case to the mainboard :P

Quote Originally Posted by Célina View Post
    nobody posted goold ol' dell ? :P

Building a PC isn't that hard, just get sure you double check the stuff you buy. Its easy after some time.
    You first pick a Motherboard, this defines your cpu amd/intel, then you go for the graphic card, a good power supply (be sure you get one with pcie support), some ram, a hdd (fitting to your motherboard ofc (s-ata2 and up)) and a case. Thats all
    Connecting these things is mostly self explaining or written down in the manual. IMO the hardest part in building a PC is to connect the Case to the mainboard :P
    dell... /chill

The assembly I'm talking about isn't the PC Builder, which I agree isn't as good as buying the parts, but I don't think they even have the PC Builder tool available on their US website. What I'm referring to is that you just load up a bunch of computer parts in your shopping cart like you would to build it yourself, but if instead you want them to build the computer you just add this "$50 PC Assembly" item to the shopping cart and they will build it and test it for you, and then ship the assembled computer with all the retail packaging for the individual parts.
    Here's the PC Assembly item link at the US store:
    http://www.ncixus.com/products/7842/PC-ASSEMBLY/NCIXPC/
    Hmm in that case it actually seems pretty useful.
    Guess I just had a bad impression looking at that pc builder thing lmao