Deleted

Server population and faction distribution

Yes, my guild is planning to move servers, and we would like to go somewhere that is better than where we are.

Therefore I was wondering which source is the most reliable in regards to server population and faction distribution. I know blizzard have their low, medium, high, full designation, but i'm thinking about the actual number of people (not sure if each server is the same size) and how the alliance/horde distribution is.

The information I've found so far doesn't seem to say the same thing, so I don't know what to trust.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have always just googled "Warcraft Census"

Wowprogress is a good site to find it out and you guys should wait for the guild transfer so you won't loose the level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocoabutterz View Post
    Wowprogress is a good site to find it out and you guys should wait for the guild transfer so you won't loose the level.
    Do you lose your rep with your guild if you join another and then come back. I ask because you keep it if youleave your guild and join again without joining another in the meantime.

WoWprogress does have population samples but you need to check the realms individually in order to see them.

What realm are you after pve or pvp?

10+ Year Old Account
    right now, if you leave your guild and stay guildless, then rejoin your previous guild- no, you don't lose your rep. on the same token though- if your guildies move to a new server, you're going to have to re-create your guild, and join it. it technically counts as a new guild, so you will lose all your rep.

definitely wait for the guild transfer.
    "Yogg keeps sending me tells, and I can't figure out how to put him on ignore.. >=\ "
    "Don't bother, he'll just make another toon."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MarizzaDraenor View Post
    WoWprogress does have population samples but you need to check the realms individually in order to see them.

What realm are you after pve or pvp?
    Either, as long as there are useful pve players to recruit.

Deleted
    WoWprogress is good, but I would suggest you check out the realms yourself aswell, just ask in trade what people think of the server. Amount of auctions also gives a good idea about the population.