Page 1 of 2
LastLast

OS Need vs. Moron Need, was I wrong?

Want to know what you guys think...

In Lost City this weekend with a bear tank. Sand Dune Belt (plate tank piece) drops from Lockmaw. I'm always polite and ask Tank (and only tank) for OS gear.

Me: tank, mind if I roll for OS?
    Tank: no, i don't use plate.
    <click NEED>
    Me: ty
    Holy Pally: I need it.
    Me: you're not the tank and it's tank plate.
    Holy Pally: I will reforge it.
    (several other players): wtf?, Huh?
    <I win roll for belt>
    Holy Pally: no more healz for you.
    Me: fine then
    <leave party>

Said Holy pally had already also rolled need on a plate DPS piece earlier, but nobody needed it or cared.

Should I have given it to him?

Deleted
    If you're saying the paladin healer needed it for healing then no, you are not wrong about it. If he needed it for OS then it doesn't matter since you won the roll.

So in my opinion you couldn't be wrong in the situation.

Lol, if the tank was a druid I wouldn't even have bothered asking before rolling for OS.

No, you did nothing wrong.

i personally dont think you did anything wrong. you won the os roll, and if he wanted it for ms then.....just derp
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

OS roll is OS roll. If neither of you(You-random-Plate-DPS and the HPala was tanking) then It would be a fair OS roll.
    The healer was stupid.

If your offspec tank set is so important to you that it's worth dropping group over, I would just get the BS crafted 359 made instead of getting into conflict over a hugely suboptimal drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    haha did he really say "i will reforge it?"

A real moron.

No, you were not wrong sir.

Deleted
    Had he just said it was for his offspec id have thought you were both rolling for a tanking offspec

Since he mentions reforging and you cant reforge everything, he likely wanted it for dps along with his other piece and was going to reforge it to be more useful to a dps. Which means he was rolling on gear that was not even appropriate for the spec he was going to use it for

10+ Year Old Account
    You're both OS needing it, you don't need to ask permission except to be polite since your can't CANT use it. He was just as much in the right to need on it as you were, though he was a dick for threatening not to heal you anymore.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    your not wrong and if i realy need it, he could, as you did, ask for OS instead of QQ

and... reforge tank stat for healer... yeah, wtf

Your all right dude

I got a resto/enh shamy and always at the start of the dungeon i ask if i can roll for os, especially if i have a hunter in my group, rolling for os is as good as rolling for ms if no one need it. (did you ever try to quest as a healer hahaha!!)
    and if someone won the roll on me, i have no right to not heal him, its my ''job'' to do it, he was just using is status (healer) to piss you off, a QQ thing. The only way i will not heal someone if is he don't stop pulling before the tank.
    Last edited by xindykawai; 2011-04-18 at 05:21 PM.

Deleted
    reforging a tank piece for DPS is acceptable.
    reforging a dps piece to tank is also acceptable
    reforging a tank piece for holy is retarded. any green would be better due to lack of intellect

If it was for OS then all could roll and would seem fine. For holy no... anw you did good the other probably just wants to need in everything and sucks. TBH you find ppl like that everyday, since there is no char reputation anymore.
    Before you would need to find your partners to go to instances so you would be required to be a good person and friendly to party with ppl. Now you can easily have 10 chars and be and ass in all of them that u get the same opportunity in LFG.

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    If your offspec tank set is so important to you that it's worth dropping group over, I would just get the BS crafted 359 made instead of getting into conflict over a hugely suboptimal drop.
    This was playing my warrior (see sig) which is lower priority as far as gearing up tank OS, so I don't want to get the 359 part for her yet until the pallys and DK are fully geared.

I won't tolerate idiots. I will leave party quickly over stupidity and directed name calling rather than play with jerks that berate others. It is easier and more likely to get the desired result to say, <name>, please put pet on defensive rather than, huntard take your pet off aggressive you noob idiot.

There was some additional chatter I didn't quite remember which indicated Holy Pally intended to reforge both the DPS and tank plate for healing.

Quote Originally Posted by andr0id View Post
    Want to know what you guys think...

In Lost City this weekend with a bear tank. Sand Dune Belt (plate tank piece) drops from Lockmaw. I'm always polite and ask Tank (and only tank) for OS gear.

Me: tank, mind if I roll for OS?
    Tank: no, i don't use plate.
    <click NEED>
    Me: ty
    Holy Pally: I need it.
    Me: you're not the tank and it's tank plate.
    Holy Pally: I will reforge it.
    (several other players): wtf?, Huh?
    <I win roll for belt>
    Holy Pally: no more healz for you.
    Me: fine then
    <leave party>

Said Holy pally had already also rolled need on a plate DPS piece earlier, but nobody needed it or cared.

Should I have given it to him?
    dood your biggest error in this scenario was dropping group. kick the holypallyninja next time

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the Pally was being a jerk. I hate when ppl roll for everything (he rolled for DPS AND tank plate?) and then get upset about it. And no, you shouldn't have dropped group.
    Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.
    I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.
    From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rdenhov/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, I was trying to understand the thread's title before reading the OP's post. Now that I read it I gotta aggree with him.

OS Need > Moron Need. I wound't have left tough, just kicked him since "several other players" seemed to agree with you and might have backed your kick vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicaeven View Post
    If you're saying the paladin healer needed it for healing then no, you are not wrong about it. If he needed it for OS then it doesn't matter since you won the roll.

So in my opinion you couldn't be wrong in the situation.
    ^ Exactly.

I really have no idea what the healer was thinking. You were fine in doing that but shouldn't have left group unless he'd let you die from aoe damage or something. Then I would have looked to see if he could have been reported for being a douche.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your not in the wrong, what gets me though, is that you left the group after he childishly threatened no heals, coulda stayed for your dungeon bonus, you might have died to aoe but still,

10+ Year Old Account
    asking the bear tank was a bit stupid, but yea, you and the holy pally are on even ground theoretically, since you could both use it as offspec, but he definitely had no right to claim he was going to use it for holy.
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    dood your biggest error in this scenario was dropping group. kick the holypallyninja next time
    This as well, you shouldn't have left group. Just keep or kick the paladin and move on.