Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xifer View Post
    I REALLY dont see why they cant make the nerf only active in Arenas/Battlegrounds/Duels. Like seriously, how hard can it be. They spend so much time and effort doing other pointless things like making new warlock pet models instead.
    for the 300th time, the art team does not implement game features.

either way boomkin doublesurge (starsurge and then proc'd starsurge during the starsurge cast) is just a slap to the face because that is going to HURT. taking 40% damage off from that combo really makes it less "woohoo rng pewpew"-esque.

Deleted
    The nerf is justified tbh, but having the game balanced around pvp is lame, but thats a different arguement.

the nerf is not needed imo, we only hit 100k starsurges in pve in a gimmick fight or when everything procs at once other than that it ranges from 50-70k (at least mine do, on the lower end of 50k most the time). sure in pvp we can dot everything up and get shooting star procs within seconds of each other.. but that is assuming we live long enough (we don't) to dot things up, and assuming that no one dispells our IS or MF. our single target isnt great and this is gonna make it a lil worse, i believe they should either leave starsure alone, compensate us with a buff of some sorts, or just reduce the nerf to 10%. id be fine with that

Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post

either way boomkin doublesurge (starsurge and then proc'd starsurge during the starsurge cast) is just a slap to the face because that is going to HURT. taking 40% damage off from that combo really makes it less "woohoo rng pewpew"-esque.
    20% != 40%

Deleted
    nerf ret burst qq pvp is unbalanced. never going to be balanced.

I've gotten 100k crits with trinkets lined up, tbh its a minor dmg reduction it will impact overall dps by about 2%(read this somewhere cant find source ><) but with the scaling of t12 the dmg will level out.

OP in PvP needed a nerf. What I'm most angry about is that we didn't get any PvP buffs when it's where we are struggling the most. And even then that doesn't really bother me at all because we are incredibly difficult to balance in PvP. We are either extremely UP or extremely OP due to the Eclipse mechanic. I feel like Eclipse needs some sort of alternative when it comes to PvP. Because when a class is half as powerful as other classes out of Eclipse and twice as powerful in it that class is going to be a bitch to balance.

although I agree the nerf is probily necessary for future scaling issues next tier. At this point the biggest starsurge ive seen is like in the 115k range but thats on sinestra phase 2 with a potion popped. Overall though we need some help cause on non multidot fights we lack behind already and this just makes us worse. I was expecting atleast a 10% damage increase to wrath/starfire or something that is basically nothing to affect pvp to make up but none yet . I think once 4.1 hits and blizz starts seing raid numbers that when firelands gets here 4.2 boomkins will get a buff too cause once we take off our 4 set for firelands gear unless boomkin 4 set in firelands is just as amazing were gonna be dead last in dps on any single target fight. I dont wanna be a month into hardmode firelands still wearing 4 piece t11 cause its the only way to stay viable .
    actually now that I think about it make boomkins 4 set a base talent and give us a new crappy 4 set that would fix everything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by notbob View Post
    20% != 40%
    but if you cast two starsurges as explained in the scenario, the 20% damage reduction from both of them amounts to a 40% damage reduction total give or take on the rng nature of wow.

*edit*

of the original starsurge damage, not the damage of the two starsurges combined. weird way to put it I guess but just goes to show how much it nerfs that specific scenario.

but if you cast two starsurges as explained in the scenario, the 20% damage reduction from both of them amounts to a 40% damage reduction total give or take on the rng nature of wow.
    Starsurge one hits for 100k, - 20% it's now 80k.
    Starsurge two hits for 100k, -20% it's now 80k.
    Thats 200k turned to 160k, aka - 20%.

Learn maths, come back.

*edit*

of the original starsurge damage, not the damage of the two starsurges combined. weird way to put it I guess but just goes to show how much it nerfs that specific scenario.
    in what world? okay here it is in simple math and this holds true with other numbers just easier to see this way. 20% off of 500= 400. now if it wasn't reduced it would hit for 1000 after 2 hits. However 400+400=800 which is 20% of 1000 not 40% which would be 600. This holds up no matter how high you got. It will always be a 20% reduction no mater how many times you cast starsurge. if it didn't you'd eventually get a 100% damage reduction after 5 surges which wouldn't happen.

In dungeon highest crit i got was about 160K ( my gear is not that good but i had both trinkets on proc + i was in solar eclipse ). So i'm confused, tbh i dont think they need to nerf it since in PvE we are only good or in top3 when we have adds, on single target most classes can beat us. We need to be redesigned and not nerfed in every single patch coz designer dont know their job after 6 years...

Quote Originally Posted by archangelz View Post
    Huh? Boomkins currently have the most OP comp in the game, LSD.
    KFC says hi

The future of moonkin depends more on boss designs in Firelands than anything else. If multiple target continues to be the norm, we'll do well. If not, things aren't looking very hot in a post 4.1 world with nerfed DI and nerfed Starsurge.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndonm33 View Post
    KFC says hi
    Hmmmm Chicken !

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    In dungeon highest crit i got was about 160K (
    No chance on that without damage modifiers, even with tricks, pot, trinkets, eclipse.. you wouldnt pass 120k

Originally Posted by archangelz
    Huh? Boomkins currently have the most OP comp in the game, LSD
    guess your talking about 3's.cuz ive only seen like,1 boomkin since i started doing 2's with a friend

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    No chance on that without damage modifiers, even with tricks, pot, trinkets, eclipse.. you wouldnt pass 120k
    Think I hit a 140kish one actually in V&T HC. PT, H-Mirror, DMC, and potion all popped. Might have had tricks too, but doubt it as it was near the start of the fight.

ps. Datamined data on the ptr is showing a 50% increase to sunfire dmg apparently.
    Last edited by mmocd7449ed493; 2011-04-19 at 07:16 AM.

The argument isn't about which department of blizzard is doing what for the game, it's Blizzard's game and they ARE focusing on their artistic features instead of balance issues. They have a priority list, and when they announce something like warlock pet genders then you know where they are headed. BTW, the art in the game actually IS a feature of the game.

Also, this thread is becoming quite doom and gloomy, though to agree with a few others. Don't get too scared by this change. We may see it live if 4.1 goes live next week BUT at the same time they will watch balance numbers really closely if they felt they were under-represented on PTR testing, which I'm guessing they were since not many people bother really getting into Boomkin for PvE AND PvP.

I really enjoy balance BUT for PvP, I'm sorry, resto is just the obvious faceroll choice. So everybody PvP's as resto because it actually feels like you are doing something. Even with balance burst for the moment, there are too many other issues with boomkins in PvP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    guess your talking about 3's.cuz ive only seen like,1 boomkin since i started doing 2's with a friend
    Who gives a shit about 2's and obviously he was talking about 3v3 considering the name of the team contains the initials of the 3 classes in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffedtreats View Post
    The argument isn't about which department of blizzard is doing what for the game, it's Blizzard's game and they ARE focusing on their artistic features instead of balance issues. They have a priority list, and when they announce something like warlock pet genders then you know where they are headed. BTW, the art in the game actually IS a feature of the game.

Also, this thread is becoming quite doom and gloomy, though to agree with a few others. Don't get too scared by this change. We may see it live if 4.1 goes live next week BUT at the same time they will watch balance numbers really closely if they felt they were under-represented on PTR testing, which I'm guessing they were since not many people bother really getting into Boomkin for PvE AND PvP.

I really enjoy balance BUT for PvP, I'm sorry, resto is just the obvious faceroll choice. So everybody PvP's as resto because it actually feels like you are doing something. Even with balance burst for the moment, there are too many other issues with boomkins in PvP.
    you completely missed the point of the person you quoted. It's not like they took resources out of their "balancing PVP" team and put them into their "art for no purpose" team. They're comprised of completely different people that likely have never met before. There is no taking focus off of one to put more focus into another.

Also lol at complaining about boomkin's current pvp state... they're amazing in bgs and finally viable in 3s. Not sure what more you want aside from 2s, which is never going to happen. Wouldn't go complaining to pretty much any other caster dps about that one.