Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Credoo View Post
    This smells so mutch like a GW2 employee made a fake account just to post this shit.
    This is MMO-Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanggaxx View Post
    ignoring the STUNNING BEAUTY ASSAULTING YOURS EYES is weird.
    Beauty? It's cartoony boss with gaudy lighting effects, and glitchy to boot, as it instantly changes light and dark pattern on it's 'smoky' part (causing headache).

And complaining about specific, ugly and anime models which travels from Lineage to GW to AION is fully justified. It's not so hard find mocap actors and western artists and make them normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Beauty? It's cartoony boss with gaudy lighting effects, and glitchy to boot, as it instantly changes light and dark pattern on it's 'smoky' part (causing headache).
    The game is not finished yet.

And complaining about specific, ugly and anime models which travels from Lineage to GW to AION is fully justified. It's not so hard find mocap actors and western artists and make them normal.
    Just because you don't find it attractive doesn't mean the others don't/won't.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why people call gw2's art style asian/anime-like, is it because it's not cartoony like wow?

The leader of their art team is romanian (people who played HL2 will know him, since father grigori had his face ), and most of their artists are american/western. Also, they don't have the over the top armors that asian games have. I mean just look at aion or tera armors, for males they're huge, with lots of useless ornaments, colossal weapons, etc. For females, they're usually bikinis

Diablo 3 come out already...I quit wow couple of months ago after a couple of years and i don't miss it, it's a good game but i'm over it plus i'm trying to save up for a monitor, computer, tv and a fridge .

Don't have the heart to try any other mmo til diablo 3, although the char in gw2 look very cool i don't know i'll hold judgement til beta. GW1 failed to grasp me after ten minutes mostly because i can't stand to play a human; the females looked too pretty. I like the barbarian female look in the upcoming D3. Can't wait.

Deleted

Anime models? Haha. You can call it 'gaudy' all you want, but that was visually stunning and i'm sure many more people will disagree with you than not. And yes, there MIGHT be some slight lighting problems in a game that is about 1 year away from releasing. Who made you decide what's 'normal' anyway. Not everyone loves the western character designs you deem so mandatory, i dont need every char to be a 'roid ridden bald juicehead or double D pumping bimbo's.

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    I don't get why people call gw2's art style asian/anime-like... The leader of their art team is romanian ... and most of their artists are american/western. Also, they don't have the over the top armors that asian games have.
    Casters in that movie wears typically korean dresses.

Also, compare characters from German, Polish or US studios (which make normal, not anime and not cartoony models+animations) with GW2, and you can easily see western developers didn't set a foot there. On contrary, if you do with Aion or GW ones, you'll see clear likenesse in posture, moves, proportions, facial expressions, hair-dos...

I'm not korean and want character which fits in my culture reception.

10+ Year Old Account
    Casters in that movie wears typically korean dresses.

Also, compare characters from German, Polish or US studios (which make normal, not anime and not cartoony models+animations) with GW2, and you can easily see western developers didn't set a foot there. On contrary, if you do with Aion or GW ones, you'll see clear likenesse in posture, moves, proportions, facial expressions, hair-dos...

I'm not korean and want character which fits in my culture reception.
    http://i.imgur.com/yMGiH.jpg

^ That's Korean?

And you're comparing it to ----> http://www.top1gaming.com/blog/images/aion-E50-05.jpg ?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Ele_render.jpg

And you're calling that ^ oriental? If anything that's more middle eastern.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Why are you linking that prerendered images? Look at the video I commented upon.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    in line with a sleeping bag for d3 beta and CE
    diablo 3 is win????

after a bit of speculation, im gettin GW2 now because of this. no lie lol. unless shit is much different when it all evolves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/yMGiH.jpg

^ That's Korean?

And you're comparing it to ----> http://www.top1gaming.com/blog/images/aion-E50-05.jpg ?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Ele_render.jpg

And you're calling that ^ oriental? If anything that's more middle eastern.
    This. There will be plenty of stuff to make your character look just the way you want.

Deleted
    any infos what hardware will be required ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AClass View Post
    any infos what hardware will be required ?
    I believe they're making it to where if you could run GW1 or even present day WoW on your pc, then you can run GW2 with out much difficulty.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    I believe they're making it to where if you could run GW1 or even present day WoW on your pc, then you can run GW2 with out much difficulty.
    yep, they also bought loads of different, older video cards to test the game on all of them, afaik.
    Don't know how often this is done, I would expect it to be standard

Quote Originally Posted by Kakokun View Post
    Because no one can ever enjoy anything except WoW right?
    No, but it does seem like the OP is trying awful hard to sell the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
    If the endgame raiding and pvp dosent support more than 20 people then the game isn't even worth a glance.

If the game isn't focused on end-game and have some plan laid out for endgame content generation then it isn't worth a glance.

Korean grind is korean grind, have fun playing it.
    People that think that 20+ players are required for endgame content have obviously never played anything outside of WoW.

WoW started the 'Big ass raids', but it does not make it law. I'll be enjoying epic 5 mans in GW2 while you are waiting on 24 other players to hit Deathwings raid.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

OP: i must say i wasn't all that interested in GW2 from what i've seen so far, since i didn't find the firs GW all that amazing, but you've made me curious enough to start following it's development now, and maybe who knows this might be my replacement to wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginzha View Post
    OP: i must say i wasn't all that interested in GW2 from what i've seen so far, since i didn't find the firs GW all that amazing, but you've made me curious enough to start following it's development now, and maybe who knows this might be my replacement to wow
    think that's the biggest setback for Anet, lots of people disliked the first one, so a lot of people assume they will hate this one, too. It's completely different though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampd413 View Post
    Also, there are stats on gear in GW2, it is not the same as GW1. However, there will not be 10 man dungeons, only 5 man dungeons. There will be end game world events though which could be for 5 players or 100, they scale up based on how many players there are, and its not just more health / dmg, they will unlock more powerful abilities.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QunMSpsTxfc

That video shows stats on the armor and weapons (Strength, Vitality, etc), so they are changing that aspect up a bit.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!