Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Thanks for the info dude. Its always good to hear some info on new games. I can imagine i will get gw2. Played the first one for a little while, but at the time i was like these games arent for me and that was quite some years ago.

Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeftw View Post
    Guild Wars is for virgins
    oh you are so cool. thanks for the info! -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I guess people really DO believe whatever they're told.... He's probably not an alpha tester you guys

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post
    Wow, I guess people really DO believe whatever they're told.... He's probably not an alpha tester you guys
    Ppl watched the skyrim trailer and instantly decided the game is awesome. Yes, some ppl are that stupid.

Nice, mr PR-Guy from GW2! Hype, Hype and more Kiddy-Hype!

I'm looking forward to GW2, I tried GW1 and I was immediately turned off by the instancing. If this is a persistent world I could get into it.

The only MMO thats going to pull me from WoW is an MMO that totally changes the genre. Going from EQ (amazing game) to WoW (amazing game) was a huge jump and the games are completely different. I tried Rift, and although its a great game... it doesn't even come close to the leap from EQ to WoW, it's WoW with Public groups, Rifts and AOE loot. I hope GW2 is as good as the hype. Too early to tell.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2011-04-19 at 12:10 PM.

Skill limit is a major turnoff for me. DCUO has the same problem: "Oh, you have all these amazing powers, but wait, you can only use 6 of them at a time. Sure, you could be a lot more versatile and awesome, but nuh-huh."

Limited action bars are for consoles.
    "The Patient? Well... maybe... the mental kind..."

I like GW1 and was looking forward to GW2 but:

Also you can Dodge projectile attacks LoL I was like WTF this is badass. alot of the abilites give you the flexability to move while attacking so your more engaged with your opponent dodging arrows and spells, even melle attacks can be dodged if your skilled enough.
    Makes me sad.
    After a while everyone will know exactly what is needed to 'dodge' ranged attacks, making ranged classes/ability's kinda obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by psychedelica View Post
    oh you are so cool. thanks for the info! -.-
    sweet a nice play to pickup your sister then

User was infracted for this post
    Last edited by 3clipse; 2011-04-19 at 01:36 PM.

I can't wait for GW2, WoW sucks so bad now that I canceled my account.

Is there a chance we'll see GW2 in 2011 or more likely 2012? I will be looking into this title for sure.

I think GW2 is going change the market for MMO's. If anything raise the bar and set a new level of expectation for MMO gamers. I hope it is successful, I just think the fantasy world they have is too akin to WoW.

I plan on playing GW2 as well as SWTOR. However if one or both of these games are successful, I think that we can say goodbye to smaller budget and quick releases in the genre.
    http://www.orphanguild.com/ - SWTOR Guild US West Coast PvP

Quote Originally Posted by jobdone View Post
    I like GW1 and was looking forward to GW2 but:
    Makes me sad.
    After a while everyone will know exactly what is needed to 'dodge' ranged attacks, making ranged classes/ability's kinda obsolete.
    you can dodge melee attacks too... and you can't dodge non-stop in combat..you have stamina which is allowing you to perform these dodging moves. Of course..you can try run away but for fast projectiles, it wont be enough.

Also, keep in mind..as caster or ranged class, you can cast/shoot on the move, you can aim your spells and ranged attacks manually if you want ..and abilities you can't use on the move are mostly AoE/Cone/line based etc.. And of course.. using CCs and Slows will help a lot too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    If it still does the "You can only have x amount of your skills 'equipped' out of y total skills to choose from" crap like the first did, no thanks. Limited to 8 abilities? Fuck that shit.
    That limit was the best thing they ever did for PvP in GW1.

While the game looks amazing, I have my doubts about this "everyone can tank, everyone can heal" concept. How will that work in end-game raids? Will everyone just whack away at the boss, dropping a heal here and there when it's needed? This lack of role specialization doesn't sound that much fun, to be honest.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    I'm a person that really likes my WoW, and I can still say that Guild Wars 2 is looking quite promising in most ways, and since it has no subscription payment I can play both if I want!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    While the game looks amazing, I have my doubts about this "everyone can tank, everyone can heal" concept. How will that work in end-game raids? Will everyone just whack away at the boss, dropping a heal here and there when it's needed? This lack of role specialization doesn't sound that much fun, to be honest.
    Agreed, and the extremely limited amount of abilities doesn't look that great either.

I'll probably buy it and I'll probably even continue to play it since it doesn't have a monthly fee, but I doubt it will replace WoW for me (especially without raids).
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Olgierd View Post
    Skill limit is a major turnoff for me. DCUO has the same problem: "Oh, you have all these amazing powers, but wait, you can only use 6 of them at a time. Sure, you could be a lot more versatile and awesome, but nuh-huh."

Limited action bars are for consoles.
    The skill limit keeps classes in check, they still have to balance certain things but the combat becomes about discovering builds and editing your setup. I always felt the skill limit made it very easy to stop certain classes dominating over others, you had certain overpowered builds for a time, but then it gets nerfed and people make counter-builds. GW never had the issue that the arena ladder was overcrowded with one class and not enough of the other and the skill limit was responsible for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    It's not lack of role... it's redefining roles ... no tank or healer (you can't effectively heal others..only yourself which means you are only person responsible for your HP bar).. but there are roles.. like support and controller .. of course.. none of these are really needed for doing dungeons runs ..but good composition could helps a lot.

Did you ever played pen and paper D&D(before 4,0 rules were introduced) ? It's basically same system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    It's not lack of role... it's redefining roles ... no tank or healer (you can't effectively heal others..only yourself which means you are only person responsible for your HP bar).. but there are roles.. like support and controller .. of course.. none of these are really needed for doing dungeons runs ..but good composition could helps a lot.

Did you ever played pen and paper D&D(before 4,0 rules were introduced) ? It's basically same system.
    If you played DnD before 4.0 with a *competent* DM and you didn't need a Healer then you were playing DnD wrong. What did he have a Priest NPC following you around to remove curses on Treasures or something? Hell maybe there were no curses, traps, poisons, Religious Cults that could be reasoned with. I assume you just smashed everything with the 8 Genies in a Lamp that gave all your Players a Wish.

I mean come on... don't compare a single player game that is disguised as a mmo (same with the original guild wars) with a pen and paper game that you could NOT solo unless you were the DM and the Player.