Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is Team Fortress 2 worth playing?

I have seen a few videos about it on youtube and it looks fun but is it really?

If addons are just a crutch for healing, forks are just a crutch for eating spaghetti and real carpenters pound in nails with their foreheads.

Quote Originally Posted by aqthedruid View Post
    I have seen a few videos about it on youtube and it looks fun but is it really?
    :O its like saying is life worth living! Imo its one of the best games out on the market and most will agree with me.
    I Just Herped All Over My Derp !

Deleted
    Haven't played it since they introduced the item drop limit and after the mann co store so as many people as possible would buy their pixels.

Seriously, not worth your time.

Amazingly fun game.

Fun to play drunk with friends over skype too :P
    PEWPEW

At launch, it was brilliant.

Since all of the massive changes to classes, I can't stand it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what it is :P

It's quite fun to kill time.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Haven't played it since they introduced the item drop limit and after the mann co store so as many people as possible would buy their pixels.

Seriously, not worth your time.
    Why are people so butthurt about the Mann co store which money is given to the contributors and the items drop for free in the game. The profit Valve makes is pretty much worth with all the updates we have received for FREE.

I havent read much about it yet but is it anything like WoW? I am looking for something different to play.

If addons are just a crutch for healing, forks are just a crutch for eating spaghetti and real carpenters pound in nails with their foreheads.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Panicked View Post
    Why are people so butthurt about the Mann co store which money is given to the contributors and the items drop for free in the game. The profit Valve makes is pretty much worth with all the updates we have received for FREE.
    Excepts they snuck in that item drop limit a few months before mann co store with the excuse that people were idling even though they had probably been planning it for a year atleast.

Deleted
    Yeah, i love it. Orange box was my best choice to buy ever.

Deleted
    Here is a short story on why you should get it.

My first time playing. I'm a demoman. Few minutes into the match I go upstairs into a room with unbreakable windows overlooking a bridge. Theres an enemy demoman outside. He waves to me, turns around and starts shaking his ass at me. I began laughing, then a rocket came out of nowhere and blew him to pieces. It was fucking hilarious I've not laughed that much in a game before, It was so funny.

Totally worth getting.

TBH, not anymore. That game is nowhere near what it used to be before they add a massive amount of ridiculously dumb weapons. Not to mention the retarded looking hats.

15+ Year Old Account
    What most people here are saying, basically.

It's too late to start playing it. You wouldn't get the same fun as the people who played at launch got. It has changed to the worse, imo.

It's really fun, but what I don't like is the in-game store and all the promo items for other games. It's definately worth buying, they give you free content all the time, fun gameplay, 9 different classes with multiple items each and it's really cheap for such a good game. Also a good social game if you have friends to play with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aqthedruid View Post
    I havent read much about it yet but is it anything like WoW? I am looking for something different to play.
    ...Its FPS game, that should be enough.

Its awesome and fun with real team-play with twitty and nice humor. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxps--huGKY

Problems old-school TF2 players might say is the "store" and "random drops" but I would say that for new players this isnt much of problem. Its not what it used to be when it was released but its certainly not the worst either. Its still going strong with free updates! While other FPS games might come up with new game every year where 80% of their playerbase goes to, TF2 keeps going and is still free. Well worth the price..

I love it because it puts TEAM on team-play. Its objective based so you have to work together, even dying to good cause doesnt feel anything to rage upon (like suicide runs to kill couple sentries). Its not like other FPS games might have where team is just "same thing as deathmatch but half of the players in the map wont kill me...".

Its also sometimes fun to for example blow stuff up, including yourself as demoman...taking like 4 people with you.
    Or killing 4 people and then your character goes all mad on laughter and yelling things like "Imagine if I havent been drunk hehe", you just cant help but to grin to it.
    Last edited by mmocd6ad878d9b; 2011-04-23 at 02:06 PM.

It used to be more fun. You missed the window of opportunity to start playing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulrac View Post
    At launch, it was brilliant.

Since all of the massive changes to classes, I can't stand it.
    This. TF2 was the best FPS game ever when it released.

Atm though it's just a generic class-based FPS that revolves around random hat drops.

Sounds cool I will try it out soon.