Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Credoo View Post
    Maybe your right. Anyway i'm a bit sceptical about GW2 as a whole anyway. So mutch promises. I'm looking forward to SWTOR. Away from the fantasy mmo's. And I like Bioware's work not all but they are promising. And no i'm not an developer with a fake account . Anway its about time wow gets knocked of the throne of the MMO industry. If thats gonna be GW2 or SWTOR i dont care.
    Man I just got back from playing badcompany 2 and you sure did post alot lol thx chief but to answer your inquiry no im not a ANET employee LoL. if youy want you can whipser me ingame hellspawnxx arthas server disc priest guild DDM. My guild recently went idle thx to the difficulty running a small guild cause everyone wantsa friggin scorpian mount and dark pheonix so everyone and thier mom is in Mega guilds. so im taking a break and looking forward to GW2 I hope 4.2 brings back some wow players cause id like to get my guild back into shape.

Oh and BTW ANET has stressed several times in interviews they dont talk about anything unless its already in the game and working they dont make promises they make it happen. unlike Titan mode in Cataclysm Lawl where did that go.

Arenanet have never made a game that was meant to overthrow another game.
    As opposed to how all other previous WoW killers were treated this one will be different.

Why

GW has sold 7 million copies worldwide, that's not a small amount.
    The playerbase of GW has for the better part been very loyal to the game. These are the people that are going to buy GW2 no doubt because of the Hall of Monuments and how it will affect your toon in a cosmetic way. There is till the day still a lot of grinding going on to get GWAMM. Vanquishing, Hard Mode missions, Skill Captures, Rare ID's all for the sake of cosmetic values in GW2.

Being an avid GW player myself I will be playing GW2 for sure. OK, GW didn't have endgame stuff and grew boring over time so in the end I switched to WoW, a change I've never regretted so far but after a while people want change, myself included. And since GW2 will be free to play as well I don't see any drawbacks in getting my copy

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    I heard in GW1 you couldn't jump...
    so... my question is...

Can you in GW2?
    Yes you can jump and yes they have an auction house

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    This, originally, was a huge turn-off for me, too. But the more I think about it, the more I like it. KISS, baby, KISS.
    I gave Guild Wars a try, the thing that turned me off of it was that I couldn't jump. For some reason, that felt really restrictive.

Quote Originally Posted by Spawnxxx View Post
    Yes you can jump and yes they have an auction house
    Ah, well that answers that.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    so... my question is...

Can you in GW2?
    yes you can +

That was a horrible wall of text. But the information was so interesting to read, I forgive you <3

If I ever leave WoW, this is probably what I'll end up playing.

so... my question is...

Can you in GW2?
    Yes. Yes you can.

10+ Year Old Account
    so... my question is...

Can you in GW2?
    Yes! haha ANet said it like 7518731707 times :P

Quote Originally Posted by Domiku View Post
    ive quit ready to detox myself ready for GW 2 get out now while you can you know whats gonna happen people leave your guild you get more people who are worse / not as cool and eventually your playing with a bunch of 12 year olds who got his account from his dad (probs one of your ex friends).

GW 2!!!1

overtime wow will get less and less players as the game gets older and older untill the subscriptions are below say 3million when that happens a game like guildwars would simply be able to overtake wow on subscribers and make wow players think twice.. if that doesnt happen first blizzard will release this new titan (probably a holo FPS) and people will just quit blizzard games altogether.
    The trend is absolute. I quit wow a while back to do other things while I decide what to do next. Not sure at all if I'll be playing GW, but I do have a feeling I'll be playing an mmo or another this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech11 View Post
    Yes, we've heard it before.
    X mmo is way better than WoW for X reasons.

everyone buys X mmo.

Everyone returns to WoW after a month.

Thats been the pattern so far, ofcourse that doesnt mean GW2 will be the same but lets not build insane hype over somthing that we really have no idea about...

In other words.. I'll buy it if people actually say its amazing AFTER... its been released for some time.
    Hey chief im in the Alpha this isnt hype its friggin awesome. in 2 weeks ive put more then 5 days play time into the game lol thank god for having a sugar momma and no job

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry sorry for not knowing about the jumping. I played GW1 for all of like 30mins and I haven't read up anything about GW2. It sounds like a nice game so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelayah View Post
    GW2 isnt like GW1 at all.
    also in this world of scientific fact.. water is not wet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawnxxx View Post
    Man I just got back from playing badcompany 2 and you sure did post alot lol thx chief but to answer your inquiry no im not a ANET employee LoL. if youy want you can whipser me ingame hellspawnxx arthas server disc priest guild DDM. My guild recently went idle thx to the difficulty running a small guild cause everyone wantsa friggin scorpian mount and dark pheonix so everyone and thier mom is in Mega guilds. so im taking a break and looking forward to GW2 I hope 4.2 brings back some wow players cause id like to get my guild back into shape.

Oh and BTW ANET has stressed several times in interviews they dont talk about anything unless its already in the game and working they dont make promises they make it happen. unlike Titan mode in Cataclysm Lawl where did that go.
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 now that is a good game . But ye OT: GW2 if they are really that revolutionary as they say they are people are going to play it and like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    If it still does the "You can only have x amount of your skills 'equipped' out of y total skills to choose from" crap like the first did, no thanks. Limited to 8 abilities? Fuck that shit.
    It makes balance much easier, in some ways, and specialization is much more fun vs. essentially being able to use everything at once. The spell design in Guild Wars is much more diverse, too. Some spells are basically the same, but have little things thrown in so they can combo with others... its a lot of fun, in my opinion, and is breath of fresh air.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakokun View Post
    Yes. Yes you can.
    so you can jump in the game now.. such ground breaking innovation.. well at least you have that to do when you run out of everything else to do after one month into the game.

---------- Post added 2011-04-19 at 12:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Koshun View Post
    It makes balance much easier, in some ways, and specialization is much more fun vs. essentially being able to use everything at once. The spell design in Guild Wars is much more diverse, too. Some spells are basically the same, but have little things thrown in so they can combo with others... its a lot of fun, in my opinion, and is breath of fresh air.
    that's so cool.. you know what would be even cooler? discussing this in the "Off-Topic Forums/Video games" section where it belongs. otherwise this thread is nothing more than spam to advertise another game.

Quote Originally Posted by Credoo View Post
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 now that is a good game . But ye OT: GW2 if they are really that revolutionary as they say they are people are going to play it and like it.
    Something you might find interesting Creedo cause its always been a huge problem in WoW that ANET in GW1 fixed along time ago and are bringing to GW2 is every month in WoW classes get nerfed or buffed cause of PvP which unfortunatly leads to FoTM classes. Well in Guildwars a FireBall in PvE is diffrent if being used in PvP so this way they can keep the same skill not have to nerf or buff cause of PvP. PvE leaves PvP alone and vice versus. its something I thought blizzard should have implemented years ago but hey why stop nerfing or buffing when you know someones gonna level an alt to make that FoTM class kinda fishy eh. and yes if the eh didnt give it away im canadian lol

Quote Originally Posted by slimj091 View Post
    so you can jump in the game now.. such ground breaking innovation.. well at least you have that to do when you run out of everything else to do after one month into the game.
    Speaking of games where you run out of things to do in a month...

Quote Originally Posted by Kakokun View Post
    Speaking of games where you run out of things to do in a month...
    speaking of other forum sections that you should be trolling in.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    If it still does the "You can only have x amount of your skills 'equipped' out of y total skills to choose from" crap like the first did, no thanks. Limited to 8 abilities? Fuck that shit.
    10 abilities, plus you can switch your weapons in combat (if you're not elementalist, elementalist changes attunemet instead of weapons) and switch your first 5 abilities. I find it to be better than in WoW, where you use 3 abilities and the rest just clutter the screen (or even worse, copy other abilities, but weaker/stronger/with green fires).

Quote Originally Posted by Biggiej View Post
    Activision wasn't involved when WoW was first around. It is why no one really credits them.
    And NCsoft has nothing to do with the developers of Guild Wars (2), other than providing funding.