Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tholl View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QunMSpsTxfc

That video shows stats on the armor and weapons (Strength, Vitality, etc), so they are changing that aspect up a bit.
    Keep in mind when looking at older videos like that, that some things have changed. For example, attributes (those stats) have been redesigned since then and they said it could be changed again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tholl View Post
    People that think that 20+ players are required for endgame content have obviously never played anything outside of WoW.

WoW started the 'Big ass raids', but it does not make it law. I'll be enjoying epic 5 mans in GW2 while you are waiting on 24 other players to hit Deathwings raid.
    Actually everquest had much bigger raids then WoW, and so did FF11. But yeah I can see the up side and having 5 mans be the end game and not having to rely on so many others. It won't appeal to most people I know, but hey I can't complain I am getting pretty busy irl and don't have the patience for big raid content anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    I heard in GW1 you couldn't jump...
    so... my question is...

Can you in GW2?
    Do ppl read thread?!

Jesus, Its like in the first line of the post

Quote Originally Posted by Biggiej View Post
    Actually everquest had much bigger raids then WoW, and so did FF11. But yeah I can see the up side and having 5 mans be the end game and not having to rely on so many others. It won't appeal to most people I know, but hey I can't complain I am getting pretty busy irl and don't have the patience for big raid content anymore.
    There will be still "raids" ..in form of events ..but I see your point and I share same opinion as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanggaxx View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG7MpNXaEMo

Now think back at a WoW boss.

ohmygod
    That boss is level 15 also man i want to try this game

this games going to own
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc-...A-wvKAaFacq_gA
    Check out my youtube channel for WoW lore videos and more!

Wow the combat in that game looked like fun, rolling and the ability to cast a spell like that on the go, pretty nice stuff, I think that dodging spells and projectiles thing will be pretty awesome with moves like that.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    ****WARNING****

Do not watch too many GW2 videos or look up bunch of info or you may fall victim of the GW2 curse.

--------------------------------

Yeah, so I have been following the game for a while and no games look fun to me anymore. Everytime a try a new RPG, I just think of what GW2 is like. I still play other types of games, but I can't find a MMOs or RPGs to my liking. Hopefully the game will be out by Fall.

Does anyone else have this problem? I am hoping the game ends up being what I think it will.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampd413 View Post
    ****WARNING****

Do not watch too many GW2 videos or look up bunch of info or you may fall victim of the GW2 curse.

Yeah, so I have been following the game for a while and no games look fun to me anymore. Everytime a try a new RPG, I just think of what GW2 is like. I still play other types of games, but I can't find a MMOs or RPGs to my liking. Hopefully the game will be out by Fall.

Does anyone else have this problem? I am hoping the game ends up being what I think it will.
    Yes I have the same problem. I played Rift and didn't like it. As I have said before, it's an unapologetic WoW clone with a few twists. I will say that it's better than WoW in a couple senses though: No LFD tool, and they really bring the community together. They certainly have a lot of work to do, but it's a step up from WoW i you like the traditional MMORPG model and you also like challenge. "Challenge" basically means "I like to grind boring quests and mobs".

Yes, when GW2 comes out I will be one of the first in line to tell ArenaNet to "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY".
    “Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.”

Deleted
    Aww man, why did i read those charr week stuff, now I'm even more hyped for it.

I like how Kekai thinks.
    Q: Kekai, how did you approach the charr design for Guild Wars 2?

Kekai: My approach was simple: make the charr badass. And then make them even more badass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampd413 View Post
    ****WARNING****

I guess I'm already cursed..

Quote Originally Posted by bleakeh View Post
    I like how whenever people mention GW2 they HAVE to mention NCsoft (and they are only a publishers), but when people talk about WoW they pretend Activision doesn't exist.
    It would be better for WOW if activision weren't involved...

---------- Post added 2011-04-23 at 04:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Credoo View Post
    I'm not saying its fake just because he writes so positively. Its the way he writes it. Like its some kind of a review really professional. But thats exactly what makes me sceptic about it.
    Seems you created your account to troll posters?

does guild wars require subscription?

Deleted
    does guild wars require subscription?
    As in, monthly fee? No, it's free. You only pay for the game itself.

---

And, let me add another point in there, they have an Asian girl on the dev team! That's pretty relevant to me...

10+ Year Old Account
    the whole subscription thing sounds too good to be true! I am betting theres gonna be alot of store items you'll have to buy from there website, they have gotta keep their game runing somehow.

but, sure, cool, if its free I am just gonna buy it anyway :P

10+ Year Old Account
    GW was my first MMO ever and good memories from this.

Age of Crap / Champions Offline / Aion / and Rift they fail because they release thier game to soon to meet deadlines and dont offer anything that you cant already find in WoW.
    This is the truth and many of us have been saying this, pity most of this companies do not realize it.

Let's hope you are right and GW2 does not get rushed, I will sure give it a try since you can jump and that fact always made a difference in gaming
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."~Evelyn Beatrice Hall
    "Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you to their level and beat you with experience." ~Anonymous

Uhh, sorry, until it's actually released and you play it, you can't say it's "amazing" (Or terrible, in retrospect)

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    the whole subscription thing sounds too good to be true! I am betting theres gonna be alot of store items you'll have to buy from there website, they have gotta keep their game runing somehow.

but, sure, cool, if its free I am just gonna buy it anyway :P
    You won't HAVE to buy them, but they will have items (mainly cosmetic) that you can buy from the store, but none of them will give an advantage over other players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EddingtonLol View Post
    Uhh, sorry, until it's actually released and you play it, you can't say it's "amazing" (Or terrible, in retrospect)
    Actually OP claimed to be an alpha tester, thus he bases his "amazing" remark off playing the game.

But hey, don't let actually reading the thread get in the way of trolling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Actually OP claimed to be a beta tester, thus he bases his "amazing" remark off playing the game.

But hey, don't let actually reading the thread get in the way of trolling it.
    Still not a finished product.