Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Wow the combat in that game looked like fun, rolling and the ability to cast a spell like that on the go, pretty nice stuff, I think that dodging spells and projectiles thing will be pretty awesome with moves like that.

The Patient
    ****WARNING****

Do not watch too many GW2 videos or look up bunch of info or you may fall victim of the GW2 curse.

--------------------------------

Yeah, so I have been following the game for a while and no games look fun to me anymore. Everytime a try a new RPG, I just think of what GW2 is like. I still play other types of games, but I can't find a MMOs or RPGs to my liking. Hopefully the game will be out by Fall.

Does anyone else have this problem? I am hoping the game ends up being what I think it will.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampd413 View Post
    ****WARNING****

Do not watch too many GW2 videos or look up bunch of info or you may fall victim of the GW2 curse.

Yeah, so I have been following the game for a while and no games look fun to me anymore. Everytime a try a new RPG, I just think of what GW2 is like. I still play other types of games, but I can't find a MMOs or RPGs to my liking. Hopefully the game will be out by Fall.

Does anyone else have this problem? I am hoping the game ends up being what I think it will.
    Yes I have the same problem. I played Rift and didn't like it. As I have said before, it's an unapologetic WoW clone with a few twists. I will say that it's better than WoW in a couple senses though: No LFD tool, and they really bring the community together. They certainly have a lot of work to do, but it's a step up from WoW i you like the traditional MMORPG model and you also like challenge. "Challenge" basically means "I like to grind boring quests and mobs".

Yes, when GW2 comes out I will be one of the first in line to tell ArenaNet to "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY".
    “Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.”

Aww man, why did i read those charr week stuff, now I'm even more hyped for it.

I like how Kekai thinks.
    Q: Kekai, how did you approach the charr design for Guild Wars 2?

Kekai: My approach was simple: make the charr badass. And then make them even more badass.
    FC 2793-2016-8218 - Name: Suoma

****WARNING****

I guess I'm already cursed..

Quote Originally Posted by bleakeh View Post
    I like how whenever people mention GW2 they HAVE to mention NCsoft (and they are only a publishers), but when people talk about WoW they pretend Activision doesn't exist.
    It would be better for WOW if activision weren't involved...

---------- Post added 2011-04-23 at 04:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Credoo View Post
    I'm not saying its fake just because he writes so positively. Its the way he writes it. Like its some kind of a review really professional. But thats exactly what makes me sceptic about it.
    Seems you created your account to troll posters?

does guild wars require subscription?

does guild wars require subscription?
    As in, monthly fee? No, it's free. You only pay for the game itself.

---

And, let me add another point in there, they have an Asian girl on the dev team! That's pretty relevant to me...

the whole subscription thing sounds too good to be true! I am betting theres gonna be alot of store items you'll have to buy from there website, they have gotta keep their game runing somehow.

but, sure, cool, if its free I am just gonna buy it anyway :P

GW was my first MMO ever and good memories from this.

Age of Crap / Champions Offline / Aion / and Rift they fail because they release thier game to soon to meet deadlines and dont offer anything that you cant already find in WoW.
    This is the truth and many of us have been saying this, pity most of this companies do not realize it.

Let's hope you are right and GW2 does not get rushed, I will sure give it a try since you can jump and that fact always made a difference in gaming
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."~Evelyn Beatrice Hall
    "Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you to their level and beat you with experience." ~Anonymous

Uhh, sorry, until it's actually released and you play it, you can't say it's "amazing" (Or terrible, in retrospect)

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    the whole subscription thing sounds too good to be true! I am betting theres gonna be alot of store items you'll have to buy from there website, they have gotta keep their game runing somehow.

You won't HAVE to buy them, but they will have items (mainly cosmetic) that you can buy from the store, but none of them will give an advantage over other players.

Quote Originally Posted by EddingtonLol View Post
    Uhh, sorry, until it's actually released and you play it, you can't say it's "amazing" (Or terrible, in retrospect)
    Actually OP claimed to be an alpha tester, thus he bases his "amazing" remark off playing the game.

But hey, don't let actually reading the thread get in the way of trolling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Actually OP claimed to be a beta tester, thus he bases his "amazing" remark off playing the game.

But hey, don't let actually reading the thread get in the way of trolling it.
    Still not a finished product.

****WARNING****

I agree. I was still kinda ambling along, quite enjoying wow though a little bored . . . but ever since watching the manifesto a week or two ago there is no game/film/book that I can get psyched about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

Quote Originally Posted by EddingtonLol View Post
    Still not a finished product.
    You're right, but I've talked to a ton of media who have played it when it was demo'd behind closed doors at GDC and other times as well as people who played it at PAX East and all have been amazed at how polished the demo's they played are. And while it's still not finished, what I've heard from some alpha testers I know is that it's one of the most polished Alpha's they've played. Sure it still has it's problems (some MASSIVE bugs, things not completely implemented ect.), but if it keeps progressing with the level of polish they are seeing it's set to be great.

And Cata beta wasn't a finished product...but it went live almost exactly like it was in the beta...and people are still paying to play the beta

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post

That's the way the first game worked as well and they made plenty of money off that.

There is a store for GW but you can't but anything that affects game balance (just like WoW) this isn't a f2p game it's a b2p.

Great if you like it. To everybody else: Let people enjoy what they want to enjoy. Let them post about it..you don't have to agree and you won't change anybodies mind.

Other than that, this whole flamefest over the last 19 pages smells just too much like what we had here with Rift (and before that Aion and AoC and WAR soon with SWtoR...and...and...and....)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

cant wait for this game........checking of new info several times a day, cant fucking wait >.<......