Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

I'm glad Firelads is delayed.

I haven't even had the chance to step into a raid yet besides BH, and I play a fair bit of wow. Admittedly our guild has been delayed due to the tsunami in Japan, but sometimes I think the people who want new content NOW NOW NOW should just chill out a bit and let others who aren't quite so hardcore have a chance to progress into raids a bit first.

I didn't know the previous tier of raiding was taken out when a new tier was released.

Lol......I'm not even 1/13 normal modes. When I feel like raiding I, I'll do it......don't want to be rushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Showtek View Post
    I didn't know the previous tier of raiding was taken out when a new tier was released.
    Trouble is, everyone gets too loot-whorey to want to go back and clear the previous tier. Remember what TOC did to Ulduar?

^ That.

I think it's coming mighty fricken soon too. Sure, raids came sooner in wotlk.... But there was just naxx... And it was too easy.

Well blizzard said they expected people to keep running t11 stuff to gear up for firelands, so who knows. i wouldn't mind a return to vanilla/BC type progression where you had to do previous raids to actually progress instead of wotlk where you just ran into the newest raid the day you turn max level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nos View Post
    ^ That.

I think it's coming mighty fricken soon too. Sure, raids came sooner in wotlk.... But there was just naxx... And it was too easy.
    Ignoring OS 3D and Malygos which the majority of guilds could not do to save their lives. They were the closest comparison to heroic raids IMO.

As always it is a case of you can't please all the people all the time.

We are just starting to pick up steam on heroic content(5/13 10) However there is a (very)small proportion of guilds that have cleared all heroic bosses who may well be getting bored. For others the target is going to be at least a couple of 12/12 clears before 4.2

Most guilds have not downed the 3 current end bosses and so I would suspect appreciate a bit more time to try and defeat them. You get people kicking up a fuss that they have done everything and are bored but generally fall into two camps: the minority and liars

I agree. While I'm pretty progressed right now (9/13 heroic) I would much rather clear all content now than to get better gear, go back and clear it then.
    My guild is fully capable of clearing all the content, however we need a little more time. We don't raid 7 days a week, and I'm glad we don't. We shouldn't have too to be able to see all content.
    Also, ToC was fully cleared the week that all content was available. After that, not many guilds went back to do Ulduar, which they still didn't clear, so that really ignorant comment of "I didn't know the previous tier of raiding was taken out when a new tier was released." you can take it and shove it. No need to be an ass about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosiermama View Post
    Well blizzard said they expected people to keep running t11 stuff to gear up for firelands, so who knows. i wouldn't mind a return to vanilla/BC type progression where you had to do previous raids to actually progress instead of wotlk where you just ran into the newest raid the day you turn max level.
    The majority of players didn't though. Regardless let's not forget that everyone was raiding a retuned instance that everyone knew the tactics for years ago. Albeit without the ridiculous end boss kill requirements.

Cata has upped the ante on raiding compared to WotLK too. Even the stamina on gear for all roles makes raiding in greens and blues highly unlikely.

The itemisation on a lot of vanilla gear was awful and so forced clued up players to do esoteric content for decent pre raid gear.
    The main progression cap in TBC was keys/attunements - Good gear was more readily available but there were without question guilds hitting raid content within the first month of the expansion.

Every single arguement looking back on the "goold old days" seems to forget how much more information is readily available to players now on both raid tactics and their class. Remember when the main source of information was thottbot? Yeah I loved trying to get legitimate answers from trolls....
    Last edited by mmoccff815c062; 2011-04-19 at 01:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The old content will still be there. The hardcore guilds will be banging out all the new stuff but more casual players/guilds will still be doing BWD, BOT, and Throne for another couple months at least, I'm sure
    Last edited by Dave131; 2011-04-19 at 01:09 AM.
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad it's delayed too; more testing and less bugs.

Also, QQ inc about only 8 bosses. Once more I'm glad it's delayed; more testing and less bugs. However, the current raid tier has been available for 5 months now. That is a long time even for casual raiding guilds (what most "raiding guilds" are). If you're stuck on normal modes at this point, you may want to re-evaluate your strategies. If you're stuck in hardmodes, it's because they are called hardmodes.

Quote Originally Posted by drogoganor View Post
    let others who aren't quite so hardcore have a chance to progress into raids a bit first.
    funny,i never knew those people were trying.arent they the ones clogging up the battle.net forums with complaints about the content being to hard

because you know,complaining about the content being hard is trying to progress thru the raids.i just feel sorry for guilds like paragon that are 13/13 HM,id hate to be bored out of my mind for god knows how long with no content because of people who are slow at clearing it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Showtek View Post
    actually, ulduar was obsolete when they allowed you to farm heroics for points,
    skip T7/T8 as a new 80, farm heroics and buy T9

because of this, an amazing instance like Ulduar received little attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    funny,i never knew those people were trying.arent they the ones clogging up the battle.net forums with complaints about the content being to hard

because you know,complaining about the content being hard is trying to progress thru the raids.
    I keep hearing this from those who pretend to be hardcore, but I never really see it myself.

Deleted
    I'm kind of glad it's delayed aswell. But that's just because our 10 man hc group has had the unfortunate bad luck of losing 2 very good dps, bout 1.5 months ago, so we've been stuck on the same 5 hc bosses, with no progress for a while, and less raid days. We usually had 3, but we're down to 2 ;<.

But then again can't blame the game, since if you want to be the best and clear everything in time you need to be hardcore, and raid at LEAST 4-5 days a week until you got stuff on farm.

Heck, I remember back in ulduar when I raided in a somewhat hardcore guild with 5 25m raid days (6 hours each) and 1 10m day (12 hours or so?) for our 10 man group. We had many realm firsts, including drakes on both modes, but was it worth it? I'm not really sure. Felt like basement-dwelling to its ultimate.

However, I do like the looks of the raiding system this expansion. It doesn't seem like you will be able to start raiding at the last tier before you've done the others, much like in TBC. That is if T12 normals are tuned for T11 hc gear, but I'm not really sure there.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2011-04-19 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asics View Post
    I'm glad it's delayed too; more testing and less bugs.

Also, QQ inc about only 8 bosses. Once more I'm glad it's delayed; more testing and less bugs. However, the current raid tier has been available for 5 months now. That is a long time even for casual raiding guilds (what most "raiding guilds" are). If you're stuck on normal modes at this point, you may want to re-evaluate your strategies. If you're stuck in hardmodes, it's because they are called hardmodes.
    I fail to see your argument about "hardmodes"

Like I said, my guild (and many like it) are fully capable of clearing all 13/13 heroic content. But we need more time. We're not "stuck" we're just not progressing as fast as some of these other guilds who get paid to do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyriaa View Post

Like I said, my guild (and many like it) are fully capable of clearing all 13/13 heroic content. But we need more time. We're not "stuck" we're just not progressing as fast as some of these other guilds who get paid to do that.
    So you're on the same level as a top 200 in the world, 10 and 25 guild but your schedule prevents you from being 13/13?

I fail to see your point. The top guilds did what your guild is struggling to do in less than half the time but you're just as good? That's like saying someone who can run a mile in 5 minutes is in the same shape as someone who runs it in 10 minutes, it just took them longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyriaa View Post

i dont think anyones getting paid for that

We just downed Chogall and working on AlAkir now, will try halfus heroic soon and i must say i think it#s good firelands won't come so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosiermama View Post
    i wouldn't mind a return to vanilla/BC type progression where you had to do previous raids to actually progress
    I will be very upset if it is not like this.