Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account

What would Blizzard have to do to give you what you want?

It seems like every other thread these days is about how angry and disappointed you are with World of Warcraft. What would you do to change the game?

Me personally, I would like to see more flexibility in talent trees. While I agree with the logic behind the current forty-one point trees that more or less keep people where they should be, I would like to see more room for "sub-specs" in each tree. Much like the "malediction warlock" was in TBC. For those of you who don't know what I mean, the malediction lock was basically your worst geared warlock who the evil raid leader forced to take a dps crippling spec in order to provide a fairly awesome debuff.

Obviously changing the people who play the game is not an option.

What would you change to make the game better?

All I ask is that you keep the player base in mind when you post your idea!

I came back after being unsubscripted for 5 months, and found that holy pallys are as fun as they were back in BC again. That is all I wanted. and maybe some better crafted holy gear to start up at 85 :P I did manage to heal Grim Batol on heroic today in greens up to the last boss, though!

Release the next expansion within a year, and include lots of (only!!) new content. Remake nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

more content

but im not exactly unhappy with the game.now,if the current tier of raids are out for a year like ICC was then thats another story.but judging at how the next patch doesnt have firelands in it,then im wondering if blizzard actually learned anything from that mistake

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    What kind of content would you like to see? Describe your "dream" boss fight.

I would like to see an encounter that involved multiple small groups coordinating to kill a monster that couldn't be tanked or attacked directly. For example forcing your raid to divide into several small groups and coordinate, say, knocking down rocks to pin the boss in place while another group breaks loose a stalactite to damage the boss.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Go back to the Wrath model. Things were great until we were in ICC for almost a year. People are starting to faceroll heroics again and it will be that way for the rest of the expansion. They need to bring out expansions faster and give us more variety in leveling. (more zones for us with 9 max lvl toons) I grew really tired of Hyjal->Deepholm->Uldum->Twilight. I did Vash'jir once and despised it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

Bashiok

I don't see what Blizzard could realistically do to get me to come back. The fail of this expansion is pretty much baked in at this point.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

The remake of the dungeons may be a sore point, but they are changed pretty substantially to the point where you can call them new content.
    If we were not going to go get a patch until firelands then we would be waiting several more months yet when it is looking we will get 4.1 much sooner than that, within weeks.
    What I want to see is a better effort/reward system for pvp where honor it not just awarded at the end to everyone irrespective of their amount of, or lack of particpation.
    Random kills in the middle of a zone, mostly ganking nowhere near an objective should not award honor, nor should there be an award for a loss.
    There are already increased honor gains for kills when in a defensive position, so it is not unrealistic to have an aura from objectives that will limit how far away you can be from it to gain honor from kills.
    Towers, Bases and Flags could all count.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    Donnie: What aspect of the Wrath model did you enjoy so much?

Osmeric: That's why I'm asking what you would have Blizzard do. There has to be some reason you're still involved with WoW!

Quote Originally Posted by ishootblanks View Post
    the malediction lock was basically your worst geared warlock who the evil raid leader forced to take a dps crippling spec in order to provide a fairly awesome debuff.
    I'm so glad Blizzard got rid of this. It doesn't make for compelling gameplay. Somebody has to waste a spec on a spec that "cripples" their DPS. One less spec to use on PvP, farming, heroics, just general offspec. And what if that guy misses a raid? Then does the other warlock have to respec for that one raid just to grab this "fairly awesome debuff"? I don't mind deciding between Curse of Elements and Curse of Agony, because at least you can make that decision every time you enter combat (whenever you want really) and it doesn't cost you anything to change your mind. Still, even that isn't a compelling decision. It's just the illusion of a decision.
    Last edited by Renowned; 2011-04-19 at 03:18 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Give me all legendary gear with the Ashes of Al'ar and make every else a lvl1 gnome in grey items with pvp enabled.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

10+ Year Old Account
    The TBC raiding progression model. I don't care if I am restricted to some of the content. If I am restricted to the future end boss like Arthas then its fine. I don't care. I want to clear as much content as I can that is available to me that based on my gear, skill, and guild coordination. I don't want the stupid crap that "entitled casuals" want, such as hopping from tier 1 to tier 4 and not seeing a single damn pug for Naxx, Ulduar again. I loved those two instances, the most fun I had in WoTlK to be quite honest.

And stop nerfing the heroic 5 mans. The difficulty that they were in from the release of the expansion was so good that people valued teamwork for once. Now we're back to the grinding, worthless, wrath heroic crap again . DPS of 6-8k was good enough for the entire instance, which is what people should've been once they got to heroics and yet, thanks to the 15% buff and the other nerfs the instances are given, 5k at most or lower is now the requirement for the 3 dps. True, some boss encounters such as the third boss in the Lost City may have needed higher dps but then again, it depends on how the healers and tanks, and dps navigate themselves when a lot of crap is going on in that fight.
    Last edited by Kickbuttmario; 2011-04-19 at 03:24 AM.

Deleted
    Release more content, faster. It gets so boring waiting for months for 2 heroics...

10+ Year Old Account
    I want blizzard to make more new content faster, no recycle jobs anymore, forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...First off I applaud you for doing this. I've considered making a thread like this but I'm glad someone else did XD

...Having said that, I want to know what Blizz was smoking when they decided to make Vash'jr as a Cata starting zone. As someone mentioned before, the underwater mechanics get real boring real fast and felt out of place compared to the other 4 zones. Had they saved it for lv. 85 players and made Deepholm a starting zone that would've been different. Vash'jr is basically Cata's equivelant of Sholazar Basin and Blade's Edge Mountains--not worth your time and provides little to no lore. The fact that Vash'jr is actually several zones in one was what surprised me. I presumed this meant there would be an increased degree of difficulty but this wasn't the case at all.

I also want to know why Vanessa VanCleef is only in Heroic Deadmines. Alliance Players who do the entire progression in Westfall should be allowed the opportunity to fight her (with level appropriate drops) even if they can only que with people who've also done it.

Finally, why don't they just give those who rep farm Vanilla and BC Instances, Raids and/or Heroics (excluding the Cata Heroic versions of course) at 80+a fixed rate of 50-100 per trash mob? It would take the sting out of the rep farming >.>;

More RTS elements from the original Warcraft series.

I would like to see tanks... with guns! Big guns... oh wait, World of Tanks. Nevermind...

Quote Originally Posted by ishootblanks View Post
    Osmeric: That's why I'm asking what you would have Blizzard do. There has to be some reason you're still involved with WoW!
    I'm following WoW mostly so I can laugh fiendishly when the devs start losing their jobs.

---------- Post added 2011-04-19 at 10:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    ...Having said that, I want to know what Blizz was smoking when they decided to make Vash'jr as a Cata starting zone. As someone mentioned before, the underwater mechanics get real boring real fast and felt out of place compared to the other 4 zones. Had they saved it for lv. 85 players and made Deepholm a starting zone that would've been different. Vash'jr is basically Cata's equivelant of Sholazar Basin and Blade's Edge Mountains--not worth your time and provides little to no lore. The fact that Vash'jr is actually several zones in one was what surprised me. I presumed this meant there would be an increased degree of difficulty but this wasn't the case at all.
    Vash'jr solved a big problem they had with this expansion: not enough room to add zones back on land. So they crammed a lot of "land area" into it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

AoE looting.
    Remove the cost increase each time you respec.
    IQ test on the registration form.