Power Auras Issue

I'm sure this is a fairly common question, just haven't been able to find the answer as of yet...

How do I stop all my power aura Character Effects from spamming me as soon as I enter combat or when I first enter an instance?

Thanks.
    Last edited by wisemouth; 2011-04-19 at 08:25 AM.

What is it spamming? I suppose you only made aura's for abilities you want to keep track of?

At the bottom of Power Aura i believe there are several check boxes - you could disble the Combat one.

yes there are options at the bottom of each effect, if the box is blank then that status (such as combat, being mounted, etc) will not be taken into account when the condition of the aura is true (say you have one to turn on when you're missing a buff, it will show when you are simply missing the buff if none of the boxes are checked)

if you check the box then that condition has to be true as well, (say you check mounted, now you have to be mounted and be missing the buff for the aura to show up).

if you check the box so there is an X, then the effect will not show when this is true (so if its crossed when mounted, the effect will not show while mounted, even if you're missing the buff that should activate the aura)
    This pretty much sums up how i feel about this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zero infiniti View Post
    yes there are options at the bottom of each effect, if the box is blank then that status (such as combat, being mounted, etc) will not be taken into account when the condition of the aura is true (say you have one to turn on when you're missing a buff, it will show when you are simply missing the buff if none of the boxes are checked)

if you check the box then that condition has to be true as well, (say you check mounted, now you have to be mounted and be missing the buff for the aura to show up).

if you check the box so there is an X, then the effect will not show when this is true (so if its crossed when mounted, the effect will not show while mounted, even if you're missing the buff that should activate the aura)
    The problem is I need these effects to work in combat. (Trinket CD, Killing Spree, Adrenaline Rush, etc) I know what the addon is doing, it's basically checking if the action is usable or the spell is off cooldown as soon as I enter combat or when I load into an instance, but I can't figure out how to stop that initial mass check that causes all my set-up power aura character effects to spam me at once.
    Last edited by wisemouth; 2011-04-19 at 09:20 PM.

I've been trying to figure out this thread all day but it still doesn't make sense.

It shouldn't be "spamming" you for any reason, they will either activate or deactivate depending on how they are set up; you may have them misconfigured.

The only thing that would make them all come up at once is if you click the Test All button.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Simply put 'all auras activate upon entering combat or entering an instance'.

I've seen posts with other people experiencing the same issue, just haven't found a reply with an answer unfortunately.

Note: They aren't spamming me consistently (like they would if you clicked Test All), but are all showing at once for their intended duration at the start of combat or when I enter an new instance. This is actually a logical action by the add-on which is currently set to tell me when I have a certain ability usable or off cooldown. I just don't need it to tell me all of them are ready at the same time at the very start.
    Last edited by wisemouth; 2011-04-19 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
    Well if you've told the addon to alert you as to when your abilities are off cooldown, then it's going to tell you that they're off cooldown as soon as the activation rules are met. Apply some inverted aura checks if you need, or consider tracking less abilities.
    Is this a common thing to have to do for a basic aura? i.e. I set up an aura for Kick with 'Action Usable' to show me when it's available. I only did this with 3 or 4 other abilities, all similar, so it's not like I'm tracking an over abundance of abilities. Spell Cooldown auras also provides the same issue when entering combat.

Well you're not 100% clear on what you want. You want to know when certain abilities are available, and it's doing so. Do you want to know when Kick is available only when your target is spellcasting? Chain it with a Spell Alert aura.
    Basically what you're saying is that if I want a Spell Cooldown or Action Usable ability to not display an aura* at the start of combat I would HAVE to set up an Inverted Aura Check of some kind to prevent it. So this would be something that is a natural occurrence with Power Auras?

*edited*
    Last edited by wisemouth; 2011-04-19 at 10:53 PM.

Yes, because what you're asking for is something that isn't necessarily simple. Oh and I should probably point out that it doesn't track any sort of timer since the start of combat by default, but I can think of a couple of workarounds off the top of my head which would emulate the same functionality. Whether or not I'm going to sit here, reopen WoW, make one, test it, export it and post it or simply go to bed is another question entirely. I'll do one tomorrow if no one gets back to you by then.
    Bleh, unfortunately I didn't know that something like this would need to be done, but in the end I can probably figure out this work around on my own.

Thanks for the offer and the help.

Upon entering an instance I can only guess is due to a check based on whether you are in a group.
    Could you give us some information on the specific auras, so we know exactly what they are intended to track.

Currently I have these setup:

Action Usable: Killing Spree
    (Version:4.17; anim1:3; icon:Ability_Rogue_MurderSpree; buffname:Killing Spree; begin:2; unitn:Only for raid/group.; bufftype:7; alpha:0.5; owntex:true; duration:2; mine:true; sound:22; stacksOperator:=; exact:true; size:0.42; torsion:1.01; y:87; texmode:2) **All 'Action Usable' are like this one basically**

Action Usable: Adrenaline Rush
    Action Usable: Kick
    Action Usable: Feint
    Action Usable: Wind Dancer's Gloves (Synapse Springs)

The following aren't giving me any issues:

Buff: Shallow Insight
    Buff: Moderate Insight
    Buff: Deep Insight

I completely understand why it's doing what it's doing, I just have to figure out how to remove the initial aura effect upon entering combat.
    Last edited by wisemouth; 2011-04-20 at 01:00 AM.

I think I understand more of the issue. Maybe instead of PowerAuras for the Action Usable abilities, make another Bartender\Dominoes bar a bit larger in the spot that you want it so you can monitor the cooldowns on the abilities (with OmniCC) and still use them without them popping in and out and being annoying.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    I think I understand more of the issue. Maybe instead of PowerAuras for the Action Usable abilities, make another Bartender\Dominoes bar a bit larger in the spot that you want it so you can monitor the cooldowns on the abilities (with OmniCC) and still use them without them popping in and out and being annoying.
    Basically I'm using a Chemistry set to make Kool-Aid?