Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will JP and VP reset with 4.1?

When patch 4.1 arrives, will we keep our accumulated Justice and Valor points?

well y wouldnt we?? me personally i hope not but i highly doubt they will reset
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Valor points will become JP. Conquest become honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    4.2, not 4.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot View Post
    Valor points will become JP. Conquest become honor.
    But not over your JP cap I think.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Nothing will happen to jp/vp with 4.1
    The switch will happen in 4.2 and even then, will only affect VP, which will become JP (probably converted to gold above cap).

Err, Ash, that can't be right. Conquest gets downgraded too, since there's a new arena season, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    4.2, not 4.1
    Ah, right, missed that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    But not over your JP cap I think.
    I dunno. I wouldn't be surprised if they go over it as a softcap, but you can't earn more, similar to the original swap. I haven't looked for confirmation either way though, anyone got a blue on that part?

Conquest and VP will become Honor and JP respectively. FOR 4.2.

You can go above the cap, just you won't make any more until you buy things to get under the cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno. I wouldn't be surprised if they go over it as a softcap, but you can't earn more, similar to the original swap. I haven't looked for confirmation either way though, anyone got a blue on that part?
    It hasn't been announced yet.

Deleted
    the conversion will happen with 4.2 (new raid tier, new season)

nothing will happen with 4.1

Ah, right, missed that.

I don't think Blizzard's decided what they want to do with it yet, so we probably won't see a blue post on it until we get closer to the patch. They'll either be converted to gold, or go ofter the cap as a softcap (hopefully this is what happens).

The only thing blues have said so far is that VP will reset to 0 in 4.2, and current VP will convert to JP...but no word yet on what happens to your JP over that 4k cap.

Most likely, they'll just do the old over-cap thing they did in the past - points converted can push you over the cap, but you can't earn more until you spend what you have.

It makes sense - afterall, the stuff you can buy with the lower-tier points in 4.2 is the same stuff you can buy with the upper-tier points right now. So it's not like you gain (or lose) anything by hoarding the points. If they just had points vanish above the cap, people would just need to spend them on whatever before patch day, and it would only annoy those that fail to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Err, Ash, that can't be right. Conquest gets downgraded too, since there's a new arena season, yeah?
    Yeah, what i meant that Jp/Honor wouldn't be affected (from the blue posts when the mechanisms were introduced), but Valor/Conquest would become Jp/Honor.
    They said at that time they didn't intend to wipe current lower level points at the switch either, but like with everything with Blizzard recently, it might be subject to change until day before patch...

They'll only downgrade during major content patches. Such as raid tier patches.

Ah, right, missed that.

It was announced in a blue posts a month or so back when the original question asked. The only thing they didn't answer was what happened to the "extra" JP you would have, but they did state you would be capped at 4k. So one would assume the extras are converted to gold at the current rate it is. Which I think was 72s per point or something as I know they changed it at one point before they did the swap.

10+ Year Old Account
    nothing will happen in 4.1 due no new tier being released.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye, no new valor items, no reset of points. 4.2 for firelands.

Edit: Deleted due to misinterpretation of the post to which I'd responded

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Sure are a lot of replies for a simple answer...

NO.