Thread: New Computer

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

New Computer

So i have finally decided to buy a new computer, and i have some trouble finding out, what is best.
    I am buying the computer from a site that all ready have made the builds but offer different parts.

The standard computer got these specs:

CPU: Intel ® Core ™ i5-2500 4x3.30GHz (Turbo 3.70GHz)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte PH67A-UD3-B3 motherboard with SATA3.0 & USB3.0
    CPU cooler: Temperature-controlled cooler
    Ram: Kingston 8 GB DDR3 dual channel memory
    Hard drive: Seagate 1000GB SATA3 Fluid 6GB / s 7200rpm
    Graphics: nVidia GeForce GTX560Ti 1GB dedicated PCI-E (NEW) (DirectX 11)
    Housing: Vision Silent Phantom enclosure with noise and additional cooling
    Power Supply 700W Power super silent 17dB
    Audio: 8 channel HD audio codec ALC889a Dolby (SoundBlaster Comp)
    Drive: Sony DVD burner + / - Dual Layer
    Ethernet: 100/1000 Mb / s Realtek 8111 Gigabit LAN
    Software: All drivers, etc. are included.
    Cooling: Silent coolers and power supply and extra soundproofing of housing
    (There are 3 extra radiators which can be connected as needed)
    Warranty : Granted 24-month full warranty at Vision Computers
    Services: Vision service pack with particular Danish Support and hotline
    Dimensions : (DxBxH) 49cm x 20cm x 44.5 cm
    Plug / Connector
    8 x USB 2.0 Ports
    2 x USB 3.0 Ports
    1 x RJ-45 LAN 100/1000 Gigabit Jack
    2 x DVI and 1 x mini-HDMI
    (directly translated from the Danish site i am buying it from)

To my questions
    of what i have read alot of people say the i5-2500k is one of the best CPU for gaming,
    but how does it compare to the i5-2500 if i don't plan OC since i have never done it ?

And if i understand correct the i7-2600/2600k is not a big upgrade if i just plan to play games on the computer ?

i have the option to go from the GTX 560 ti to a GTX 570 for around 143 $ more (keep in mind that this is in Denmark and it is more expensive here)
    my only concern about the GPU is how long i will be able to play games with good graphic and no lag, so would the 570 be worth the money?

And do you guys think this computer will be able to play Battlefield 3 and Elder scrolls V Skyrim on good graphics ?

That should be everything, sorry for any spelling error's if there is something you do not understand please say so, then i can try to correct myself.
    also my screens resolution is 1680 x 1050 if that is important.

If anyone is interested http://www.mm-vision.dk/produkter/vi...&type=pcsystem this is the site I plan to buy it from, you should be able to translate the entire site, or atleast i could with google chrome.

If you're not interested in doing small upgrades or tweaks, and just want a computer that will run games great for next 2-3 years on your current monitor the computer is good pick. But doing later upgrades besides swapping the graphics card for newer model will not be easy or cheap on this computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiram View Post
    of what i have read alot of people say the i5-2500k is one of the best CPU for gaming,
    but how does it compare to the i5-2500 if i don't plan OC since i have never done it ?
    Even if you have never overclocked, the ability to do it later is a good thing. It means that in 2-3 years you might be looking to get faster computer, and you can easily achieve it with overclocking for free. The computer set you've been looking at comes with both CPU and motherboard that can not be overclocked, so you need to look for another store or another computer if there are alternatives. My danish is not good enough to give you suggestions on the topic.

And if i understand correct the i7-2600/2600k is not a big upgrade if i just plan to play games on the computer ?
    Yes, 2600 does little to nothing in games... Difference varies between -10% and +10% (yes, it can actually run some badly behaving games slower if you don't know how to work around that problem.)

i have the option to go from the GTX 560 ti to a GTX 570 for around 143 $ more (keep in mind that this is in Denmark and it is more expensive here)
    my only concern about the GPU is how long i will be able to play games with good graphic and no lag, so would the 570 be worth the money?

also my screens resolution is 1680 x 1050 if that is important.
    1680x1050 is such a small resolution that GTX560ti will be totally fine for it for few years ahead. If you had 1920x1080 or bigger monitor, or are planning to get one, then you might need to worry about it.

And do you guys think this computer will be able to play Battlefield 3 and Elder scrolls V Skyrim on good graphics ?
    Sorry, my crystal ball is out of batteries.

One more thing is that the store you're using does not reveal things like what brands of RAM or PSU they're using which is bit fishy.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Based on:

Minimum System Requirements
    Processor: Dual Core
    Memory: 2 GB
    Hard Drive: 15 GB for Digital Version, 10 GB for Disc Version
    Video Memory: 256 MB
    Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
    DirectX: 10
    Keyboard and Mouse
    DVD Rom Drive

Recommended System Requirements
    Processor: Quadcore Processor
    Memory: 4 GB
    Hard Drive: 15 GB for Digital Version, 10 GB for Disc Version
    Video Memory: 512 MB
    Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
    DirectX: 11
    Keyboard and Mouse
    DVD Rom Drive

Especially @ 1680x1050 I'd say you should be good.

Deleted
    Thanks for the answers, the store does indeed not mention the brand but i got 5 friends or so that have brought computers from them and I have only heard good things about them, i do not plan to get a new monitor, because i think mine is big enough, so its nice to hear that i can save some money on the GPU.
    The store does have an option for another computer with the i5-2500k CPU but the same motherboard, the motherboard can be upgraded to a Gigabyte P67A-UD4 can you overclock this ?

the other computers specs look like this:

CPU: Intel i5-2500k 4x3.30GHz (Turbo 3.70GHz)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte P67A-UD4
    CPU cooler: Temperature-controlled cooler Intel
    Ram: Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3-1600 dual channel memory
    Hard drive: Seagate 1000GB SATA3 6GB / s Fluid Silent 7200rpm
    Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX560Ti 1GB graphics card
    Housing: Vision Silent Unicorn with noise suppression and additional cooling
    Power Supply 750W ATX power supply super silent 17dB High-END
    Audio: 8 Channel HD Audio RealTek. (SoundBlaster Comp)
    Drive: Sony 24x DVD burner + / - Dual Layer
    Ethernet: Gigabit Fast Ethernet 8111DL
    Software: All drivers, etc. are included.
    Cooling : Silent coolers and power supply and extra soundproofing of housing.
    ( There are 3 extra radiators which can be connected as needed)
    Warranty : Granted 24-month full warranty at Vision Computers
    Services: Vision service pack with particular Danish Support and hotline
    Dimensions : 51cm x 20cm x 44.5 cm
    Plug / Connector
    1 x PS / 2 port
    8 x USB 2.0 ports
    2 x USB 3.0 ports
    1 x SPDIF (Coazial)
    1 x SPDIF (Optical)
    6 x Audio Ports
    1 x RJ-45 LAN Jack
    2 x DVI and 1 x HDMI

here is the link if you need it.
    http://www.mm-vision.dk/produkter/vi...&type=pcsystem

IIRC Every P67 (along with X79, Z68) can overclock (some better than others). So you should be able to OC yes.
    Last edited by ayako; 2011-04-19 at 12:21 PM.

This build will be able to run ALL Games until PS4/XBOX3 are out. PC Games graphics hasn't changed since 2006. My PC is 2-3 years old (E8400at3.6GHz+9800GTX+512MB) and everything runs really smooth, near max at 1920x1080.
    Maybe you want to save money for a SSD (Corsair Force 120GB or Intel X25-M G2 Postville 120GB)

The 2nd one looks great, the i5-2500k can be oc's to like 4.5ghz pretty easily... the power of that extra 1.2ghz shouldn't be under-estimated :P
    How much do they cost (in usd lol)? Might be cheaper elsewhere just wondering :P
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taekvideo View Post
    The 2nd one looks great, the i5-2500k can be oc's to like 4.5ghz pretty easily... the power of that extra 1.2ghz shouldn't be under-estimated :P
    How much do they cost (in usd lol)? Might be cheaper elsewhere just wondering :P
    That's a little misleading, when you're overclocking your actually upping the 3.8 value on the 2500k, and not the 3.3ghz.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    That's a little misleading, when you're overclocking your actually upping the 3.8 value on the 2500k, and not the 3.3ghz.
    It's snowing here....
    sorry
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    Not true either... When you overclock Sandybridge you are indeed using the Turbo function to do so normally, but it overrides all of the Turbo multipliers. So instead of having 3.4GHz with 4 Cores Active, 3.5GHz for 3 Cores Active, 3.6GHz for 2 Cores Active and 3.7GHz for 1 Core Active you get...

4.5GHz for 4 Cores Active
    4.5GHz for 3 Cores Active
    4.5GHz for 2 Cores Active
    4.5GHz for 1 Core Active

It just overrides the standard multipliers for turbo and gives all of the functions the same multiplier.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I wasn't going into that much detail in my post, I just didn't want to see yet another thread on why his overclocked sb wasn't going past 3.3ghz
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Deleted
    The first one with the i5-2500 and 560 ti cost 1385 $
    And the second with i5-2500k same GPU and upgraded motherboard cost 1490 $
    both is also upgraded with a wireless network card.

In Denmark we got something called moms, makes pretty much everything 25 % more expensive. which sucks.

both computers are without windows 7 which cost around 133 $ lucky for me i all ready got one

Edit: i could probably try to see what it cost just to buy the parts, but i am pretty sure it will be more expensive.
    Last edited by mmoc779cda151e; 2011-04-19 at 05:38 PM.

The first one with the i5-2500 and 560 ti cost 1385 $
    And the second with i5-2500k same GPU and upgraded motherboard cost 1490 $
    both is also upgraded with a wireless network card.

In Denmark we got something called moms, makes pretty much everything 25 % more expensive. which sucks.

both computers are without windows 7 which cost around 133 $ lucky for me i all ready got one

Edit: i could probably try to see what it cost just to buy the parts, but i am pretty sure it will be more expensive.
    Hmm well if those prices include a 25% tax then that's not bad.
    I would go with the 2nd one.

Deleted
    So i decided i wanted to try finding the parts myself and see if the price would be more expensive then from the store.

The spec:

CPU: Intel i5-2500k 4x3.30GHz (Turbo 3.70GHz)
    Motherboard: MSI P67A-G45 B3 Sandy Bridge
    CPU cooler: Corsair Air Series A70 CPU Cooler
    Ram: Kingston 8GB DDR3 1600MHz (2x4)
    Hard drive: Seagate 1000 GB 7200.12 32MB (could probably get a better one for the same money)
    Graphics: MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC (1 GB)
    Housing: NZXT Phantom Crafted Series White
    Power Supply: Corsair CMPSU-750TXEU

it would cost around 1414 $ but not sure about some of the parts.

You can drop the A70 CPU cooler off completely if you aren't gonna overclock. It's easy-ish to add a better cooler later if you decide to overclock. Also the power supply you chose is rather expensive, Antec TruePower New 650 is probably lot cheaper and totally good enough.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    The Antec TruePower New 650 cost 20 $ more on the site i am looking at, but what kind of voltage/powerrating, dont know what it is called in English, is enough for a system like this ?

and about the CPU cooler do you have any suggestions because i have no idea what to take there :P

The processor comes with basic cooler which is enough to run it at normal temperatures and very light overclocking. So if you do not want to overclock from the start, you'll be totally fine with the default cooler.

Whole computer takes around 350-400W power, maybe 100W more if you overclock everything, so in theory 500W should be enough. But keep in mind that shit quality 500W PSU is probably closer to 300W in reality and will be risky. In Newegg for example the Antec PSU I mentioned is whole lot cheaper than Corsairs, that's why I mentioned it, but if it's other way around for you, nevermind then.
    Trolling should be.

15+ Year Old Account
    the antec earthwatts 650W is also very close in performance to the truepower new if you can find it
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    they do have the antec earthwatts 650W and it is also cheaper, i think my old computer got a rather good 500w PSU, maybe i should find out if it would be able to run the system, i am not home at the momemt, but worth it if i can save the money. but my old PSU is around 4-5 years old will that effect its performance ?

You don't usually rate a PSU on performance. It either does the job, or it doesn't. And what I mean by it doesn't, is that it might look like it's working fine, but then crap out when you push the system.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2