Thread: guild wars 2

Deleted

guild wars 2

anyone know when guild wars 2 is going to be released or got speculation around when?, and like what system requirements ?

Deleted
    Actually, Google might know the answer to these questions.
    Please click here to see how Google can help you!

Also, this thread was created on the "World of Warcraft - General Discussion" subforum.
    Expect a moderator to lock and/or move this post to a more... suitable location

I had hopes that the potential GW2 players wouldn't become the next installment of the Aion/War/Conan/Rift/etc. crowd on these forums... but this is the first omen.

inb4 GW2 is the next WoW-killer (coming to a general discussion thread near you in 3-6 months time)

There is no release date on it, but speculations seems to lean towards end of this year.

It seems a good alternative to WoW. Why? because it's a different game. Different PvP style, and you can play solo all the content if you feel.

I think it will be a good contender (while not interfering much with WoW).

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    I had hopes that the potential GW2 players wouldn't become the next installment of the Aion/War/Conan/Rift/etc. crowd on these forums... but this is the first omen.

inb4 GW2 is the next WoW-killer (coming to a general discussion thread near you in 3-6 months time)
    GW2 will not be the WoW killer. I hope and pray that it is NOT the WoW killer because I want most of the WoW players to stay right where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by dpcn111 View Post
    GW2 will not be the WoW killer. I hope and pray that it is NOT the WoW killer because I want most of the WoW players to stay right where they are.
    No sub fee and the completely different style of the game means it is farther from being a WoW-killer than any of those terribad games I listed. However, it will probably be insanely more popular than any of those for the same reason. It's a completely different game and it looks very promising, I think a lot of players (myself included) will play both WoW and GW2 at the same time. My point is just that it will inevitably come to that point where those select few "special" posters will come on WoW forums to rave about GW2. I can still hope it won't happen, but I expect disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    No sub fee and the completely different style of the game means it is farther from being a WoW-killer than any of those terribad games I listed. However, it will probably be insanely more popular than any of those for the same reason. It's a completely different game and it looks very promising, I think a lot of players (myself included) will play both WoW and GW2 at the same time. My point is just that it will inevitably come to that point where those select few "special" posters will come on WoW forums to rave about GW2. I can still hope it won't happen, but I expect disappointment.
    I'll guarantee you it will happen. Believe me, I'm one of those Guild Wars 2 fanatics that are completely sold on the game. But I will still be equally disappointed when all of "those guys" will come yelling "WOW KILLER OMFG" on these forums close to the release. It just makes me cringe and feel ashamed. I just want everyone to enjoy the games that they like playing

Quote Originally Posted by dubbelbasse View Post
    I'll guarantee you it will happen. Believe me, I'm one of those Guild Wars 2 fanatics that are completely sold on the game. But I will still be equally disappointed when all of "those guys" will come yelling "WOW KILLER OMFG" on these forums close to the release. It just makes me cringe and feel ashamed. I just want everyone to enjoy the games that they like playing
    Heh figured from your avatar, Rytlock FTW. I feel the same way, that's why I don't want to see it. That and causing every WoW player who hasn't looked into it to group GW2 with the likes of Rift. *shudder*

I'll see ya on the GW2Guru forums then where the civil GW2 folks will stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know a lot of my guildmates are already pretty stoked for GW2, that being said im also very skeptical as mentioned above the Aion,Conan,Rift crowds. WoW is an excellent game, and its very enjoyable but six years later its becoming a bit stagnant, thats just my opinion. I personally will be giving GW2 a go and if it performs will switch over to it.